What you did today

Blarghagh

You know what I hate?

*pause for response*

When I'm leaving the grocery store and people stop and look at me funny for standing on the back of the shopping cart and riding it to my car all smooth and majestic-like. Nothing to see here, move along

Working as a "courtesy clerk" for a supermarket in my high school years, this was precisely why cart duty was the only enjoyable part of the job (that, and you could put on some headphones and listen to your tunes on your iPod.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Our UK office was told to reduce toilet roll use, while sounds like something out of Snow Crash, I thought that was handled by building management and not a tenant.

Must be Gorth's new improved algorithm at work! wink.png

Heh, yeah. **** doesn't happen if I have something to say about it! ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Last week I managed to do a wonderful combo of gash/cut/bruise/grace on my shin. Right now it's hitting that point in the healing process where that entire patch of skin is just constantly itching.  Nothing too serious, but damn aggravating.

Oh, and I've been told I'm being dragged to Snowdonia (Welsh national park - ie, mountains, valleys, and woods) for a camping week by some friends, so I'm sorting out the important supplies and survival gear.

snowdonia_park.jpg

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Our UK office was told to reduce toilet roll use, while sounds like something out of Snow Crash, I thought that was handled by building management and not a tenant.

Must be Gorth's new improved algorithm at work! ;)
Possibly. I suspect management routinely masturbates to pie charts and metrics. Saves them from thinking I guess.

This week I have to give interviews. So very boring.

They've probably realized that the uk guys must spend their working hours spanking the monkey while they were at it.

I now also have 7 layers of management up from myself, with my immediate suoervisor having been chosen exclusively for their knowledge of the subject matter without the customary psychological testing. Its like working for the Witch King of Angmar.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They've probably realized that the uk guys must spend their working hours spanking the monkey while they were at it.

I now also have 7 layers of management up from myself, with my immediate suoervisor having been chosen exclusively for their knowledge of the subject matter without the customary psychological testing. Its like working for the Witch King of Angmar.

Wouldn't put it past them, UK guys are a lot of wankers anyway. Not quite the gold standard of 8 bosses, but 7 is impressive. My company is a flatter structure, but still functions like a terrorist network - cells are isolated, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They've probably realized that the uk guys must spend their working hours spanking the monkey while they were at it.I now also have 7 layers of management up from myself, with my immediate suoervisor having been chosen exclusively for their knowledge of the subject matter without the customary psychological testing. Its like working for the Witch King of Angmar.

Wouldn't put it past them, UK guys are a lot of wankers anyway. Not quite the gold standard of 8 bosses, but 7 is impressive. My company is a flatter structure, but still functions like a terrorist network - cells are isolated, etc.

The last place may have ruined my social life, but at least I was spending the Friday night rebuilding the lan with the CEO :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Taking a few days off because my biceps tendon hurts a little and I want to give it enough rest for proper regeneration. Its probably nothing but the last thing I need right now is a torn biceps tendon which would mean surgery and having to rest for 10 weeks followed by many weeks of slow rehab.   :blink:

Must have been the hang cleans with the 100kg log bar, but I'm pretty sure my body is going to fix this in a week. 

All the extra energy not being spent on lifting makes me feel hyper though, but the awful kind hyper.  :banghead: The only good thing about this I always become 10-15% stronger after a couple of days of rest. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You know what I hate?

*pause for response*

When I'm leaving the grocery store and people stop and look at me funny for standing on the back of the shopping cart and riding it to my car all smooth and majestic-like. Nothing to see here, move along

Working as a "courtesy clerk" for a supermarket in my high school years, this was precisely why cart duty was the only enjoyable part of the job (that, and you could put on some headphones and listen to your tunes on your iPod.

Oh my god there wasn't even internet when I worked as a courtesy clerk for a supermarket in my high school years.  :facepalm:

All Stop. On Screen.

Last week I managed to do a wonderful combo of gash/cut/bruise/grace on my shin. Right now it's hitting that point in the healing process where that entire patch of skin is just constantly itching.  Nothing too serious, but damn aggravating.

Oh, and I've been told I'm being dragged to Snowdonia (Welsh national park - ie, mountains, valleys, and woods) for a camping week by some friends, so I'm sorting out the important supplies and survival gear.

snowdonia_park.jpg

That looks stunning, it should be a nice break

I don't mind camping as long as there is someone who comes along  who knows all about the various camping tasks...like how to put the tent up properly and how to fish and do other camping related things  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Watching Arsenal lose, hilariously. English team are worthless in Europe, rather amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't mind camping as long as there is someone who comes along  who knows all about the various camping tasks...like how to put the tent up properly and how to fish and do other camping related things  yes.gif

Every man should have the knowledge, the skills and equipment required for spending a week outdoors.

Thats basic human life knowledge, skills on the same level as basic first aid skills and the ability to defend yourself.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Disappointing interview, fresh computer engineering grad and couldn't give a good guess at what single and multi threaded applications were or what a C struct was.

At least it wasted an hour of my day

Edit - typing on phone with no glasses is bad.

Edited by Malcador

Disappointing interview, fresh computer engineering grad and couldn't give a gokd guess at what single and multi threaded applications were or what a C struct was.

At least it wasted an hour of my day

Ok, I"m going to guess you were the one conducting the interview cuz i'm not an engineer and I have some vague idea of what those are. What I"m trying to say is, I want to think well of you.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That was my interpretation as well, especially considering the semi-dismissive tone. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I don't mind camping as long as there is someone who comes along  who knows all about the various camping tasks...like how to put the tent up properly and how to fish and do other camping related things  yes.gif

Every man should have the knowledge, the skills and equipment required for spending a week outdoors.

Thats basic human life knowledge, skills on the same level as basic first aid skills and the ability to defend yourself.

You right, every man should have basic outdoor survival skills... but real and understandable  lack of exposure to said outdoor survival skills makes that goal unrealistic 

Hence my objective to include someone like you on every camping trip really works...I also contribute in my own way. I get involved in the cooking and logistics around what food we need to buy. So our shared system of " camping responsibility "  resonates with most people as they do see it as fair :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wont "camp" anywhere that doesnt offer a dedicated crapper. It can be a real bathroom or even a port-a-potty but a crapper is a bare minimum requirement. I also dont like sleeping on the ground on rocks and twigs because Im old and soft. Basically I need a cabin or Hurlshot's RV.

• Like 2

I wont "camp" anywhere that doesnt offer a dedicated crapper. It can be a real bathroom or even a port-a-potty but a crapper is a bare minimum requirement. I also dont like sleeping on the ground on rocks and twigs because Im old and soft. Basically I need a cabin or Hurlshot's RV.

Yeah both of those work for me, I probably prefer the cabin but the RV is very convenient ...you can basically camp anywhere you can park I imagine  8)

John Milton 

:sighs: Gringos
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I can poop anywhere without much trouble. Except in public, but that's largely due to it being a crime here.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My RV is a poop free zone by the way.  I make everyone hike over to the public bathrooms for number 2.  I have to clean those tanks and hoses out myself, thank you very much.

Sometimes the kids get away with it. But not you Gfted!

• Like 4

So...quarter units are different than semester units, which means I have 59 credits when I need 60 to get all the way over on my salary schedule.  It's easy to take another class or two, but that may mean another year at a considerably lower salary because of the window to submit this stuff.  

:(

:sighs: Gringos

I started sleeping on the hardwood floor about a year ago to combat a back problem. It helped me straighten out and lay flat on my back throughout. Now I can could sleep on the sidewalk if I had to. When I see a wagrant lying on a cardboard bedding I'm like, 'luxury'.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.