What you did today

Blarghagh

I sometimes want to hire someone to clean the house a couple times a month or something, but then I realize I'd probably decide they were terrible at cleaning, so I haven't yet bothered. eg, I'm too ocd about certain cleaning thingies to have someone else do it for me. It's not that I'm a super clean-neat freak with a pristine house 24/7 - only that certain things have to be done a certain way or I go bonkers.

...slept a lot this weekend, since for part of it my head felt kinda like the exploded-head silver terminator in T2.

Currently awake and listening to the light rain that suddenly showed up. May try to watch some Netflix, since of course now I'm not sleepy. :disguise:

we got a nice portuguese woman who cleans our house approximately once a week.  she does an ok job, but the real selling point is she makes food for us.  frequently we get some kinda portuguese feast along with our house cleaning.

we did her and her family a solid a few years ago and she feels obligated to pay us back.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I sat on the front porch and read a book all day today. It was really great. The book and the day.

Nice, now that it's getting warmer I'll have to do that myself (maybe V20: Dark Ages now that the PDF is out, it'll be a bit before I get the physical copy but I've got the digital one now although I prefer actual books to reading on a tablet).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Sprained my shoulder and can barely move my neck and arm without pain shooting from my neck through my back. Makes everything very annoying.

At the same time, my cat seems to have developed glaucoma. If the meds the vet prescribed don't do anything then he'll have to remove the eye. Now this cat has been my girlfriends' cat since childhood (he's pretty old) and is what she focused her affection on growing up in an abuse household leading her to be extremely overattached to it... this is going to suck.

Sprained my shoulder and can barely move my neck and arm without pain shooting from my neck through my back. Makes everything very annoying.

At the same time, my cat seems to have developed glaucoma. If the meds the vet prescribed don't do anything then he'll have to remove the eye. Now this cat has been my girlfriends' cat since childhood (he's pretty old) and is what she focused her affection on growing up in an abuse household leading her to be extremely overattached to it... this is going to suck.

Ouch that sounds painful,  :blink: How did you sprain your shoulder ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Something similar happened to me a couple of days ago, but with upper trapezius / neck. Couldn't lift my arm or shrug my shoulder without experiencing severe pain. Flexing, rotating and moving my arm carefully in the hot shower untangled the mess. The same day I could go bench pressing without any problems. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Dreamed a friend was dead, hm.

Now to make it a reality....

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to focus on work today, but somebody is playing bagpipes outside and now i feel like going out and conquering something =]

Maybe it's just because its spring, who knows.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I read the PoE General Discussion forums throughout the day. Good entertainment if you like internet drama.

What kind of drama is going on?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Obviously I'm framing it to my own interpretations:

1) Why do reviewers and streamers get to play before backers? Obsidian doesn't care about us.

2) Why can steam preorder customers preload before backers? Obsidian doesn't respect us and so therefore I will badmouth Obsidian to everyone.

3) Physical goods and update 89-91. Why does Obsidian hate the international community?

4) We are badmouthing Obsidian. Why can't they bother to communicate with us and answer my loaded questions? Why, Why Why??

• Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Just took a minute of time to think about this...

... Damn, I didn't expected that I really don't care about any of this. Is it because I am getting older and such things simply don't bother me anymore? I feel disconnected to any recent internet drama.

Please someone explain.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There's also the people saying backers should get early release AKA we should play now while others wait and Obsidian is a **** for making us wait this last day.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Yeah, it strikes me as odd too.

Me I'm just happy we're going to have Obsidian around given the stark tale of the documentary snippets, much less the game (which I will also be happy to play whenever it is that I play it).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70877-and-now-a-sneek-peek-at-the-making-of-poe-documentary/

The sneak peak at the Making of POE Documentary.

EDIT: It portray's Obsidian's situation as pretty grimly at the time of the kickstarter.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

By the way, wasn't there something about a Making of for Wasteland 2 as well? I don't think I have seen anything else of it than one short video years ago.

And the thing is, the complainers are thinking that they are speaking for the community and that Obsidian should give US more special treatment.

I don't see any long time posters or regulars making the same claims.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Obviously I'm framing it to my own interpretations:

1) Why do reviewers and streamers get to play before backers? Obsidian doesn't care about us.

2) Why can steam preorder customers preload before backers? Obsidian doesn't respect us and so therefore I will badmouth Obsidian to everyone.

3) Physical goods and update 89-91. Why does Obsidian hate the international community?

4) We are badmouthing Obsidian. Why can't they bother to communicate with us and answer my loaded questions? Why, Why Why??

Sounds like nothing's changed there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So that's why more than 2000 people online.

They're certainly not here to listen to my cat tales.

Speaking of which, Mr. Black did this REALLY cute thing the other day and ....

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts