What you did today

Blarghagh

Depends on the guacamole. :)

Really, isn't a core ingredient of guacamole Avocado?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Depends on the guacamole. original.gif

Yes, but not all guac tastes a ton like plain avocado. Some are more like .. hot chunky salsa with some avocado mush in it.
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Depends on the guacamole. original.gif

Yes, but not all guac tastes a ton like plain avocado. Some are more like .. hot chunky salsa with some avocado mush in it.

Fair enough :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Also, guacamole doesn't fall out of a burger in solid slices that require immediate rescue. You lose a little guac, you don't care. You lose an avocado slice, or an inch of bacon ... you care. 

The brioche bun was aces, too. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Also, guacamole doesn't fall out of a burger in solid slices that require immediate rescue. You lose a little guac, you don't care. You lose an avocado slice, or an inch of bacon ... you care. 

The brioche bun was aces, too. 

Do you guys use a knife and fork to eat a hamburger? I always do but after watching  food shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives it appears you should use your hands to eat a good burger 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Barbarian!

Parbly uses a knife and fork to eat boneless chicken wings.  ;)

:lol:

I'm not that bad but I do eat Pizza with a knife and fork 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Also, also I forgot to mention when I got home, my signed limited edition parchment paper print from artist Chrissie Zullo was waiting for me. 

Here you can see her signing #28 during Emerald City Comic Con last month. 

672b727e-fed9-4d7a-965b-bba9c0790181_zps

Mine is #34 of 100. Thanks Chrissie!

37335827-cff5-49e9-a472-d8838056ee0a_zps

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Broccoli is good, better than cauliflower in any case.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sweet potato anything, along with broccoli, needs to be thrown down a bottomless hole. Blarg.

Holy Smoke Gfted1..why  do you hate vegetables so much....its inevitable that the day will come when there will be a valid SJ movement that prevents and or criticizes any  vitriol against our green and healthy friends. So my advice is rather get into the habit now of not being accused of excoriation against veg, rather be on the right side of history from the beginning....less regrets and consternation later  :-

John Milton 

Quick, someone call Gfted1's mom, she can get him to eat his broccoli. But really, not liking one vegetable is perfectly acceptable, I detest lettuce and spinach myself.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Broccoli is good, better than cauliflower in any case.

Cauliflower > Broccoli

I'm weird on Broccoli and Cauliflower to be honest - love them raw, dislike them cooked.  But raw cauliflower is awesome.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They can make me eat broccoli when they force it past my cold dead lips.

Quick, someone call Gfted1's mom, she can get him to eat his broccoli. But really, not liking one vegetable is perfectly acceptable, I detest lettuce and spinach myself.

Yeah you guys are lucky, being  selective about what vegetables you can eat is more a first world country consideration

Where I come from many  people don't know where there next meal is coming from and don't say  "no " to basically any food....hunger  is a reality some indigent people really live with on a daily basis 

Now that my journey on the guilt-trip train is done please excuse me....my lobster thermidor is getting cold  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

You have to eat what you have available to live, but you don't have to like it.

You have to eat what you have available to live, but you don't have to like it.

Good point, that is valid

Interesting development but since Apartheid ended I have noticed a real problem around obesity amongst some sectors in the growing black middle class...you must see how fat our politicians are  :blink:

This is to be expected because healthy eating has been inculcated in white culture for years ( and we also have issues with obesity) but the same views around what you should or shouldn't eat aren't as prevalent in black South African culture, plus you now have much more spending power so of course this will lead to a period of people eating loads of junk food and initially getting  overweight 

But this should  rectify itself as time goes on 

John Milton 

That sounds awfully racist Bruce (and fat shaming)

They can make me eat broccoli when they force it past my cold dead lips.

Save the poor defenseless vegetables... eat more meat! :p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sorry, that wasn't my  intention

John Milton 

To be honest, one branch of my family comes from one of the poorest areas of the US. And a lot of the generation that "got out" (and their kids) have weight struggles. I think part of it is not having a strong diet education coupled with the fact that being able to eat what you want, when you want is a sign of affluence when your background is having the cheapest food possible when you didn't have to go without entirely.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sorry, that wasn't my  intention

I wasn't being serious :p

• Like 1

To be honest, one branch of my family comes from one of the poorest areas of the US. And a lot of the generation that "got out" (and their kids) have weight struggles. I think part of it is not having a strong diet education coupled with the fact that being able to eat what you want, when you want is a sign of affluence when your background is having the cheapest food possible when you didn't have to go without entirely.

Yeah, that's a good way of wording it 

" not having a strong diet education " and " being able to eat what you want now " 

Of course we also know that in some poor communities obesity is also an issue because junk and take-away food is cheap and prevalent. For example Organic food is more expensive than normal food. In South Africa not everyone can afford Organic food which is the healthier option 

John Milton 

I got back from my Africa trip a few hours ago (16 hours ago to be precise) and I have to say it's been a blast. Landed in Congo, spent almost a week there (went out clubbing until 4-5 in the morning 4 days out of 5) before flying to Cape Town (I was there at the same time as Bruce, I had no idea) to party some more. Went to Cape Point, hiked up Table mountain, swam in the ridiculously cold water and had lots and lots of good food, beer and gir.. fun. I mean fun.

The air B'n'b we rented turned out to be the apartment of a 25 year old fitness girl. She brought over her friends and invited us to a tequila party (she works at an ad agency and her client sells tequila so she had unlimited amounts). That became one of the best party's I've ever been to.

Crazy good times. But now I need rest. Vacationing is haaard.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!