Drama in indy gaming and games journalism

Gorth

Tell me, Bryy, how do we make women want to play Call of Duty or Company of Heroes?

How?

In seven years of playing the CoH franchise and being part of that community I've come across two female players (both, as it happens, extremely good). But two? Out of tens of thousands?

The market is the market. Simple as that. SJWs aren't generally 'market' people. They are academics, writers, public sector / government worthies and other folks not directly involved in making money. And making money is noble.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Bryy: Huh? 

Anyhow, 

http://techraptor.net/2014/10/02/indie-devs-opinion-gamergate-women-gaming/

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Tell me, Bryy, how do we make women want to play Call of Duty or Company of Heroes?

How?

In seven years of playing the CoH franchise and being part of that community I've come across two female players (both, as it happens, extremely good). But two? Out of tens of thousands?

The market is the market. Simple as that. SJWs aren't generally 'market' people. They are academics, writers, public sector / government worthies and other folks not directly involved in making money. And making money is noble.

As stated in the previous video that i linked, those people are not interested in the market. Rather, they are interested in changing the capitalist process all together in gaming. Consumers are the least of their interests.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"BK: How have your interactions been with other women, other developers, etc?

JD: Some women are angry as they feel like I am “Siding with harassment” but I think that’s built on pre-conceived notions about the movement. It also ignores that I receive some pretty nasty harassment from people claiming to be against harassment."

I'm happy more people are coming out of the woodwork to go on the record as industry insiders. I was getting very tired of having no legitimate sources when I see these things unfolding myself.

In other news, trans game dev Devi Ever has come back to support #GamerGate despite having left the internet temporarily after being doxxed and publicly outed. I salute and respect her.

• Like 1

I'm curious whether SJWs are partially responsible for the zombie plague in video games.  I wonder if some developers make the conscious decision to use zombies as the enemies you kill for worry of getting torn apart by the SJW horde when using human targets because the particular humans they chose to use as targets somehow are considered as social commentary.

If they need villains just use the English, we positively enjoy twirling our mustaches and chewing the scenery, and we're far too polite to complain. In our cold, logical and unfeeling hearts the hatred of the rest of the world is the only warmth we'll ever know.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm curious whether SJWs are partially responsible for the zombie plague in video games. I wonder if some developers make the conscious decision to use zombies as the enemies you kill for worry of getting torn apart by the SJW horde when using human targets because the particular humans they chose to use as targets somehow are considered as social commentary.

If they need villains just use the English, we positively enjoy twirling our mustaches and chewing the scenery, and we're far too polite to complain. In our cold, logical and unfeeling hearts the hatred of the rest of the world is the only warmth we'll ever know.

I think we should use Native Americans as villains because they are underrepresented.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Guest Slinky

Planetside 2: Removing the ability to crouch over corspes to prevent "sexually assaulting a corpse". :rolleyes:

image.png

image.jpg

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-anti-teabagging-measures.202892/page-2#post-2950034p

There isn't a facepalm gif powerful enough to express how I feel about that.

Maybe I should start a campaign against SOE to stop other players shooting me as bullets entering my body is clearly a sexual violation against me.

^ No. As an Englishman I resent the idea of a Native American muscling in on our hitherto sacred role as postmodern villains of choice.

Besides I always rooted for the Indians as a kid when watching cowboy movies. Axes and warpaint = cool. Six-shooters and ten-gallon hats = lame.

• Like 5

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm curious whether SJWs are partially responsible for the zombie plague in video games. I wonder if some developers make the conscious decision to use zombies as the enemies you kill for worry of getting torn apart by the SJW horde when using human targets because the particular humans they chose to use as targets somehow are considered as social commentary.

I think we should use Native Americans as villains because they are underrepresented.

But they can't twirl their mustaches.

You guys are all bigots. I'm going to write a really harsh blog entry!

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Planetside 2: Removing the ability to crouch over corspes to prevent "sexually assaulting a corpse". :rolleyes:

image.png

image.jpg

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-anti-teabagging-measures.202892/page-2#post-2950034p

There isn't a facepalm gif powerful enough to express how I feel about that.

big-facepalm.gif

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

^ No. As an Englishman I resent the idea of a Native American muscling in on our hitherto sacred role as postmodern villains of choice.

