What you did today

Blarghagh

You going anywhere?

Considering that or throwing a party.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Spring Break starts now.

Spring break here too.

Which mostly means I can find a parking place at work close to the building this week.  Huzzah!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Is Corpus Christi still the hot spot for spring break in Texas?

Yeah, but its packed with tourists.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I took the advice of the kinesiologist today and changed up my routine.  She has me doing heavier reps and fewer of them.  I was worried that my form was wrong, but I was actually doing all of them right with a couple of minor tweaks, like rolling my wrist a little on the lat pulldown, etc.  I use freeweights twice a week at home and the machines twice a week at the gym.  My Canadian personal trainer buddy suggested that instead of doing a long hike in the morning on gym days, I do one before and one after.  Something to do with 'tissues' or whatnot.  Ugh, but am I beat right now.

Also, speaking of Canadian friends, the wife went to the post office to renew her passport for our trip this summer to Canada.  I'm tremendously excited about that!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Is Corpus Christi still the hot spot for spring break in Texas?

Yeah, but its packed with tourists.

:lol:  That's what spring breakers are!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually, I'm doing more altogether.  I was doing two sets of twelve.  Now, she has me doing three sets of ten.  ...But I think it's easier to do three sets of ten than two sets of twelve because I find the burn is at the end of the set.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Since you have lowered your reps have you increased the weight? 10 is a great universal number for reps to keep in good overall shape. Its right in the middle of building muscle plus strengthening bones and building endurance. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Yeah, I don't want to boggart this thread talking about the weights, but I did up the amount for each one, some of them substantially.

Obsidian Plays

My care package full of movies and tea and chocolate and two bottles of mead for my ‘it’s complicated’ got to her place tonight, she is trying to figure out Masters programs this week and is stressed so I thought I would cheer her up since I'll not make it up to see her, and she loved it so that’s good. We've been going on for over three months now I think we’re doing well. I hope. :ermm:

• Like 2

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I seem to have a lingering shoulder issue. When I rotate one arm into certain positions I just get shooting pains through my shoulder and upper arm. For the past few months I haven't been able to use that arm to scratch the small of my back because of it. Which can be somewhat annoying.

I thought it might just be a slight tendon thing so I've been going easy on it, but it hasn't seemed to have cleared up yet.

Sorting out a few plans, travelling up to London over the weekend, then back for mom's chemo session on Monday.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My care package full of movies and tea and chocolate and two bottles of mead for my ‘it’s complicated’ got to her place tonight, she is trying to figure out Masters programs this week and is stressed so I thought I would cheer her up since I'll not make it up to see her, and she loved it so that’s good. We've been going on for over three months now I think we’re doing well. I hope. :ermm:

Whoa, where the heck have you been?  Good to see you.  :p

Yeah no kidding. Good to see you back DN. Wow, first Taks, then Cant, now Deadly Nightshade. This place is starting to class up again.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I practiced rifle shooting from the prone (unsupported) position with rapid target acquisition at various distances and rapid loading and scope adjustment drills. Sounds relatively easy but I can assure you that after half an hour when you are getting a sore neck it becomes exhausting.

Damn, just realised that I'm getting on the tube to Holloway tomorrow.. which is a stop short of Arsenal. And of course, there's a bloody Arsenal / West Ham game isn't there? It's going to be sodding packed with football supporters. :banghead:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Get there early or go to a stop further away and walk to your destination?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My fridge is making nosies like a dieing cat.

Paranoia level: 2000%

ours were making an extreme high-pitched noise last night, just at the sorta top end o' what we could audible hear.  it were quite distracting and it went on for more then an hour.  'course, like so many problems in life, we made pretend that it weren't a real problem and hoped it would go away.  this morning the fridge were making no noise, or our hearing has gotten worse... which at our age is actual possible.

am gonna continue to pretend that there isn't an actual problem until rotting food juice starts puddling on the floor, or until we grow-up a bit.  is not hard to guess which is more likely.

is strange 'cause if we had a tenant with the same issue, we would be mighty displeased if they didn't bother to inform the property manager until the problem were critical.  nevertheless, we is doing the same darn thing... and is not like we can't afford to have a repairman check it out.  we live kinda remote, and we know the repair guys charge us the cost o' a smallish flat-screen tv just to drive out to our place.  so, we is gonna be irresponsible and wait... and get mad-as-hell the next time one o' our tenants does the same.  

life ain't fair.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Called a friend, then the connection got worse because he was hiking somewhere in the mountains. Suddenly the connection broke down completely and I heard someone speak really fast and loud, like 6 times faster than normal, for 40 seconds or so. I could not understand anything but it really sounded like words. One of the strangest phone interferences I've ever had, it instantly reminded my of the movie ''Mothman Prophecies'' because it sounded exactly like the creepy calls the protagonist received.  :w00t:

Edited by Woldan

Usual assortment of errands today, shame too is a nice rainy and wet day and I wanted to walk in it - might only get that chance when it's night though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra