RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

The Bard’s Tale 4 announced by inXile.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/24/the-bards-tale-4-announced-by-inxile-entertainment-at-pax-south/

Another Kickstarter campaign by Fargo.

That's pretty cool.  I'm assuming it will be a for realsies Bard's Tale rather than the parody game they released a while back (which I kinda liked), right?

As for Dying Light, I have to admit this game has me kinda interested after watching some Let's Play videos despite the fact that I'm pretty burned out on zombies.  It looks like it might be Dead Island minus the crap that eventually made me hate Dead Island.  Plus the whole idea of having to scramble to a safe house before it gets dark or you're totally ****ed seems like it will add much needed tension to the game.  I'll be interested to hear how this game does once it releases in a few days.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Never played any of the original Bard's Tales and couldnt really get into the 2004 remake.

Wasteland 2 is decent enough but I got bored with it. What makes it Kickstarter worthy for someone like me?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Never played any of the original Bard's Tales and couldnt really get into the 2004 remake.

Wasteland 2 is decent enough but I got bored with it. What makes it Kickstarter worthy for someone like me?

Charity is tax deductible?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Bard’s Tale 4 announced by inXile.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/24/the-bards-tale-4-announced-by-inxile-entertainment-at-pax-south/

Another Kickstarter campaign by Fargo.

That's pretty cool.  I'm assuming it will be a for realsies Bard's Tale rather than the parody game they released a while back (which I kinda liked), right?

As for Dying Light, I have to admit this game has me kinda interested after watching some Let's Play videos despite the fact that I'm pretty burned out on zombies.  It looks like it might be Dead Island minus the crap that eventually made me hate Dead Island.  Plus the whole idea of having to scramble to a safe house before it gets dark or you're totally ****ed seems like it will add much needed tension to the game.  I'll be interested to hear how this game does once it releases in a few days.

I agree, I am also suffering from a certain degree of "zombie killing fatigue " 

But Dying Light seems to be attempting to shake up the genre nicely 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If you were a PSN user during the period of the attacks in 2011, you're eligible for a part of a class action settlement.

There is a proposed settlement with Sony Network Entertainment International LLC ("SNE"), Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC ("SCEA"), and Sony Online Entertainment LLC ("SOE") in a class action lawsuit about the illegal and unauthorized attacks in April 2011 on the computer network systems used to provide the Sony PlayStation Network, Qriocity, and SOE services (the "Intrusions").

Accountholders can get benefits if they had a PlayStation Network ("PSN") account, a Qriocity account, or an SOE account at any time before May 15, 2011.

The proposed settlement offers payments equal to credit balances (if applicable credit balance is $2.00 or more) in inactive accounts, game and online service benefits for holders of active accounts, and reimbursements for certain out-of-pocket expenses from any identity theft proven to have resulted from the Intrusions.

https://psnsoesettlement.com/

I wasn't a PSN user back then, but I got an email informing me I'm getting an additional month of PSN+ because of the outages around Christmas time.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

*looks up Witcher 3's system requirements*

...finally! Soon I'll have my excuse/s to build a new computer. Not that I couldn't run that game. Just wouldn't be very high settings/fps. But I think 6-7 years is probably getting on long enough for a rig. Next fall/winter...yesss, precious.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

you lucky people, you can afford new parts. here, my current CPU costs more than what I bought it for 3 years ago, that's just ridiculous...

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Going to get Wicher and then decide if I need to upgrade. Not upgrading so I can play one specific game at the expense of waiting for a more oppertune time. That would be silly. 

Yeah, that's definitely sensible and what I'd normally do. I'm not actually interested in the game itself. I just want a new shiny and it's been forever since I felt like I had any justification for it. Thanks, next-gen consoles. Or whatever.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ArenaNet announced the long-awaited expansion for Guild Wars 2 at PAX South. Entitled Heart of Thorns, it brings a lot of upgrades and new content:

The new class, Revenant, surprised me, their publicized design philosophy was "we cover every playstyle with our 8 classes, adding new classes is a pain in the ass, lesson learned in GW1".

