What you did today

Tale

My parents (mom mostly since that's who I lived with as my parents were not married) and family in general were terrible alcoholics. My mom finally got sober after a particularly embarrassing event which I won't discuss here but suffice to say I had no desire to drink for a very, very long time. It was only after I moved to NYC and we would go out on the company's dollar that I started drinking regularly.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I waited until I was almost 21 before I had my first drink.  I still drink pretty infrequently, it is rare to have anything during the week, but I've come to appreciate the way different alcohols can compliment food.  There are some meals that simply shine when paired with the right drink.  

I'm also fascinated by the whole brewing process, and I love trying to pick out the different flavors and aromas that go into well crafted beers.  It can also be plenty relaxing.

Oh, and apparently drinking red wine is like exercising, so drink up.  :)

No problem, was posting more or less facetious, as always, not meant to conjure reality and lobster and cigarettes. 

I have easily misplaced any tethered shred of shame in having used liquid courage to be able to talk to that one super mega ultra female. The alternative can be and once was a train wreck of stilted silence that I played later as social anxiety, which is true. Sure it's funny and adorable now, but at the time ... tools, if they work for you, use them.   

All Stop. On Screen.

Good God, Cal, that sounds like an experience!  Was there any particular reason for your sudden illness?  :shudders:

I assume it's just the 24 hour flu.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ish my birthday. Not celebrating it until a week or two though, crunch time sucks.

Happy Bday TN  :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Happy birthday TN. Just because the celebration gets delayed, doesn't mean it shouldn't be fun. Just make sure it's fun enough without being TOO fun. :shifty:

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ish my birthday. Not celebrating it until a week or two though, crunch time sucks.

Wel gefeliciteerd, wel gefeliciteerd, wel ge-fe-li-ci-flapsteert, wel gefeliciteerd. :p

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I'm unloading bulky firewood briquettes and I'm laughing at those who say strength training is useless while I'm carrying 11 10kg (with height of the packs making the limit)  packs in one turn without breaking a sweat and more importantly without injuring myself. My friends struggle with 4 packs at once and complain about back pain. Strength is useful.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

It is the second day of my ten days vacation (didn't got any vacation since september last year) and guess what... I am so bored, I am getting super depressed. What is this madness? There had been so many things I wanted to do, but now... I don't feel motivated for anything at all. Meh.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It is the second day of my ten days vacation (didn't got any vacation since september last year) and guess what... I am so bored, I am getting super depressed. What is this madness? There had been so many things I wanted to do, but now... I don't feel motivated for anything at all. Meh.

I've been fighting that a bit with the impending release of Pillars of Eternity.  I'm unhappy with everything else because I know it is just around the corner.

Have anyone you can sort of utilize as external motivation to go do something - friend, family member, victim, etc? It is rather annoying to have free time then have nothing in mind to do (it is fun to tease people without that luxury though :lol:)

Another resignation at work, shame too, the guy that left was pretty stand up in terms of criticizing areas the company was weak in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got a $400 bill for some work on the RV.   :getlost:

It's actually pretty reasonable for all the work.  I got an oil change for the engine and the generator, they serviced the AC, replaced one of the vents that had fallen apart, resealed some spots on the roof, and then installed a disconnect switch for the engine battery.  But now it should be ready for summer adventures.  :)

Been training a buddy who is completely out of shape and not the youngest person anymore, a few weeks ago I thought she was a hopeless case, she can neither do a push up nor a single crunch not to mention pull up which requires very special exercises. But now she is starting to get better rapidity and today was really promising. There might be hope afterall. 

Edited by Woldan

There's always hope. Don't give up on us geezers. I literally had someone explain to me that I couldn't do what I planned and to lower my plans and expectations.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm just waiting for a pill to do all the hard work for me

What I'm actually doing today is working and planning my wife's birthday party. I got reservations made and now am looking for the best deal on a purse. Living the dream.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Sense of achievement is half the fun, I would not take such wonder drug if it existed even if it was free of side effects. Its like that self aiming gun - Boooring. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Its probably diabetes, my cat got it from the cat food when he was 19 and the first signs were weight loss and fatigue. Kidneys failure and diabetes are extremely common problems with old cats. With heavy medication my cat lived two more years with severe diabetes and kidney failure, the last two months before I put him to sleep were...not pretty. 

Edited by Woldan

That's a bummer, Gftd.  11 years isn't all that old for a cat.  I had to have one of our cats put down not long ago because of severe kidney failure.  She'd gone blind and all sorts of stuff.  It was terrible.

As for spending, I spent $2.97 today on deli pickles, which I am now eating.  :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The Biggest Loser makes it pretty clear that just about anybody can get fit if they put the time and energy in.

There's actually a fun few articles and editorials out about the Biggest Loser. Several of the contestants have come forward to talk about how bad it is. The bullying, the lack of care about healthy exercise and proper nutrition through it, and the serious amount of ill-health they've suffered as a result of achieving weight loss through the show. it's actually interesting how many have also ended up re-gaining weight due to stress and not being able to keep up some form of steady exercise post-show. But apparently they're under some seriously heavy NDA's which most won't break for fear of legal bullying.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I went to Nashville for a job interview today. It went well I think and I'm expecting an offer. It would have to be a hell of an offer because we'd have to move.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Happy Birthday TN

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell