What you did today

Tale

Spent a nice early spring day in the garden catching some sun rays and digging a new vegetable patch. I also found some leftover parsnips from last summer, since they're now two years old they'll flower in a couple of months and that means harvesting seeds.

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm considering selling my PS4 and getting either an xbon3 or a Wii-U. Reason being is that I just don't play much on it other than Madden because I really don't care much for the game selection and my wife wants more motion and party type games.

Other than that went shopping for dog food and treats and then stopped by our favorite Italian place for dinner

Free games updated 3/4/21

My favorite Italian food was my dad's.  My adoptive father was Italian, God rest his soul.  He made the best damned food.  Not just Italian, but his homemade pizza was my favorite.  I try to make it, and it tastes by and large the same, but it just lacks that... something.  Folks enjoy it, but it's a dim shade of dad's pizza.  On the other hand, I experiment more than he did.  I make Mexican pizza, bulgogi pizza, and Buffalo chicken pizza.

Today the wife was sick, so I made chicken, potato, and broccoli soup for dinner.  When I started eating better, she did too since I do all the cooking.  heh She actually lost weight during the holidays.  Now, she's been bit by the fitness bug and she's works out regularly too.  It is, frankly, a battle.  She likes the results.  She wants my help.  ...But she hates exercising and so she gripes the whole time.  lol

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My favorite Italian food was my dad's.  My adoptive father was Italian, God rest his soul.  He made the best damned food.  Not just Italian, but his homemade pizza was my favorite.  I try to make it, and it tastes by and large the same, but it just lacks that... something.  Folks enjoy it, but it's a dim shade of dad's pizza.  On the other hand, I experiment more than he did.  I make Mexican pizza, bulgogi pizza, and Buffalo chicken pizza.

Today the wife was sick, so I made chicken, potato, and broccoli soup for dinner.  When I started eating better, she did too since I do all the cooking.  heh She actually lost weight during the holidays.  Now, she's been bit by the fitness bug and she's works out regularly too.  It is, frankly, a battle.  She likes the results.  She wants my help.  ...But she hates exercising and so she gripes the whole time.  lol

Nice post, well I'm confidant if there is anyone who has the patience and fortitude to help your wife complete her fitness program is it you, so keep up the good work because it obviously  wont always be easy  :geek:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just received my rifle stock from the US, I'm definitely not one of those mindless US bashing bandwagon jumper drones but I have to say every time I get parts manufactured there I'm less impressed of their quality.

This case is no exception, even though the manufacturer is known for quality the stock has a nasty white imperfection at the rear at a super visible spot, the colors are completely off with the red part being screaming pink, the inletting leaves much to be desired for for a stock labeled as finished ''drop in'', the holes for the screws are all drilled way too small in diameter and a little off too, they would need to be re-drilled. Which I'm not going to do since I'm not going to start using low quality components. 

And thats just the tip of the iceberg, many friends of mine who own rifles manufactured (AND assembled) in the US (like Remington) complain about the ever decreasing quality, tool marks, rough fit-and finish and that kind of thing. I've shot many guns made in the US and I agree with their complaints. Coincidently prices for used US manufactured arms from the 70's have gone up dramatically and are worth at least 30-50% more than newly manufactured ones of the same type. This is not a global phenomena however, even with outsourcing to eastern Europe most traditional European arms manufacturers manage to keep their product quality from dropping.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.