Class specializations were another surprise. GW1 had multi-classing, everyone had a primary and a secondary. This was ditched early into GW2's design process, too many complications. Now they're bringing it back in a limited format, similar to the prestige class system of DnD3. Interesting.

Yet another surprise is the addition of gliders and gliding. They were adamant about "no mounts", which meant no flying mounts either, now they're giving players the means of limited flight. You can't get higher than you can normally get by jumping and climbing, but after climbing high now you can soar above the maps, and enjoy looking at GW2's beautiful sights from a different angle. Cool.

cursed7.jpg

In keeping with one of their old design tenets, inherited from GW1, the expansion does not increase the level cap and does not bring in new item tiers or rarity, only new skins. :banana:  It's one of the reasons why I'm such a diehard ArenaNet fan.

To celebrate the announcement, they dropped the price of the game by 75% for two days. Guild Wars 2 is buy-to-play, no subs,  its microtransactions are only cosmetic and convenience, and its dearth of content is well worth the $10 price they're asking now.

• Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Extra: Here's the panel video. The reason I'm linking it is because the event was hosted by Jennifer Hale, the voice of Queen Jennah (GW2), FemShep (Mass Effect), Leah (Diablo 3) and many, many other characters. This is the first time I've seen her in flesh. :)

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

The problem is that game never suffered from graphics age, it just lacked new content. I played it a **** ton in multiplayer. I guess if they make a dedicated multiplayer server they can make some decent money.

Man I still remember camping in deathmatches and rushing 12 capitals, only bad thing is that people usually just surrendered when they saw what I had.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Losing proposition to go directly for destoyers and battlecruisers unless you have teammates watching your ass. FFA is a crapshoot though, you can get away with anything if the circumstances permit it. 

In HW2 i used to demoralise cap rushers by targeting the research modules and make them rage quit. Cap rushers are on a very tight timetable and can't afford any  distractions. IF they are the first to pump out a destroyer near an enemy MS, it's usually over though. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Losing proposition to go directly for destoyers and battlecruisers unless you have teammates watching your ass. FFA is a crapshoot though, you can get away with anything if the circumstances permit it. 

In HW2 i used to demoralise cap rushers by targeting the research modules and make them rage quit. Cap rushers are on a very tight timetable and can't afford any  distractions. IF they are the first to pump out a destroyer near an enemy MS, it's usually over though. 

I had that ****, down to a second. In 1v1 the point is making them think that you are not rushing or you spam fighters and harass his mothership. In FFA it's easy as pie, you just pull out to the rim and let them fight amongst them self.

To this day I regret not recording a match I had against a fellow rusher. Can you imagine a fight between max unit cap fleets, it was glorious. The best thing was, by the time we killed each other we had a fleet of similar size ready for another battle. I think I won in the end because he came at me from below and I managed to turn my capitals in time. The debree field from the battle was so big. Maaaan, I'm really looking forward to this.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

If you were a PSN user during the period of the attacks in 2011, you're eligible for a part of a class action settlement.

There is a proposed settlement with Sony Network Entertainment International LLC ("SNE"), Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC ("SCEA"), and Sony Online Entertainment LLC ("SOE") in a class action lawsuit about the illegal and unauthorized attacks in April 2011 on the computer network systems used to provide the Sony PlayStation Network, Qriocity, and SOE services (the "Intrusions").

Accountholders can get benefits if they had a PlayStation Network ("PSN") account, a Qriocity account, or an SOE account at any time before May 15, 2011.

The proposed settlement offers payments equal to credit balances (if applicable credit balance is $2.00 or more) in inactive accounts, game and online service benefits for holders of active accounts, and reimbursements for certain out-of-pocket expenses from any identity theft proven to have resulted from the Intrusions.

https://psnsoesettlement.com/

I got a month of PSN+ ( before i even started using it) for every account i had plus free games, so as far as i'm concerned i got enough back then. I don't really see any reason to partake in this.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

So there's a rumor that Gearbox is going to maybe mention some Borderlands 3 news at Pax today. Anyone heard anything more about that yet?

a lot of my friends believe there will never be a Borderlands 3 game, actually, because of how BL2 ends. they think Gearbox will go straight to a quasi-MMO game in the BL universe 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.