What you did today

Blarghagh

Its only cold the first three days or so, after that you'll adjust. The first day in Iceland I froze my butt off, wind, constant rain showers and temperatures around zero celsius even in summer with no way to get warm was hard, even with good gear you'll eventually get wet down to your bones. After a few days though I didn't even notice the rain anymore, I didn#t care about being soaking wet all the time and got used to being constantly exposed to the cold elements. You'll adjust if you have to. 

I think what you call "adjust" most people call "early signs of hypothermia".

:p

I keed, I keed...

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

CHP vehicle loudspeakers are loud, even at 32MPH ten yards behind, the officer's voice was eminently distinct. Not on the freeway, but a four-lane thoroughfare skirting the mall, stuck behind Aunt May doing ten under.

"DRIVER IN THE BLACK XTERRA, YOU NEED TO INCREASE YOUR FOLLOWING DISTANCE TO TWO CAR LENGTHS"

I complied, and then thought long and hard about where my life is going. Or rather, isn't. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I used to love camping until I joined the military

Now I enjoy my creature comforts too much and you'd have to pay me to rough it

Shady you have become soft, what would your ancestors think?

You do realize that there is only one solution...you need to take a weeks leave and go somewhere like the Grand Canyon and stay  in a cave but the rules are you cannot use a tent or take food...you need to hunt and fish. That should remind you of your love of the outdoors 

:teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Cleaned house, squished a lot of black widows in the garage, a little PoE, more homebody thingies, stuffed my face on not quite burnt homemade pizza rounds, now going to watch an hour or two of TV, then more PoE. Although I'm getting eager to try the new version of 7 days to die as well, which came out a bit ago, too....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I haven't been here much lately. Either lack of time, visitors or the flu have kept me away. Pillars of Eternity is also to be blamed.

Weather here is really nice. I don't even always wear my jacket. I slept through most of Easter but cousins that were over never gave me any rest. There were many 4 player local multiplayer games being played.

Worked on some vegetables patches, after only 25 minutes of being exposed to an early April sun, far away from the equator, my arms instantly transformed into extra crispy chicken wings.  blink.png Somebody fix the sun please, its clearly broken.

tan_zpshjzam2gf.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hey it was you guys who said that approaching the 30's means experiencing sudden fundamental changes. Guess as I'm turning into an old geezer I'm becoming a mellow nice guy.  

• Like 4

Hey it was you guys who said that approaching the 30's means experiencing sudden fundamental changes. Guess as I'm turning into an old geezer I'm becoming a mellow nice guy.

You've always been nice. I still expect you to beat up the sun if it bothered you.

I turned 30 last month and I think I will need a cane and a monocle on top of my glasses very soon.

• Like 3

^ I'm 3.5 years away from being 50. I try very very hard not to dwell on this...
...but inside a part of me already starting to freak out a little. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*chants Tides of Grey Shall March Endlessly Across The Strands of Time ... *

Sidenote: the chant names in PoE are pretty redonkulous.

^ I'm 3.5 years away from being 50. I try very very hard not to dwell on this...

...but inside a part of me already starting to freak out a little. :disguise:

30, 50, why split hairs. It's almost the same.  :p

Edited by Labadal

Ah, I'm sitting in my comfy chair holding my favorite rifle (which I just cleaned and lubed) while listening to my favorite music. Life can be good sometimes.

Ah, I'm sitting in my comfy chair holding my favorite rifle (which I just cleaned and lubed) while listening to my favorite music. Life can be good sometimes.

Are you yelling at kids to get off your lawn as well?

:lol: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*chants Tides of Grey Shall March Endlessly Across The Strands of Time ... *

Sidenote: the chant names in PoE are pretty redonkulous.

You should see what I name my chants, you'd think that reading "Kana has stopped  chanting You touch My Tra La La" gets old. It doesn't.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Go away, lest you infect us all with elderliness!

Old Age coming for YOU .... just like it did for this guy 

movie-villains-age_2.jpg

and this guy ......

movie-villains-age_3.jpg

and this guy .....

movie-villains-age_5.jpg

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 2

Hey, its still a couple of years till I'm in my thirties.  :devil:

Think I need a break from thinking about PoE (and from sitting in this deskchair), so I'm going to spend the evening drowning myself in TV alongside the hubster, snuggled on the couch whilst groaning about our creaky joints. Think we have a lot of show episodes to catch up on here and there.

I mentioned earlier that I am in Cape Town for work, at  the moment there is a movement going on at the Rhodes University for removal of the Cecil John Rhodes Statue which has now happened 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32236922

Initially I had  sympathy for the movement and students  as I thought " these are bornfree's (people born outside of Apartheid )and they just want to create identity for themselves and these statues represent a colonial past " 

But yesterday after the statue was removed the students started chanting " one bullet one settler"  which means in a South African context "death to white people " 

So the entire movement is just a grandstanding effort and basically a " white people must die and leave the country " ...so the movement has lost credibility and integrity for me 

Also what the students have been saying is considered hate speech  from a legal South African perspective  so some of the students will be charged ..which is good. This whole development has really annoyed me  :blink:

John Milton 

You should see what I name my chants, you'd think that reading "Kana has stopped  chanting You touch My Tra La La" gets old. It doesn't.

Haha! I missed this earlier. That's very funny.

I didn't even realize you could name your chants. They're just "Chant 2 and Chant 3" etc. for me.

I've been very busy learning the new job. I haven't played PoE in over a week. A week! That is weak. Tomorrow we catch up on house projects, watch the last three episodes of the Walking Dead that neither of us has had time to watch, and maybe get some PoE time in.

I was thinking of making a new PC & starting over. I hate it when I get like that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell