Drama in indy gaming and games journalism

Gorth

Video gamers stop your dreaming, can't you hear their outraged squealing.

See their fascist agenda streaming, to this battlefield.

From the threads resounding, let the call be sounding.

Summon all at Sommer's call, the SJF's surrounding.

Video gamers on to glory, this shall be your passtimes story.

Keep these burning words before ye, you are all dead.

Sorry, watched Zulu today. "Scrawny bespectacled pencil necks with weird hair, thousands of 'em."

Nonek I may have misunderstood you but  are you suggesting in other comments that you actually aren't  heavily invested from a sympathy and support perspective with GG?

In other words you aren't really on a " side"

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

L0L So control is about masculinty? LMAO Everyone wants control and power. Male or female. It don't matter. People want others to do what they want them to do. 99% of people believe in slavery as long as they are the slaver.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Now wait a minute! She brings up valid points like beating up women is bad and games should not condone violence, issues I had hitherto been thoroughly confused on. 

Video games should do whatever the hell they want.

I disagree.  This is a business, they are trying to sell a product.  They should do whatever their consumers want.  

Indie developers have a lot more leeway, but they still have to think is terms of marketability at some point.  Otherwise making games is just a hobby.

If they want to make make money; then go ahead and do that.

.... what?

.... what?

I'll explain what I meant for those didn't understand what I meant.

Video Game developers should create whatever game they want to create. Whether the focus is to make money or just create something cool should be up to them. Developers don't need SJW's trying to pressure them into creating a game based on the values they are currently promoting.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

xCdKQzm.png

Now i understand why one of the members of the board of DiGRA wishes to explore Myst without puzzles and Doom without guns. Dear lord, these guys are so out of touch with reality.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm so glad this forum seems to be run by saner heads and there isn't heavy censorship or ban-hammering going around (like on many other forums).

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Twitter sure is a gold mine for funny stuff throughout all this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.spectator.co.uk/columnists/james-delingpole/9322382/why-i-love-grand-theft-auto-v-and-the-feminazis-hate-it/

OK, James Delingpole is a polemicist who loves nothing more than getting in the faces of the liberal left (he has his faults - this isn't one of them) but he makes some interesting points as a fresh pair of eyes on this affair.

Some quotes from the piece...

Gaming is the last bastion, the Helm’s Deep of freedom of expression.

So... Rather than getting rid of the infestation of left-wing culture warriors in games journalism, we caused right-wing culture warriors to also start seeing gaming as a battleground for their culture wars?

That's... balance, of a sort, but I think not what most of us were hoping for. :mellow:

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

That's a great article, thanks for sharing.

+1

This may be the best moderate pro-#gamergate leaning article yet.

Thus it nicely complements the articles by Forbes' Erik Kain, who is leaning towards the anti-#gamergate side but also makes an effort to remain fair and reasonable.

PS: Also, I'm going to follow this article's lead and start to drop the term "Social Justice Warriors" in favour of "culture warriors" -- because it is ...wait for it... more inclusive! :grin:

Btw here are my favourite quotes from the article (formatting added):

Critics of GamerGate argue that the revolt is nothing more than a pushback against a ‘broader’ audience. They say it’s anti-diversity, anti-inclusive. Most often, we hear it’s ‘toxic’.

[...]

The problem with this narrative is that it mistakes opposition to culture warriors with opposition to diversity. It mistakes a disdain for ideology with a disdain for inclusivity.

Gamers will always welcome new people and new ideas with open arms. What they will not welcome is a Thompson-like war for cultural hegemony, regardless of whether it comes from the left or the right.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Here is a similar one:

femfreq.png

This is basically the Jack Thompson argument. "Dem shooters are corrupting people".

I just don't get this. Games are fiction, people are aware that what happens in them isn't real. I certainly know that casting Eagle's Splendor before conversing with people isn't how to handle stuff in real life.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Anita is just the 21st Century version of Jack Chick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_T._Chick). Jack had religion, Anita has feminism.

Those evil games are pushing people off the path of righteousness and must be controlled!

Seriously, consider the tactical similarities between SJWs and looney-tune Christian fundies. They are legion.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Did Anita just Tweet that? Sounds like a desperate counter to #GG. Very conspiratorial too with the games will corrupt you angle.

We can also determine from this that there's a Cyrillic-based language where second or minute is pronounced "cent," and that's funny too. It looks like Anita's post is worth 1 cent. Tee hee tee hee

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Can we just make games fun again?

No they are about experiences now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No they are about experiences now.

I'm from the patriarchy and I approve this message.

Games are all about fun atm :( they need to rethink what these negative tropes are doing to the consensus about gender, no modern games portray women as inferior beings and the slaves of men, they're pushing the feminazism to our young. No games let you play as a man running a global secret world controlling organization trying its hardest to undermine women through video games, propaganda, and third world military coups. Most games don't even acknowledge the patriarchy's existance.

That message from Anita is plain old fashion stupid. As someone else has mentioned, that's EXACTLY what Jack Thompson claimed and EVERYONE basically threw him and his opinion in the trash. The same should to her opinion.

Bottom line is violence has gone DOWN since video games have become more popular.

People like her and Jack are all about slavery, power, and control. They are evil to the core.

• Like 4

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.