I dunno, Monte.  Putin is doing his damnedest to keep Russians at or near the top of the villain food chain for years to come.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This is another blunder if it is true.

http://theralphretort.com/doxx-attempt-ends-badly-for-4chan-sjw/

That would be absolutely tragic, if true. Someone going to prison for 10 years over this ****? Nah, no one deserves that.

Somehow I doubt it's true though.

• Like 3

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This is another blunder if it is true.

http://theralphretort.com/doxx-attempt-ends-badly-for-4chan-sjw/

That would be absolutely tragic, if true. Someone going to prison for 10 years over this ****? Nah, no one deserves that.

Somehow I doubt it's true though.

Agreed completely on one account and partially on the other.  I fully agree that I think this is fake.  I partially agree that the supposed punishment does not fit the crime.  I agree 10 years is excessive, but at the same time this doxxing **** has got to stop, regardless of which side it comes from.  Doxxing is some seriously irresponsible **** and sooner or later it's going to lead to somewhere really dark.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you that there are plenty of mentally unstable people out there, and eventually if this crap continues someone is going to use the information to physically track someone down, in person, use your imagination as to where this goes from there.  I don't know the legal ramifications, but whoever did the doxxing should be tried as an accessory to the crime as far as I'm concerned if that happens.

What I'm saying is that a message needs to be sent loud and clear that this doxxing **** is not okay, and if it takes someone getting put through the legal system ringer to do it, that's a better alternative to what could happen if it goes unchecked.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I agree that doxxing needs to stop. It is really childish, destructive, and terrifying and will quickly get us into a really crappy place.

If this article is real then it has the potential to give more validity to the GG claims of harassment from their opponents, or perhaps show that these attacks truly are people doing it to GG from within the movement to garner sympathy in other press outlets. I kind of hope it is real no matter who it was, and although I don't think 10 years imprisonment is necessary... A hammer being dropped on the culprit would be nothing but good for the world at large.

Gee that's a surprise, so is this still considered the solid victory that you were expecting from the outcome of GG?

This apologetic response was inevitable. Considering the fact the perception that exists around GG. As I mentioned in previous posts corporations  don't like to be associated with people or organisations that are in any way in contempt of social justice issues, its a bad image for them. So rightly or wrongly GG has a perception of being sexist purely because most prominent feminist are opposed to it

But good find by the way, this is an interesting link :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Feminists are pieces of crap anyways who are some of the most sexist people in the world. Bruce is an example of this. He believes all white males are rapists. He specifically thinks I'm a rapist even though I have never raped anyone in my life but hey if the SJWs say I'm a rapist I'm a rapist. LMAO\

\Feminists are evil to the core.

Equalists are the people who truly believe in equality.

If you are not an equalist you are scum.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Feminists are pieces of crap anyways who are some of the most sexist people in the world. Bruce is an example of this. He believes all white males are rapists. He specifically thinks I'm a rapist even though I have never raped anyone in my life but hey if the SJWs say I'm a rapist I'm a rapist. LMAO\

\Feminists are evil to the core.

Equalists are the people who truly believe in equality.

If you are not an equalist you are scum.

But Volo what were you expecting from the outcome of GG?

Do you think they will be able to close down websites like RPS and Gamasutra, is that the outcome you want?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Should I be upset that Intel supports women? I am not as I support women. Intel made a business decision to not have their brand supporting an article that caused a schism in an industry that they rely on financially. intel still pulled support for a website that was intending to and succeeded to cause derision among their customers. I never expected Intel to say "Go Gamergate!!!" I expect companies to pull support because they don't want to have their brands to look for or against either group. However, GG survives without ad revenue. The media doesn't. Which is something they seem to forget.

I also think that the other companies will start laying down real pressure on the mdia outlets if this keeps up getting closer to the Christmas season. They have a bottom line and investors to consider. Yay! Capitalism!

• Like 2

My only goal is not to be accused of being a rapist because I am a white male gamer. But, yeah, those expectations are too high of sexist pigs like the SJW crowd.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.