What you did today

Blarghagh

How do you figure?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That sucks a lot. I pretty much never brushed my teeth ever for like the first eighteen years of my life, and all I've got to show for it are a few smaller cavities (didn't even need a single crown or anything). Guess I'm really lucky - most people would've had to pay a much higher price than that. What horribly stinky breath I must've had for the longest time, though. Good luck with your teeth and getting them back in order!

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I think one of my teeth roots is infected again. Happy day. Time to make a dentist appointment, I guess.

The fleshy bit above it is swelling up in the same way it happened last time it got infected, and it also feels the same. There was a crack in the root that caused it, and they fixed it but said if it happened again they were going to have to remove the tooth.

Dentists are just going to charge you money, you dont need to go

A  good piece of string tied to a door handle is the best way to remove problematic teeth :yes:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wonder if that could actually make things worse: if it's all infected, might be that removing the tooth would provide more direct access to the gums (and through the gums, your other teeth)? I'm not a dentist, though...and I would want to consult one before doing something as drastic as permanently ripping out one of my teeth. :p

• Like 2

Had the same problem a while ago, the area where the roots are was totally swollen but the rest of the tooth liked fine so I suspected a root infection. In the end it was a cavity between two teeth, just at the gum-line so it caused an infection and tons of swelling. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Interviews still, yesterday was a pleasant Russian lady and she was pretty capable. She won't be on our team though, as she's got no technical background - no one's perfect I guess. So far though, has been some impressive people - one guy with an M.A in Mathematics couldn't explain what an ODE is, another said you'd need a Computer Science background to understand what the Internet is in layman's terms, one emailed asking for the job description and one guy forgot what day his interview was.

Either the job market is awash with incompetents or all the good people are working someplace else. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Interviews still, yesterday was a pleasant Russian lady and she was pretty capable. She won't be on our team though, as she's got no technical background - no one's perfect I guess. So far though, has been some impressive people - one guy with an M.A in Mathematics couldn't explain what an ODE is, another said you'd need a Computer Science background to understand what the Internet is in layman's terms, one emailed asking for the job description and one guy forgot what day his interview was.

Either the job market is awash with incompetents or all the good people are working someplace else. :lol:

Would you say you work in a company that has a good sense of ethos and decorum that resonates with the staff?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I work in a place that aspires to be Initech.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I really think my posting etiquette is getting better....I think I'm far less condescending , you know what I was going to ask you?

" Malc from the stories you have told me about your work its not the place I would want to work " 

But I see how that might be seen as rude and dismissive 

John Milton 

Not really rude, is pretty accurate laughing.gif

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Not really rude, is pretty accurate laughing.gif

Its weird but in the past I would have considered that a normal comment ...but I am right most people would see that as condescending?

John Milton 

That sucks a lot. I pretty much never brushed my teeth ever for like the first eighteen years of my life, and all I've got to show for it are a few smaller cavities (didn't even need a single crown or anything). Guess I'm really lucky - most people would've had to pay a much higher price than that. What horribly stinky breath I must've had for the longest time, though. Good luck with your teeth and getting them back in order!

Man, I wish I was as lucky. My teeth have been a problem for a long time. All my wisdom teeth were impacted and grew in so fast they undid everything my childhood braces did, and I broke several teeth in an accident when I was a teenager and had to get root canal on a few. I think the crack is still from that.

I think one of my teeth roots is infected again. Happy day. Time to make a dentist appointment, I guess.

The fleshy bit above it is swelling up in the same way it happened last time it got infected, and it also feels the same. There was a crack in the root that caused it, and they fixed it but said if it happened again they were going to have to remove the tooth.

Dentists are just going to charge you money, you dont need to go

A  good piece of string tied to a door handle is the best way to remove problematic teeth :yes:  

Yeah, except I already said it was cracked. It's just as likely I'll pull it in half and leave fragments in there to fester.

Had the same problem a while ago, the area where the roots are was totally swollen but the rest of the tooth liked fine so I suspected a root infection. In the end it was a cavity between two teeth, just at the gum-line so it caused an infection and tons of swelling. 

Well, a cracked root and a cavity have pretty much the same effect. But yeah, it sucks. I've felt weirdly sick and tired since the swelling started too, but the dentist is packed until at least next week.

Well, if it's in the context of your company being awful it's ok. If it's trying to denigrate your career somehow, I guess it could be rude.

Well, if it's in the context of your company being awful it's ok. If it's trying to denigrate your career somehow, I guess it could be rude.

Yeah...you see thats how I often get misunderstood. I would never denigrate your career...it would have been only about your company 

John Milton 

The US Navy loves to pull wisdom teeth. Everyone I knew that had them growing in while on active duty had them pulled. In my case the top wisdom teeth were growing in straight so they only pulled the bottoms. The highlight of the event was being sent back to your rack with a bottle of pain pills and two days light/limited duty. :lol:

• Like 1

I had all of mine pulled in high school and I requested to be put under because I didn't think I could handle them cracking my teeth if I was awake. I also tried to take as little of my pain meds as possible which didn't last very long

It did save me from the Navy butchers a few years later

EDIT- On the fence about getting this shirt. Yea or Nay?

L1EbrDw.jpg?1

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I lost all 4 when I was 17, was not fun not being able to chew food for a week or so and brush with proper vigor (stitches and all). Was fun being awake and feeling the tooth get extracted, wasn't painful just the physical force.

Ah, well mine hadn't come out fully - they couldn't actually, on an angle and no room if I recall correctly.