Drama in indy gaming and games journalism

Gorth

The problem with Twitter, especially, is the instantaneous nature of it. How many of those posters actually know anything about this story. Very few. They just jump on bandwagons.

Outrage first, think never?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Volo I'm extremely disappointed in your post, I always thought you believed in free speech. But it appears you don't.

Its not going to happen but lets say all advertisers  due to pressure from GG do pull out from a website like Gamasutra and they close down (as I said its highly unlikely but lets say it happens)

Basically what you are advocating is because a website doesn't believe what you believe it should be put out of business. This is fascism and hubris  of the worst degree, how are you going to sleep at night knowing you support an organisation (GG) that is so intolerant ? I don't agree with radical feminists but  I don't think there websites should be closed down just because of what they believe

You clearly don't understand the concept of free speech, you're entitled to say whatever you want, you're not entitled to be payed for saying it. If all advertising was cut, the owners went broke, and all SJW game journalism sites died out, there would still be a million essentially free (gotta have an internet connection, and something to type with :( ) sites they could post their views on.

A website can't believe in something, it isn't sentinent, people trying to organize an organized boycott isn't some horrible fascist thing, it's one of the best ways to show strong disapproval in a fair manner, this isn't the state punishing them for their behavior either (like some government fellas wanted to do to Chick fil a), it's free peoples boycotting and encouraging the boycotting of a site that they believes uses its power to project political messages and propaganda that they aren't supposed to project.  There's nothing intolerant about asking people to stop funding stuff, I highly doubt you'd be spouting the same statements if this was a discussion about chick-fil-a. Taken to the extreme the flawed logic you're using ****s all over tons of things I'm guessing you approve of, so I'd advice you reflect on it.

tl:dr

Free speech = Everyone has the right to speak, no one has the right to get payed for speaking, nor to have people not abandon you for the things you've said. Bruce doesn't understand free speech, and owes Volo an apology.

Edited by Shallow
  • Like 1

Championing the consumer, how villainous.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Championing the consumer, how villainous.

How dare Intel remove advertisement from a site where the "editor-at-large" wrote an article that insulted their customers!

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Indeed it seems very much out of fashion to stand up for those whom pay ones wages, and respect them, even though really it is just a sensible measure for anybody wishing to maintain financial viability.

Game journalists might wish to remember this, before they are replaced utterly by Youtube or new sites.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Indeed it seems very much out of fashion to stand up for those whom pay ones wages, and respect them, even though really it is just a sensible measure for anybody wishing to maintain financial viability.

Game journalists might wish to remember this, before they are replaced utterly by Youtube or new sites.

They've already been replaced by YouTube for me. Watching TotalBiscut play Tropico 5 showed me much more about the game than some journalist whining that it didn't take social issues seriously enough.

As it is, gaming journalism can just go **** off. They're corrupt, can't competently convey information, and have become obsolete. Ignore them and let the writers scamper to blog for peanuts.

• Like 2

I must admit, though i'd like a gaming press that is fit for purpose, I have not perused any major sites since since being called dead. Non professional sites, Youtube plays and fellow forumites are just as viable in terms of information i've found.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

As it is, gaming journalism can just go **** off. They're corrupt, can't competently convey information, and have become obsolete. Ignore them and let the writers scamper to blog for peanuts.

I see you have escaped the matrix of video game journalistic statism. 

All Stop. On Screen.

fXTmxHJ.png

Heh.

"If you don't like someone's opinions, don't read them.

....But do keep paying them money to advertise your name while voicing said opinions."

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I have, and now it is my mission to open the eyes of all you blind sheep through YouTube videos!

I have, and now it is my mission to open the eyes of all you blind sheep through YouTube videos!

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well, now all AMD needs to do know is seize this opportunity and name Sarkeesian as their ambassador or something. Sweet SJW money.

That would be the death knell for AMD.

Or, you know, it would barely affect them.  Just like this thing will not really affect Intel.  Because it's silly internet drama and very few people are paying attention to it.

• Like 1

wat the fack was that

I believe that was Razorfist's review of Fallout: New Vegas. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

wat the fack was that

He called it a hard game. :U

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Maybe he was playing with mods? I find NV incomplete without jsawyer's mod.

He called it a hard game. :U

Technically he said that first time players are inclined to die if they stray from town; which is true.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"What's really interesting to me is that I've seen a lot of members of marginalized groups in #gamergate #notyourshield. People of every ethnicity, disability"

IM BEIN WATCHED

and a screenshot that shows the issue perfectly:

IlTG9w2.png

Amazing.

Another screenshot about the same issue:

6cQwqA8.jpg

I just don't understand how these people can still believe gamergate is just small number of white misogynists gamers? There's over million tweets with #GamerGate and over 30000 new tweets daily. At least update your argument to "large number of white misogynist gamers".  

• Like 4

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.