What you did today

Blarghagh

Still unemployed... spending my day productively.

That is, I'm sitting around my apartment singing Backstreet Boys and Queen.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This is what Spring looks like in Austria. Its like summer, just a tad colder. *cackles*

autrianspring2_zpsh1itikhy.jpg

Same here in Finland yesterday. A whole month of spring followed by winter coming back with a vengeance :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Found out that Nikita (Alberta Watson) is dead. Bit sad.

May be misreading your post, but Peta Wilson played Nikita in the first TV show.  Watson played Madeline on LA FEMME NIKITA (and Senator Madeline Pierce on NIKITA).  No less saddening news about her death (from cancer, which she'd had during the production of LA FEMME NIKITA as well; undergoing chemo at the time) though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That is, I'm sitting around my apartment singing Backstreet Boys and Queen.

A bit of wired combo wink.png Although just the other day I tought some kids in the park 'we will we will rock you'.. Any kitchy 'Backstreet Boys' for ~10 year olds that you can recommend? (I can't seem to recall any of them ) Edited by Tort
  • Like 1

Went to the dentist to get one of my teeth fixed. Ran into troubles during the x-ray, that stupid apparatus that rotates around the head to make an pic of the jaw repeatedly slammed into my traps (neck muscles) and jammed. To give it enough clearance I had to stretch my neck almost to the point of dislocating it. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I got my PoE box today. I'll spend the next five minutes looking through it, the next five considering playing PoE for a it, but I won't. Then I'll spend the rest of the night with a bottle of 9 year old Knob Creek and two of my college textbooks relearning what a Spearman Correlation analysis is and trying to figure out how that applies to what I'm doing for work. 

The job is very interesting but I'm in over my head at the moment. This was like hiring an electrician to fix a plumbing problem. But there is no difficulty that cannot be worked through with diligence, hard effort, and a little premium quality whiskey. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Everything seems easier to understand after a few drinks.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not much of anything.  I've mostly been curled up in bed sweating then shivering then sweating then shivering, making frequent trips to the bathroom, not eating anything, and just all around hating life for the last day and a half.  I'm starting feel slightly better, to where I had enough strength to walk to my computer.  Hopefully, I'll be semi-human tomorrow and can go to work.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

These cards are badass. The shirt is fly. 

e4d1a7a3-814e-451d-804c-ab1a92566c91_zps

IMG_0322_zpstdbfazmj.jpg

Nice one, I am excited about getting my shirt  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My t-shirts at this point are actually too big. Nooooo problem! I'll use it as a workout shirt. Anyhow, I've been hiking over the local mountains and found Dragon Back trail, Razor Ridge trail, and.... Jedi Trail! Huzzah!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Read old "Jugend" magazine (because of Jugendstil illustrations).  Surprisingly found so big amount racist and Nazi propaganda here (1890 - 1900), every not-Germans (Britts, French, US, Russians, Africans) depicting here as ugly degenerates. It's so unusual for me because in Russian magazines of same time i don't find nothing similar (too concentrated to yourself Russians are, narcissistic nation,  Tsar is bad, let's give Revolution, no ****ty governmental propaganda about evil neighbors allowed here). We are too different civilizations really, too alien cultures to each others.

Nice one, I am excited about getting my shirt :dancing:

Why? It's a cheap tshirt. I got my swag earlier than expected, go go Canada Post.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nice one, I am excited about getting my shirt :dancing:

Why? It's a cheap tshirt. I got my swag earlier than expected, go go Canada Post.

Actually it's a pretty good shirt.  The logos are screen printed, which means they should not fade or peel over time, and it is high quality ringspun cotton, which means it should stay soft much longer than most shirts you get from this type of promotion.  

Yes, you did just get shirt served.

tr401atg-w800h800z1-12628-you-just-got-s

• Like 1

Really? Feels like most of the cheap tshirts I get to wear around the house, cotton feels rougher but I assume that will go away with one or two washes.

Most of the cheap junk in the box is okay, kind of wish they had a key chain, use those as zipper tags on my bag.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually, I think the shirts are pretty good. The mouse pads are kind of cheapo but then again, they're mouse pads. I got two shirts, two decks of cards, two mouse pads, and then all the stuff in the box. I didn't expect anything to be 'fine' quality, let alone 'enchanted,' but it's not bad for the type of promotion it is. Still, I wore the tshirt to the gym yesterday and it soaks up sweat pretty well. That's all it needs to do for me. ...But yeah, Mal, it's pretty much promotional swag stuff. Except the decks. For cards, they're pretty sweet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I thought the t-shirts are nicely decorated but the material is thin. I was expecting a thicker material, like a Hanes T. Was there Female/Male sizing differentiation? I can't remember, if so maybe the guy shirts are thicker cloth? But I don't care, it's still the t-shirt I wanted.

Hubby and I went to a lake in the Valley for a couple days, place which used to be our favorite but we haven't been in years. Because of the current drought, it's more like a puddle in the Valley, but that's exactly how we like it - we went once when water level was highish and didn't like it nearly as much. Times like these tho, you can drive down on what is usually the lakebed in some spots and camp out down there, feeling isolated/on the moon and by yourself while doing some shore-fishing and wading.

Came back this morning to the march of PoE patch madness. Broke that online record again - 10000+, holy cow. They'd whipped the hamsters last week so 6000ish was speedy, but now my browser is all laggy, again. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lost my temper watching ice-hockey. The amount of bad calls and bad luck resulting in a pretty much last minute loss is devastating. Best player ejected from the game, 2nd best player gets hit by a puck weirdly in the leg and hobbles out of the game with out being able to put any weight on his leg.

Only in ******* Oulu.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Arsenal spanked Liverpool today, so not a bad start.

Ah these good shirts are the black Obsidian ones? Guess I needed to kick in more for those :lol:

Edited by Malcador

I just realized ... baseball. PoE (and other things) blew it completely out of my mind this year. Not that I'll probably be watching it a ton this time around, too many other interests going.

Today it's cool but sunny and thus I am going to go for a long walk around what constitutes the "bay marshes" around here, to watch the ducks/birds flap, the ground squirrels scamper, and the plants sway in the wind. I used to take my camera when I did such things, but now it's too much bother to carry. I prefer to be unhindered. Maybe I need a hat-cam.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts