Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

My wacky conspiracy theory thinking goes something like this, again, keep in mind this is wild conjecture based on nothing more than gut feeling and I'm operating on less than ideal amount of sleep at this moment:

SJWs realize their current plan of attack in not working and get more desperate as advertisers abandon their indoctrinated sites.  They decide to hit us "where it hurts" since just smearing GamerGate in the mainstream media isn't working.  Felicia Day is supposedly beloved by gamers, or something like that, so they stage an ordeal with her.  They pressure her (or she does it willingly) to put out the piece she put out about being fearful and whatnot.  The next day she gets "doxxed" while that piece is still fresh in everyone's mind.  The info released on her is information that's been publicly available with even a small bit of digging, so she essentially "loses" nothing, but this "proves" a point about GamerGaters being willing to attack anyone, even someone "beloved" by gamers.  The hope is that this outrages gamers enough to shut this down since now people they care about are getting hurt.

Does that make any sense or am I simply reading too much into this and my messed up conspiracy theory mind is connecting imaginary dots?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My wacky conspiracy theory thinking goes something like this, again, keep in mind this is wild conjecture based on nothing more than gut feeling and I'm operating on less than ideal amount of sleep at this moment:

SJWs realize their current plan of attack in not working and get more desperate as advertisers abandon their indoctrinated sites.  They decide to hit us "where it hurts" since just smearing GamerGate in the mainstream media isn't working.  Felicia Day is supposedly beloved by gamers, or something like that, so they stage an ordeal with her.  They pressure her (or she does it willingly) to put out the piece she put out about being fearful and whatnot.  The next day she gets "doxxed" while that piece is still fresh in everyone's mind.  The info released on her is information that's been publicly available with even a small bit of digging, so she essentially "loses" nothing, but this "proves" a point about GamerGaters being willing to attack anyone, even someone "beloved" by gamers.  The hope is that this outrages gamers enough to shut this down since now people they care about are getting hurt.

Does that make any sense or am I simply reading too much into this and my messed up conspiracy theory mind is connecting imaginary dots?

I doubt your story. Likely it was some douche who knew her information was already online; so he posted it to make a point. It was a douche move by a douche. That's the theory I'm going with.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I doubt your story. Likely it was some douche you knew her information was already online; so he posted it to make a point. It was a douche move by a douche. That's the theory I'm going with.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

This whole Felicia Day thing smells a bit fishy, a little too convenient.  That's probably my conspiracy theory brain connecting imaginary points together, though, so grain of salt, and all that.

Actually if it is the "doxxing" that I witnessed, then it was an idiot who decided to prove that the information was publicly available and posted it.

So it was sheer idiocy. Occam's razor wins again.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

B0o_FPc0_CQAIvqt_B_jpg_large.jpg

It's pretty funny.

I'm ashamed to admit it took me a while to realize what was so funny.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Predictably GamersGate is getting harassed. The hilarity.

Good publicity for them.

It seem that Felicia's concerns getting doxxed weren't unfounded.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/23/felicia-days-public-details-online-gamergate

Aw. What an awful life getting to play with all of the latest expensive digital entertainment and all the new shiny 60-dollar-a-pop gaming experiences. Poor victims. If you tried to form an actual identity outside of gaming, instead of letting digital entertainment form your identity, you might see something outside of you nonsensical victim complex.

If you feel you're being marginalised for playing video-games you're either.

a) Still a school kid.
b) Are a grown up and hanging out with the wrong crowds.
c) Mistakenly applying your marginalisation to the fact that you play video-games and thus missing some wider reason.
d) Don't really understand what marginalisation is in your cozy little mod-con decked out bedroom.

Sounds like my mum.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Are people going to finally admit that feminists and SJWs are sexist racist nazi pigs who believe in slavery, think men are just rapists and women are weak, pathetic, child like, and need to be handled with kid gloves? Feminism is evil to the core.

#SupportEqualismIfYouAreAGoodPerson

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are people going to finally admit that feminists and SJWs are sexist racist nazi pigs who believe in slavery, think men are just rapists and women are weak, pathetic, child like, and need to be handled with kid gloves? Feminism is evil to the core.

I think that evaluation is a little harsh.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Is along the same vein of strategy that the opposition uses, claim the high moral ground and shame everyone into compliance.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is along the same vein of strategy that the opposition uses, claim the high moral ground and shame everyone into compliance.

Yeah well, I don't like them. So I don't want to adopt their attitude.

• Like 2

I, for one, do really enjoy this ride. The more mainstream media cries about misogyny, the movement gains and finds more corruption. The gaming media freaks out more and reaches again to the mainstream media, all while the GG'ers keep on grinding. 

It's the perfect feedback loop. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Daaawwwwwww

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

**** the drama. Go diversity.

http://diversi.nu/petition/

But are they pro-corruption?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Good publicity for them.

Not really, they were getting consistently (though incompetently) DDOSed such that some people could not access the site for some time, and that will have cost them money.

Good publicity for them.

Not really, they were getting consistently (though incompetently) DDOSed such that some people could not access the site for some time, and that will have cost them money.

I imagine it's worse than that.

Their whole brand might be irrevocably damaged.

I wouldn't be surprised if they shut-down or rename before gamergate does.

http://i.imgur.com/xrZhBTn.png

Crowdfunded game with lots of support and backers just released, the lead developer is GG. Big surprise, websites like Polygon and Kotaku don't mention it's release.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Maybe they just suck, rather than being malicious

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe they just suck, rather than being malicious

They seemed keen to talk about it when they tried to include(force) PoC on it.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif