What you did today

Blarghagh

Don't you have some type of governmental food inspection agencies, and maximum legal concentrations of toxic substances in food? Maybe you should alert them to this.

FDA is supposed to handle that.

Certain products slipping through the cracks isn't unheard of, though. And "acceptable" thresholds for contaminants in foods are also questionable, such as heavy metals in fish, which being liposoluble, accumulate in the body without remedy.

The more the environment is poisoned, the harder it'll be to avoid stuff like that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I stopped eating canned tuna a long time ago because of that. I mean, once in a great while, but I used to eat tuna for lunch quite often as a kid/teen. But I guess I didn't like it enough to keep on eating it despite myself (like I do with too much beef, haha), so now I don't. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was supposed to clean house today, all the things my housekeeper usually does, if I had one, but I don't want to, so I'm not showing up for duty. It's not that bad anyway, and other excuses. Plus this Newcastle won't drink itself. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Yeah, the millions who die from heavy lead and arsenic every year is the untold story.  If only we spent more money, we'd live forever.  Okay, okay, if I can toss out a bomb, I can take the flames.  ...And I've demonstrated that I can take them without holding it against you.  :Cant's wry grin icon:

Anyhow, we celebrated my wife's birthday with her family today.  He used to have a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue in his cupboard (in his garage, which means a huge swing of temperature between night and day/summer and fall), but all he's had for a while is Glenlivet 12 year (Which I myself replenish).  I Know some folks still turn their nose up at a blended, but I'd take the blue blended over the Glenlivet single malt any day, and not just because it's more expensive.  ...But, hey, scotch is scotch, so I had a splash in my coffee.  Usually with water or on ice, but it's way too hot coming out of Mr. Doofus' cupboard to drink straight up.

• Like 4

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I Know some folks still turn their nose up at a blended, but I'd take the blue blended over the Glenlivet single malt any day, and not just because it's more expensive.

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My mom called me and told me being in a relationship is all about feigning interest in things your partner likes that bore the hell out of you, and thus advised me to date this girl I have jack all in common with. (when I say jack all in common with, I mean this girl loves dancing at clubs and I have one leg. We go to a club together and I spend the night at the bar chatting and she spends it on the dance floor not speaking a word with anyone cuz music too loud)

I'm thinking about writing a book about terrible advice my mom has given me.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

If that is your only example of your differences, you don't have much of a leg to stand on.  *tsk*

My wife is a former professional dancer.  When she manages to drag me out, I sit at the bar making friends while she gets on the dance floor.  It isn't really a big deal.  She goes home with me.

We have a number of differences.  In a lot of ways, that keeps the relationship interesting.  

• Like 1

Babies are funny sometimes.  The little guy can crawl (and he uses anything higher than 4 inches off the ground to assist in standing up), but he doesn't like to leave toys behind when he wants to go somewhere else.  Some toys work well held in a hand while crawling, and other do not.  The inability to be both in the place he wants to be and with the toys he wants to have sometimes leads to sudden crying, but he is usually pretty easily distracted, so it doesn't last long. 

The most entertaining outcome of this lately is how he plays with his plastic cups.  They're just simple multicolored plastic cups (I think they're from Ikea) that stack together.  The youngin' likes to pick up two of them and bang them together, or into other toys/furniture/floors/parents.  He has figured out how to bring them with him when he wants to be somewhere else-- he can hold them while he crawls by holding one in each hand, upside-down with his palm on the bottom, and putting his weight on them.  This cracks me up, as it makes him look like he's mimicking an AT-AT (and is about as stable). 

• Like 1

If that is your only example of your differences, you don't have much of a leg to stand on.  *tsk*

Nah of course I have plenty more, it's just I'm not gonna bore you guys by listing off difference between me and some random girl. Was pure example. And building off that example, I'm sure it works for you and your wife cause you can respect your differences in that regard, whereas in my case this girl would tell me I'm living "wrong" and need to appreciate dancing more.

