What you did today

Blarghagh

Still haven't cleaned house. Or did laundry. Or waxed the coach. Something inherent might be disconnected. Or I need to work less during the week. Maybe I'll start seeing a therapist, one without an ABV rating. 

Yeah house work is not my strong point, I have  a domestic worker who comes in once a week and cleans my house and does my washing and ironing

Hiring a domestic worker ( we don't like to use the word maid ) is common in Africa and South Africa. Its relatively affordable and you help to give people employment 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

When I lived in Korea, in all the barracks in which I lived, there was always a local who would do the cleaning, laundry, ironing and whatnot. Now it would just drive me bonkers. I do all the laundry and cooking and most of the dishes around here. We split chores actually fairly well except for cooking, which I have to do if we want anything above the level of boiled pasta, and sweeping and mopping the floors, which I always do.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I sometimes want to hire someone to clean the house a couple times a month or something, but then I realize I'd probably decide they were terrible at cleaning, so I haven't yet bothered. eg, I'm too ocd about certain cleaning thingies to have someone else do it for me. It's not that I'm a super clean-neat freak with a pristine house 24/7 - only that certain things have to be done a certain way or I go bonkers.

...slept a lot this weekend, since for part of it my head felt kinda like the exploded-head silver terminator in T2.

Currently awake and listening to the light rain that suddenly showed up. May try to watch some Netflix, since of course now I'm not sleepy. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We had company this weekend. My Wife's best friend and her husband. Good lord they could put some booze away. I'm starting my new job a week from today so that gives me a week to wrap up the big projects around the house. Starting with the fence.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If everything works out as planned, I will get a truckton of more money from next month on. I will have to work a bit more, but it is worth it for the first time in years. Damn, what will I do with all my new riches?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

If everything works out as planned, I will get a truckton of more money from next month on. I will have to work a bit more, but it is worth it for the first time in years. Damn, what will I do with all my new riches?

I am more than happy to share my banking details with you  and you can always do an international transfer directly into my account ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wish the amount of my riches would be this much. :>

First thing I'll do is to move out of my current town. I spend way too much time on driving to and from worm, imo. After that I'll think of something else.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

"I Spent the Money on Whiskey, Women and Gambling; the Rest, I Wasted" - Confucius

• Like 6

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

Knew he had said something along those lines.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You only start to realize how crazy you really are once you get an important visit and you have to spend an hour just to hide the stuff that might people that don't know you freak out. :blink:

Plush teddies and Spongebob Squarepants figures sitting next to a pile of ammunition, those kind of things... Now I wish I had more camo mesh nettings.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Tonight, I'm going to sing at the penance service. You pagan bastards might know it as 'confession.' You might not be surprised that many dyed in the wool Catholics are not fans of and do not participate in the sacrament. I don't want to engage in a huge discussion of the issue, but I have had two occasions of confession that I thought were life-changing. Just two. Pretty damned good! Of course, while those two instances were important, for the most part it's either depressing or boring and usually quite a bit of both. Of course, if you're in the choir, it's better. If by better you mean singing throughout everyone else's confessions and getting done last and being on your feet belting out depressing songs about repentance for 2 solid hours.

EDIT: and in all seriousness, I never miss a penance service and haven't for some time.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

South Africa is currently playing New Zealand in the semi-finals of the cricket world cup, rain has reduced our number of overs we can bat in but we will post a decent score, 280 runs or so

Then NZ will bat but due to the rain they will have 43 overs , I know most of you guys don't watch cricket but it is very exciting 

I'm at one of my customers and they have prudently used all there IT monitoring screens to show the cricket 

:dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

Whoops. Realized I'd forgotten to update my PoE address last august when I moved... Changed it today but don't know if it'll go through on the package (sent a contact us email).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Last night I had one of those cool and very elaborate dreams that feel completely real. In a nutshell:

There was some kind of animal pandemic going on, affected animals (mammals) started to get scruffy fur, their gums and teeth turned gooy-black and it also affected their brain. Animals would roll eyes and where you would expect the white eyeball was a new eye, dull-red and with no pupil nor retina. When that happened the animals started to act like possessed and moved around in a creepy twitchy yet controlled way.  

People in hazmat suits captured those animals and killed them by the thousands, cats, dogs cows, everything, some were locked up in high security vaults in underground mining tunnels. Apparently there was a high danger of that sickness spreading to humans, or maybe that had already happened, it wasn't clear in my dream.

It was pretty much an end of the world scenario though, the sky was black as night from the fires they used to burn the animals alive, the fields were barren and everything was dark and monochrome. I remember I touched a sick cow and the rest of my dream consisted of a super long sequence of desperately washing my hands with a blue disinfectant. 

I enjoy those dreams, they're like my own personal horror movies.  :w00t:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Dealing with flooding since Saturday. Washing machine is broken and just kept filling, taking half the kitchen and quite a bit of the carpet.

Living room sounds like a wind tunnel right now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dealing with flooding since Saturday. Washing machine is broken and just kept filling, taking half the kitchen and quite a bit of the carpet.

Yikes.

When we had a pool, I went outside once and the pool pump was pouring water out because the top of the unit had popped. At least that was outside tho. Are you going to replace the carpet? I'd be worried about mold because of my allergies. :/

Anyway, hope it dries out quickly!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yikes.

When we had a pool, I went outside once and the pool pump was pouring water out because the top of the unit had popped. At least that was outside tho. Are you going to replace the carpet? I'd be worried about mold because of my allergies. :/

Anyway, hope it dries out quickly!

Insurance adjuster is coming tomorrow and decision will be made after that. Talking with the water damage guy, it sounds like we'll likely get the carpet replaced and two of the cabinets.

The vinyl weathered the incident well.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Inbetween attempts at loading/reading the forums, using the Lean Mean Grilling Machine to cook up a series of small boneless porkchops for a late lunch. Don't love the thing, but it works and more importantly, is easy use/clean, vs. a messy frypan. Just for sandwiches anyway, mostly.

Guess I'll be sitting on the couch watching TV, laptop in hand, while waiting to see if the PoE keys are truly coming today or not. :)

• Like 1

That's a bummer, Tale. Our dishwasher went out and ruined the flooring in the dining room (the kitchen is tile). Insurance paid for it. I did the demo, but we had someone put in the floor, which sucked because I'd done a better job when I'd done it last time. Still, while it was a pain, it worked out okay. Hopefully, that's your experience too!

Obsidian Plays

I sat on the front porch and read a book all day today. It was really great. The book and the day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I read the PoE General Discussion forums throughout the day. Good entertainment if you like internet drama.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Brain and eyes have had enough staring at a close monitor for a while, so I think I'm going to now ... sit farther back and watch a movie on the monitor. ;) Probably Predators 2010, because for some reason I feel like listening to Adrien Brody's growly voice. He was really great in that action role.