What you did today

Blarghagh

Created my ranger character with wolf companion. But I am thinking about restarting and getting a deer companion. Not sure yet. Wolf is kinda a cliche.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I tried a ranger with a  stag companion so they both have horns...

:lol:

Hi Melk "waves "

Good to see you posting again, where have you been?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Homeless :p

Couch surfing since summer...

Bought the pumps today for my place. Sitting here with my construction crew, waiting for paint and tiles to dry. Tomorrow we're installing the pumps, then the plumbing will work. Finally progress.

edit:

also:

writing. Getting ready to try and publish my first ebook. Waiting for friends to finish their read-through. Going to do the final cover image over the holidays then I'll force you to advertise ;)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Had a big greasy breakfast, took a walk outside once it stopped raining, lifted some weight when I got back, and now I'm finishing up laundry.  Then it's all about that PoE.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Stopped by, saw the 'landlord' still hasn't barred the obvious arsehole, drank a half and left.

• Like 7

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Stopped by, saw the 'landlord' still hasn't barred the obvious arsehole, drank a half and left.

Hi Wals "waves "

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Have to play the Master at arms range officer tomorrow, hate it. I'd rather shoot targets than watch people shoot targets and instructing them.   :getlost:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Good to see you again Wals.

Same from me. I was just thinking the other day about how I hadn't seen some members around for a while, too.

Today I played a little PoE while half-living on the forums doing forum-y things. Think I need a short break now. Then more PoE later. Maybe my beef jerky will arrive this afternoon too. Too much fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did the quotes (on existing posts) on the forum break for anyone else? The outline boxes are gone. :)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am not sure which one Wals is referring to, to be honest. We seem to have an abundance at this time. :skeptical:

Always gets his shorts in a knot over oby, so that must be it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think we have experienced a catastrophic reactor overload; Pillars of Eternity broke the forums.  :wowey:

Can't say I'm shocked, this game is amazing.

Today I played PoE, enjoying my day off work.  :biggrin:

I am not sure which one Wals is referring to, to be honest. We seem to have an abundance at this time. :skeptical:

Yeah it must be Oby,  Wals always use to take him far too seriously and get annoyed.

John Milton 

^ Is that what he meant by that. I had no clue.
Did alanschu leave forever? He was another one I was thinking of the other day.

...about time for dinner/homebody stuff again. Tomorrow night hubby is having a guy's poker night, so I can play PoE all day/night without him making lonely puppy eyes at me. :biggrin: ... why couldn't he like games like PoE as well as Borderlands. Sure it's not an action or mp game but it'd still be fun to talk about it or holler at each other from across the hall or whatnot, heh.

• Like 1

Met with a couple of friends from the Great White North. Now I'm making my wife drive he while I do mod stuff, but it's fairly calm, so I figured I'd poke my head in and greet Wals. Howdy!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yeah it must be Oby,  Wals always use to take him far too seriously and get annoyed.

Community standards create communities. 

Mod policy has confused simply having a rule with the messy confrontational business of actually enforcing it. Great pubs let anyone in but they also throw some people out.

Encouraging a fictional racist on the forums isn't just wrong, it's ****ing weird. And on balance I'd rather go into any number of pubs and talk to an actual racist who has the courage to at least be offensive in person.

• Like 5

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It does seem weird that they keep letting him create threads with terribly insulting premises. Honestly the amount of anti-american, anti-police, anti-women stuff is way more prevalant than in the past, even if it is disguised by passive aggressiveness. I just try and tune out certain posters, but I consider this forum less comfortable than in the past. I guess things change. I still enjoy talking games here.

• Like 1

Community standards create communities. 

Mod policy has confused simply having a rule with the messy confrontational business of actually enforcing it. Great pubs let anyone in but they also throw some people out.

Encouraging a fictional racist on the forums isn't just wrong, it's ****ing weird. And on balance I'd rather go into any number of pubs and talk to an actual racist who has the courage to at least be offensive in person.

Never been to any pubs that threw a patron out for ranting about the illuminati, jews, and our new lizard overlords. Maybe I need to get out more? Then again, maybe you just need to drink the other half.

Good to see you, btw.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.