What you did today

Blarghagh

So its Heritage Day today in South Africa and a public holiday....people are suppose to celebrate there culture and how its part of the new country

But for some this day is the perfect time to complain how  this " Democracy is a form of entrapment and slavery as white people still control the economy and they are unemployed "  :)

If you guys want to see what we go through as white South Africans who are part of the transformation and are committed to a non-racial economic country read these links....this is from this new website run by young disillusioned black people who have decided that the fault of everything in South Africa and African is due to white people,colonialism and what they call  " white capital " ....they are trying to rediscover black consciousness and have decided the only way to way to do this is to completely blame white people and take no responsibility for any of the real problems on the continent....they think Robert Mugabe is a great African leader :biggrin:   

http://vanguardmagazine.co.za/from-usobukwe-uthi-ayihlome-to-ulilian-ngoyi-uthi-ayihlome-the-sole-face-of-our-political-discourse-cannot-continue-to-be-a-man/

http://vanguardmagazine.co.za/f-off-white-people-mbe-mbhele-on-his-ambivalence-at-upsetting-white-people/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Getting closer to finalize my "exit plans" for Germany, having decided on a start date in my new job, giving me a definite goal for when I have to be in the UK.

In the process of packing... sheesh you gather a lot of stuff over time and I thought I tossed out a lot when moving from Australia wink.png

Gorth what do you do for a living again?

Software :)

ERP software to be more precise, but not everyone is familiar with it (the term), despite most people in the industrialised world being slaves to it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Getting closer to finalize my "exit plans" for Germany, having decided on a start date in my new job, giving me a definite goal for when I have to be in the UK.

In the process of packing... sheesh you gather a lot of stuff over time and I thought I tossed out a lot when moving from Australia wink.png

Gorth what do you do for a living again?

Software :)

ERP software to be more precise, but not everyone is familiar with it (the term), despite most people in the industrialised world being slaves to it.

Thats right...Germany would be a natural fit you must have assumed. Do you work with SAP or JD Edwards and if you don't mind sharing what exactly do you do?

I assumed it must have been something specialized and important because of how relatively easily you moved around  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You should see him deliver cast lead muzzle loader bullets - a box the size of a car battery that weighs 40 kilograms.  grin.gif  

Despite having an off day I gave the log bar a try, 5 repetitions 97 kilograms / 215lbs strict shoulder presses. This. Is. FUNw00t.gif

You're really doing a hand stand aren't you? tongue.png

6hG6z5x.jpg

:grin: 

But if I was doing handstand presses it would be even better since I weigh 104kg / 230lbs.  :biggrin:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I hope Wals is taking such a long break because he is busy becoming a competitive powerlifter.

I hope they got him a new spinal column made of adamantium ... I know his regular human bone version wasn't working correctly.

Get it ... Wolveringham. 

I did get asked by Wals to pass this along "Also you may inform them that now when I clench my fists wooden chip forks extend between my knuckles."

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched the Pope's speech, was bothered by clients making me do my job. Very keen to go home and play Cities Skylines with the After Dark expansion.

Trying to find a mason to fix our front steps as well, we got lucky of sorts with our flooring guy as a neighbour recommended them, but no such luck this time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I got Super Mario Maker yesterday and have been playing it all day. It's friggin' awesome; better than I hoped! :)

Got some pretty good maps from other people too. So far, my favorite is, "John McCain, Prisoner of War."

I've only uploaded a few maps myself. Most people either have a crazy gimmick or make their stage super hard. So to mix it up I'm just making fun Mario levels in the traditional style. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Got bored and read through some of the earliest topics here in WoT and some of my first posts. Man we all sounded so young hah, of course it was 10-11 years ago. And Pidesco used to be called Soulseeker (what was up with that?)

oh and found Sawyer singing German Christmas carols...

Ah, old times...

/nostalgia

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Got bored and read through some of the earliest topics here in WoT and some of my first posts. Man we all sounded so young hah, of course it was 10-11 years ago. And Pidesco used to be called Soulseeker (what was up with that?)

oh and found Sawyer singing German Christmas carols...

Happy birthday baby Jesus.

http://diogenes-lamp.info/stillenacht.mp3

Ah, old times...

/nostalgia

Sup, 2004

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thats right...Germany would be a natural fit you must have assumed. Do you work with SAP or JD Edwards and if you don't mind sharing what exactly do you do?

Not going to give the specifics, but lets just say I've been around the block. Never did JD Edwards though. Been the architect of stuff for tens of users to thousands of users. Mostly doing Microsoft stuff these days. Smaller in scope, but way less boring. 25+ years professional experience helps when selling yourself ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not going to give the specifics, but lets just say I've been around the block. Never did JD Edwards though. Been the architect of stuff for tens of users to thousands of users. Mostly doing Microsoft stuff these days. Smaller in scope, but way less boring. 25+ years professional experience helps when selling yourself ;)

I think most prostitutes would disagree!

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Our UK office was told to reduce toilet roll use, while sounds like something out of Snow Crash, I thought that was handled by building management and not a tenant.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Our UK office was told to reduce toilet roll use, while sounds like something out of Snow Crash, I thought that was handled by building management and not a tenant.

Must be Gorth's new improved algorithm at work! ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Can't tell if serious. 

I do that once a week leaving Stater Bros., except I park a little further away than most so no one can see me ... and I sure as hell am not majestic. More like Titanic 'king of the world' pose, above the noise of clinking 12-pack bottles. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

You know what I hate?

*pause for response*

When I'm leaving the grocery store and people stop and look at me funny for standing on the back of the shopping cart and riding it to my car all smooth and majestic-like. Nothing to see here, move along

Nothing wrong with that. As long as you don't wipe out of hit your own car. That would be embarrassing!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Harvested about 50% of my chili because of the possibility of early morning frost. Going to freeze most of them so I can enjoy fresh hot chili in winter. 

chiliwoldan2_zps6mftjxax.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Must be Gorth's new improved algorithm at work! ;)

Possibly. I suspect management routinely masturbates to pie charts and metrics. Saves them from thinking I guess.

This week I have to give interviews. So very boring.