What you did today

Blarghagh

All LC needs is a white cat, orange one and a grey one. Reservoir Cats.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All LC needs is a white cat, orange one and a grey one. Reservoir Cats.

201671_1.jpg
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I  just watched Team USA choke... yes f-----g CHOKE on a 2-1 lead over Denmark in the last six minutes to lose 3-2. You wonder why that sport isn't more popular in the US? It's because we suck at it.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And another thing, is it just me or does it seem like every time Obsidian busts out a new game this place gets a little weird? 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And another thing, is it just me or does it seem like every time Obsidian busts out a new game this place gets a little weird?

A little, but I think PoE is a bit of a stand-alone in that regard. eg, even a little more than during a typical release. :)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Forum was loading much better today, even with 2k online, then suddenly it's lagging page-loads again...looked and almost 3500 online all of a sudden (now 4500, whee, everyone getting off work?). :cat:

...almost time to make some dinner etc.

I  just watched Team USA choke... yes f-----g CHOKE on a 2-1 lead over Denmark in the last six minutes to lose 3-2. You wonder why that sport isn't more popular in the US? It's because we suck at it.

Hey, USA did reach Round of 16 in the WC. They do fade as a match goes on, I guess fatigue plays in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I had to google what you were even talking about and it didn't even make the first page of my search

Can't we just buy better players from other countries? Interest may still be low but at least we'd win occasionally

In other news my PoE Prima guide book just shipped

EDIT- and I'm considering calling in sick the next 2 days

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Participated in a strength contest among friends, I won in the category single arm max weight shoulder presses with 5 reps 38kg and maximum weight one repetition with 44kg. I enjoy those little contests a lot, its a welcome variety in my lifting routine which can get a little dull some times. Though I have to work on them, I know a guy who can press 50 for three reps. Thats a lot.   :blink:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Forgot why I hate dealing with recruiters

Everyone will be playing Pillars of Eternity while I am at work. It's all I have been thinking about today. At the time of the game's unlocking, I will be in a very important meeting.

I will be working too.  

Best to wait for first patch.

Currently pre-loading PoE and am a bit pissed that I have classes tomorrow when I could be getting frustrated with mechanics and bugs.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

*yawwwwn* Considered staying up but my brain stamina isn't back up to par (repeated migraine "hangover" perhaps), where even if I made it that far I wouldn't be in much shape to play PoE at all. My eyes are puffy and drier than sand and stuff too. So...off to bed.

I expect to read all kinds of juicy first-time PoE stories when I check in again tomorrow. :biggrin:

Guy at City Hall says to me: "Could you do me a favour? Hold onto your files and keep them at home? If I archive them they'll just get lost."

That is one heck of an honest public servant.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just checked Steam. PoE unlocks in 4 hours. My day just got booked solid.

Thomas Sowell

Obviously I'm framing it to my own interpretations:

1) Why do reviewers and streamers get to play before backers? Obsidian doesn't care about us.

2) Why can steam preorder customers preload before backers? Obsidian doesn't respect us and so therefore I will badmouth Obsidian to everyone.

3) Physical goods and update 89-91. Why does Obsidian hate the international community?

4) We are badmouthing Obsidian. Why can't they bother to communicate with us and answer my loaded questions? Why, Why Why??

You just summed up 3000+ posts :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So I've been staying at a hostel for a month waiting for my new job to start. On the plus side, I got to share a room for night with three gorgeous twenty-something spanish ladies who were all really fun to hang out with. To counter-balance that though I shared a room for the last three weeks with a genuine as-seen-on-tv UFO conspiracy nut for Ecuador and an old man who I thought was frail but in fact had the flu which he passed to me. Also, in two months assuming I pass my trial period I will have a new laptop and can start on PoE and start working through the last nine months of PC gaming backlog I have aquired.