What you did today

Blarghagh

It seems to be working. There's just that slightly worrying smell that could either be extremely burnt croissant.. or burnt wiring. I can't quite figure which...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I drank a whole 12 pk last night. I feel awful today. I'm definitely getting old. When I was in the military I could do half again as much and still run 5k with pack and rifle the next morning without puking or falling out.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I drank a whole 12 pk last night. I feel awful today. I'm definitely getting old. When I was in the military I could do half again as much and still run 5k with pack and rifle the next morning without puking or falling out.

Hmm, to be fair, that IPA probably has a bit higher of an alcohol content than the cheap beer you drank back in the day.  

Hmm, to be fair, that IPA probably has a bit higher of an alcohol content than the cheap beer you drank back in the day.  

True enough there. As a Lance Corporal (the rank I was stuck at almost the whole time) I was making around $300 every two weeks back in 1990 after taxes. After car payments and other misc I was a major customer of Keystone Light. I remember when the company that made Colders 29 went out of business and the PX was selling off their inventory for $4 a case. Oh it was nasty stuff but it was $4 a case! I bought so much my shocks were compressed on my car driving back home. Odd thing though, it didn't last as long as you'd think it would have. 

How the tooth feeling?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I know that feeling, I can't get drunk off beer because the amount of fluid needed to get there gets me bloated as hell. I'll usually ice some tequila or bourbon and drink about a pint or so of that when I feel like getting drunk.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm in my late 20's and don't get a hangover even when I drink myself into a semi-coma, whats really annoying is that large amounts of beer tend to screw up my digestive system pretty good. But I only get drunk like once or twice year, I don't enjoy the feeling of being intoxicated at all.   

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

How the tooth feeling?

I believe I have a classic case of dry socket.  It is not great.  I stayed home today, and tomorrow I go to see the doctor.  I guess it is pretty typical though, just need to stay on the Motrin.  

Had a nice 5 day weekend, sadly it's over. Cleaned dryer vent, updated laptop, assembled a POS pantry and got up to paragon level 170, not a bad use of the time

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How the tooth feeling?

I believe I have a classic case of dry socket.  It is not great.  I stayed home today, and tomorrow I go to see the doctor.  I guess it is pretty typical though, just need to stay on the Motrin.  

Commonly described as the worst pain you can be in without being mortally wounded. I think my nerves are shot though, because I had it twice and I would describe it as mild discomfort. Co-Worker had it and couldn't get out of bed for a day, and he's one of the toughest mother effers I know.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Commonly described as the worst pain you can be in without being mortally wounded.

I had a nerve infection in a freshly sealed tooth and it made me climb the walls, but there is pain that is even worse.

Had a salmonella infection from bad seafood, the first couple days my guts hurt so bad I rolled on the floor soaking wet from sweat and I had lots of blood in my stool. That was the only time ever I screamed in pain.

I imagine this is how it feels to be gut-shot.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Flew in from Mexico and man are my arms tired. *rimshot* It was a beautiful resort and all-inclusive is the only way to go. We went on a couple of excursions, the first being zip lines and riding ATV's. There were 12 zip lip lines crisscrossing the jungle and besides the crazy jungle humidity it was fun. The ATV portion had us driving around the jungle until we got to a sinkhole filled with water, where we all jumped in and swam. The second excursion was snorkeling with sea turtles. We hopped on a 47' catamaran and sailed out to a reef where we all jumped in. The water was ~12" deep and clear all the way to the bottom. The highlight of the trip was seeing two sea turtles that swam right up to me and let me pet them with my own hands! It was awesome. Also saw a pretty big stingray, an eel just hanging out in a rock and of course a billion colorful Caribbean fish. The guide had a water bottle filled with mashed banana and would squirt some out right in front of you, which resulted in dozens of fish swarming around you. I'm exhausted now and being back to work is the suck.

• Like 6

Flew in from Mexico and man are my arms tired. *rimshot* It was a beautiful resort and all-inclusive is the only way to go. We went on a couple of excursions, the first being zip lines and riding ATV's. There were 12 zip lip lines crisscrossing the jungle and besides the crazy jungle humidity it was fun. The ATV portion had us driving around the jungle until we got to a sinkhole filled with water, where we all jumped in and swam. The second excursion was snorkeling with sea turtles. We hopped on a 47' catamaran and sailed out to a reef where we all jumped in. The water was ~12" deep and clear all the way to the bottom. The highlight of the trip was seeing two sea turtles that swam right up to me and let me pet them with my own hands! It was awesome. Also saw a pretty big stingray, an eel just hanging out in a rock and of course a billion colorful Caribbean fish. The guide had a water bottle filled with mashed banana and would squirt some out right in front of you, which resulted in dozens of fish swarming around you. I'm exhausted now and being back to work is the suck.

Good to have you back, it sounds like an awesome holiday and really eventful

I love diving in the sea, well I do more snorkeling. Its so serene and peaceful and I never get tired of seeing sea life ....very therapeutic  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The highlight of the trip was seeing two sea turtles that swam right up to me and let me pet them with my own hands!

Now THAT is awesome!

Thomas Sowell

Good to have you back, it sounds like an awesome holiday and really eventful

Thanks. :) 

Now THAT is awesome!

It pretty much blew my mind. Less than 2' away were these manhole cover size turtles and I was petting the shell like I would my dog. I even shook their flipper. :lol: I briefly considered trying to pet their heads but they have a pretty impressive beak on their mouths and I didn't want to have to visit a Mexican hospital.

• Like 1

Oh some cool news I got m my new BMW today its a 2015 F30 320d Sedan 

But due to BMW 40 year anniversary I also got some cool unique features :dancing:  

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh some cool news I got m my new BMW today its a 2015 F30 320d Sedan 

But due to BMW 40 year anniversary I also got some cool unique features :dancing:  

Nice!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I had to go to court this morning for work. I'm back home now. One nice thing about being a civil servant is the hours are flexible.

Thomas Sowell

I went to a friends birthday celebration. Which in this case, meant going to a roller disco where an obscene amount of 80's music was played.

Thus, I had to try to remember what to do when wearing roller skates. Something I haven't had to do in a decade. Or two.

Still, after about 3 hours of skating while under the disco lights, I did only fall down the once.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

That was the only time ever I screamed in pain.

Since we're 1upping, Meningitis is probably the worst I've tried.. It caused me to puke and almost completely pass out from pain. It was such an intense burning sensation in the brain and spine that I very literally wished for death, for 20min until my fever burned so hot I lost consciousness.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, to 1up with pain to my ego... the university Christmas party I got ridiculous drunk and happened to be wearing cheesy musical socks. So all my friends remember me puking up, and every time I upchucked my ankles would bang together and tinny, electronic "jingle bells" would play... oh my ego was in agony the next day.

• Like 2

'hood's going to pot ... individual successfully impersonates a compete idiot by hitting-and-running a fire hydrant next to the Starbucks across from my grocery store--spurting water 40' in the air, landing mostly above an optometry business, collapsing the roof and flooding the area ... and now, the mall two miles away where I buy comics, evacuated for suspicious device. I think I'll stay home, watch some football tomorrow, mind my own business.

*factual edit: 50'-70' in the air, 1,000 gallons per minute, according to FD.

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.