The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

I've finished Blood & Wine: A nice enough ending to the game but nowhere near the level of Heart of Stone, and not really as daring and CDPRish as the rest of the Witcher 3. A little too much catering to the player, rather than the usual catering to the narrative, characters, situation or setting that i've come to expect from the Witcher series.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The whole expansion was nicely summed up by Geralt looking straight into the camera and winking. Because that's what it was - a huge look into the camera and wink at the audience, a goodbye, retrospective which poked fun at the three massive games before it. It offered a lot of quality content, I'd even say most of it was better than what the base game had to offer - on the other hand, it was also a lot less subtle.

Main story not as good as HoS, but the sidequests were great. And lots of them too. The villain(s) still not on par with Witcher 2 or O'Dimm. Everything else was quality. I really loved that once you finish the campaign, you can simply live as a Witcher for a while, free from any earth-shattering scenarios to resolve. It was like my Geralt was winding down, taking on a few last contracts before settling in with Yennefer. The perfect structure for an end to the trilogy. 

Nice to see the noirish aspect of the Witcher acknowledged, very few folk seem to get that Geralt is oft times playing it Bogart to the hilt.

Pardon the poor pun.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I really love that element, by the way. It's exactly how I feel a witcher game (with Geralt) needs to be. Just imagine how The Witcher would be if made by Ubisoft or EA or someone... urgs.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Made by Ubisoft world would be the same, gameplay would be better, but story be more SJWish and less rape-ish.

and every time you go into a town or a breeze blows the FPS drops, your horse would clip through the floor and start swimming, and you would spend a lot time talking to the floating laughing eyeballs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, given how often Roach ends up humping trees...swimming wouldn't be too bad.

The trees were asking for it.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

One time in Blood and Wine I get off Roach to go talk to some guy, and while we're speaking in the background the horse can be seen with one bent leg resting on a table, like it's chilling and having a drink.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guys I am still on my first play through and I have just got through the battle at Kaer Morhen and I'm level 30

I want to buy both expansions but how this impact my current game? Will it just open up other potential quest options that are optional, so for example could I complete the 2 expansions and then return to the main quest or will this make me too powerful?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's usually recommended to play the content in order, i.e. finish main game, then Hearts of Stone, then Blood and Wine. The minimum level recommended for the expansions is low-to-mid 30s so they're just about doable at your current level, but they will cause you to overlevel.

Hearts of Stone takes place on the existing map, it just adds new locations to the previously unused north-east part. Storywise it doesn't break anything if you finish it before the main game.

Blood and Wine takes place on an entirely new map, far away from the rest of the game. Storywise it'd be a bit silly and nonsensical to do it before finishing all other content.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guys I am still on my first play through and I have just got through the battle at Kaer Morhen and I'm level 30

I want to buy both expansions but how this impact my current game? Will it just open up other potential quest options that are optional, so for example could I complete the 2 expansions and then return to the main quest or will this make me too powerful?

Both expansions are for late game characters anyway. Take those level recommendations seriously as enemies are much harder. BaW will also factor some of your decisions. I felt that one is best saved for last, since it's basically the series farewell. 

• Like 1

That'd just burn you out on the game, there's no reason to do the exact same content twice before tackling new content. Finish the whole lot first, most definitely. NG+ doesn't even do much mechanically in the game anyway given the limited number of skill slots.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Don't be scared, this is all fan-art. ;)

Yeah, what a shame. Lego wouldn't release such sets, but I would gladly buy a lot of it. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Don't be scared, this is all fan-art. ;)

Yeah, what a shame. Lego wouldn't release such sets, but I would gladly buy a lot of it. :>

But what if you accidentally step on Geralt?  Toes will role!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Another winning component in this game is how CDPR has implemented Romance but also " mature "  options through the various choices you need to make in way that comes across as very realistic 

I have never had to consider my choices as much as the Witcher series and the Romance... :wub:

I feel I love Triss yet Yen is smoking hot .....but I think I will chose Triss at the end .

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Another winning component in this game is how CDPR has implemented Romance but also " mature "  options through the various choices you need to make in way that comes across as very realistic 

I have never had to consider my choices as much as the Witcher series and the Romance... :wub:

I feel I love Triss yet Yen is smoking hot .....but I think I will chose Triss at the end .

You might be the worst SJW in the world, which I guess makes you a normal human being.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

You might be the worst SJW in the world, which I guess makes you a normal human being.

Well to be fair I stopped getting involved in Internet SJW after GG where I realized the whole thing is unnecessary. What was I really doing and what impact did it have? I was going to gaming forums and basically passing judgement and being obnoxious towards people who just wanted to play games...and what was there crime end of the day? Oh thats right, they were white male gamers 

So it was just a contradiction of what I stand for in RL and thats a society where even white males dont get automatically judged for there race

And most of what Anita and Leigh said and did was a real contradiction of what matters in RL SJ issues.Yes GG and its supporters made things worse for themselves by how they reacted but I think Anita wanted that, the truth is your average forum member would have no chance in  a real debate with Anita about gender equality because she is a professional and   she must have known gamers are good at forum debates but would fail in RL  debates and moments and not make the right choices

Which is exactly how it ended. You guys ended up on CNN...vilified and forever marked with that indelible " GG represents sexist and anachronistic white bigots "  

And that labeling was and is unfair as there arent any real sexists or bigots on this forum?

The whole Zoe Quinn incident was different , she was treated very unfairly 

• Like 1

John Milton