And the point again was why the hell does my mom consider it good advice to lie to your partner and pretend to like things they like even if you hate it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Anyhow, we celebrated my wife's birthday with her family today.  He used to have a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue in his cupboard (in his garage, which means a huge swing of temperature between night and day/summer and fall), but all he's had for a while is Glenlivet 12 year (Which I myself replenish).

OK, I know I'm going to get burned for asking, but... who is "he"? You're talking about your wife... or are you referring to yourself in the third person now like Julius Caesar? :unsure:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I assume it is her dad.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I meant her dad. On the other hand, my wife *does* wear the pants in our family.

Well, the idea that you sneak out to offer some of your secret stash to yourself when the in-laws come to visit is much less boring, so I'm going to pretend in my head that's what you meant.

Cantousent: "Ah, I figured I'd find you out here, old rascal"

Cantousent: "So you've found me out. Can I trust you to keep a secret? The roof doesn't really need fixing."

Cantousent: "Keep talking."

Cantousent: "I can't believe my luck! I just found this 12 year single malt lying around!"

Cantousent: "Yeah, I don't believe it either. Well, it ain't no Double Black, but start pouring..."

Cantousent: "I knew you were a good sort."

• Like 3

I was very drunk last night. And well into this morning truth be told. After 6 hours sleep... well still feel like crap.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was very drunk last night. And well into this morning truth be told. After 6 hours sleep... well still feel like crap.

Pff, alcohol rookies. A proud alcoholic who knows his sh!t drinks water and eats between his drinks, and he never forgets to guzzle tons of water before going to bed. This way you can be drunk every single day and actually enjoy it. 

What I'm doing: biceps and back day. Pull ups is one of the exercises I like the least, I've been doing them forever and still not enjoy them. That exercise totally favors smaller people.  

Also I've been looking for thin all-season leather gloves but those are hard to find, I only seem to find winter gloves. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Also I've been looking for thin all-season leather gloves but those are hard to find, I only seem to find winter gloves. 

Online stores that sell motorcycling gear have a lot of variety. There's bound to be something you like. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Online stores that sell motorcycling gear have a lot of variety. There's bound to be something you like. 

I've been looking in online motorcycle shops but they only sell protective ones, army shops sell only clumsy security gloves and all the other usual suspects of online shops have only winter gloves. 

I want those that are so short they barely go up to the wrist and so thin that they feel like a second skin which allows me to operate small controls of cameras, phones, small tools etc.

Edited by Woldan

Pff, alcohol rookies. A proud alcoholic who knows his sh!t drinks water and eats between his drinks, and he never forgets to guzzle tons of water before going to bed. This way you can be drunk every single day and actually enjoy it. 

Rookie huh? Young man I assure you I had dropped more empty bottles in the trash than you will in a lifetime before you were old enough to bench press a plastic rattle toy! :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Rookie huh? Young man I assure you I had dropped more empty bottles in the trash than you will in a lifetime before you were old enough to bench press a plastic rattle toy! :lol:

I had no idea you were a trash collector! Is it a secure job? 

• Like 2

I've been looking in online motorcycle shops but they only sell protective ones, army shops sell only clumsy security gloves and all the other usual suspects of online shops have only winter gloves. 

I want those that are so short they barely go up to the wrist and so thin that they feel like a second skin which allows me to operate small controls of cameras, phones, small tools etc.

I hear OJ was fond of Isotoners

My first thoughts were (American) football and driving/racing gloves

Free games updated 3/4/21

I had no idea you were a trash collector! Is it a secure job? 

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

My first thoughts were (American) football and driving/racing gloves

They would work if they fit my secondary requirement which is a fashionable / unremarkable look, racing gloves and football gloves don't really fit my every day leather jacket and cargo pants combo.  ;) These would be what I'm looking for but I'd have to find a store which sells overseas since I can't find them on this side of the pond.

Edited by Woldan