What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

XBone was down as well, got kicked out during a strike boss fight, which was uber lame

Luckily, I'd just finished a gold tier event thing.  About five minutes after that, I got booted.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh. didn't realize I was the only one on the forums who hadn't played BS games before. Well, other than the psone version of BS2 years ago, no recollection how far I got before stopping whatsoever.

I went for the original version of BS1 as everyone seemed to think the remastered wasn't as good, but how bout BS2? Is the remastered better than original?

The BS1 re-release was a "Director's Cut" with additional content, mostly involving playing as Nico and covering her backstory (in the original release you never play as her). Some people feel that compromised the pacing of the game, but I didn't mind it, more puzzles are more puzzles. The BS2 re-release on the other hand is just a graphical enhancement and update of the UI.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Heh. didn't realize I was the only one on the forums who hadn't played BS games before. Well, other than the psone version of BS2 years ago, no recollection how far I got before stopping whatsoever.

I went for the original version of BS1 as everyone seemed to think the remastered wasn't as good, but how bout BS2? Is the remastered better than original?

The BS1 re-release was a "Director's Cut" with additional content, mostly involving playing as Nico and covering her backstory (in the original release you never play as her). Some people feel that compromised the pacing of the game, but I didn't mind it, more puzzles are more puzzles. The BS2 re-release on the other hand is just a graphical enhancement and update of the UI.

I didn't really have an issue with the added stuff in the BS1 Director's Cut, though it did lack the iconic "Paris in the fall" opening, which is a bummer.  I prefer the original version mostly based on the inclusion of that opening and the fact that I actually think the graphical "upgrade" was a downgrade.  Somehow, in my opinion, they lost some of the charm in the transition to higher res graphics.

I never played the re-release of BS2.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 Nico is best Nico.

der-untergang-o.gif

When I want a wrong opinion, I'll get one from Volourn.
  • Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

When I want a wrong opinion, I'll get one from Volourn.

Oh come now, we both know Volo doesn't have opinions.  Everything he states is FACT.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Replayed The Walking Dead: Season 2. Kenny is seriously the worst. I hadn't noticed just how much of a creep he is the first time around, but the way he starts gleefully sniffing the afterbirth of a woman he doesn't know just confirms "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE ALREADY, KENNY?!"

Oh wait, he did die, when Clementine shot him and went on to live happily ever after (unless she continues as protagonist in S3,) with Jane. As will be the result this time, as well.

Also Wellington is Junktown, but with snow. And the disastrous possibility of ****bird Kenny hogging the spotlight for a third consecutive "season."

I liked it personally - it made complete sense to me that he became so dangerous and deluded. He basically lost everything 2 times over.

In the end I killed him out of mercy, he was too far gone - which he also admitted himself.. that and giving the players the choice to leave Sarah behind really elevated some of the moral consequences of Season 2 imho. Although Season 1 had the better overall narrative, as protecting Clementine and the paternal emtions were a really effective immersion tool - as 'Last of Us' proved as well.

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished up WL2, which was pretty good but incredibly annoying in many ways. Also severely lacking in polish, especially in the second half of the game.

Started up Dragonfall DC just now. Also gonna finish up the last of Storm of Zehir.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Icewind Dale needs a better hook to start you off. I'm a fairly story driven guy and "we're doing an expedition" and "there's some caravans missing" aren't investing me any.

And that Ogre in the Orc cave? Not cool. You know how many times he one-shot my paladin? Ahh level 1.

Finishing off TW2:EE, as I haven't ran through it. Seems a hell of a lot easier than before, I beat Letho in Act 1 without using Quen, just kept hitting him with Aard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally earned enough Guardian marks to outfit my Warlock in all purple gear (yellow helmet).

I should probably get back to finishing the main story at some point.  I've been sidetracked trying to earn Guardian marks.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finishing off TW2:EE, as I haven't ran through it. Seems a hell of a lot easier than before, I beat Letho in Act 1 without using Quen, just kept hitting him with Aard.

While I assume it is indeed easier than before, Aard was the only thing I used on him back in the day too, after more elaborate strategies failed. Just spammed attack then hit Aard the moment he blocked one.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm a little bored with IWD's start, so I made the mistake of trying to play Neverwinter Nights again.

Every time I start this thing up, I find more reasons to hate it. From the stupid and slow way characters move to there being like two good portraits, both of them suitable for nothing but evil warriors.

I'm a little bored with IWD's start, so I made the mistake of trying to play Neverwinter Nights again.

Every time I start this thing up, I find more reasons to hate it. From the stupid and slow way characters move to there being like two good portraits, both of them suitable for nothing but evil warriors.

If I hadn't played with the Cheat Engine speedhack hooked into the game constantly, as well as have hotkeys to change the speed while in game, there's no way I would've gotten to even Port Llast on my last playthrough.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I found that I had trouble finding the perfect avatar pic for my characters in all those old games, including NWN and BG.

I guess it has a few good drow portraits too.

Played around 9 hours in Dragonfall Director's Cut. Supremely entertaining. I enjoyed the original Dragonfall and this is just... Well, it's even better. Enjoy the mechanical upgrades a lot (though I still don't know how the hell the flanking system works), and the two new missions that I've tried so far were fun and different.

Excellent stuff. If you guys haven't played this, it's a perfect time to do it with the Director's Cut.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0