What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Gave Space Engineers a try since it was free and looked interesting. Turns out... its not interesting. Its boring, with unintuitive controls and just... bleh.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

More Bayonetta 2 demo.  I actually did worse overall today than yesterday.  I had short bursts where I was kicking ass and playing really well, but then it would all fall apart.  I've gotten more of the combos down, but I'm still thinking too hard about using them and it's messing up my timing on dodging.  I need more practice until those combos become second nature, then it will be on to a new set of combos to master to up my variety.  I've got a couple of the enemy types in the demo timing down pat as to when to dodge, but a couple other enemies I'm still struggling with.  I tend to dodge too early for those enemies.  More practice needed.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I remember being pretty swell at Bayonetta, and thanked the holy lord Zeus for checkpoints with bosses.. There were some of the combos I could never pull, and parry can still be a pain but otherwise it was fun.

Trying some Dead Souls 2 and... it is annoying the hell out of me. Seriously. It's a huge grind and if you do a wrong step the game forces you to repeat everything again. Ehw. I don't mind hard, but this feels unfair at times.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dead Souls 2? I finished Dark Souls 2 and found it easier than the first one, mainly because after you kill an enemy 10 times he no longer respawns. Yes that kind of makes for a grind but it took me 90 hours to finish, and I still have yet to start NG+ because I'm still clearing out the optional bosses and dlc areas. Overall it's a game that will keep you busy

Trying some Dead Souls 2 and... it is annoying the hell out of me. Seriously. It's a huge grind and if you do a wrong step the game forces you to repeat everything again. Ehw. I don't mind hard, but this feels unfair at times.

Dark Souls 2, I think you mean.

Look at it this way. In any other game, you die and all progress is lost since your last save however much time ago. In Souls games, you die, and all major enemies are still dead, all loot is still found and in your hands, all shortcuts are unlocked, and your souls are near the last place you died, still up for grabs.

These games are much more lenient than you'd think

Dark Souls, yeah. Sorry. :> I don't have a box, just downed it via PSN, because I am lazy.

Thing is, if I died again before picking up my stuff again, it is gone (the souls). Think I've lost like 2000 or what souls in the beginning already. Since then I am laming it out with grinding the hell out of everything.

It doesn't exactly help that I suck at playing games with controller. So more than once I've died already just by falling from a cliff or doing some crappy button presses when in combat. Meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm starting to improve in the Bayonetta 2 demo.  I got my first gold for a segment today in my best ever run through the demo level going silver-silver-gold through the 3 segments of the level.  I'm still far from getting that platinum and light years away from pure platinum, but I'll take any progress as a positive.  I'm starting to get pretty good timing on the dodging and am getting rewarded with a good bit of witch time (if you dodge at the last split second you go briefly into witch time, where time slows down for everyone except you).  I definitely need to spend a lot more time learning different combos, though.  Right now there are 3 combos I can do instinctively and a couple more I can do about half the time and mess up half the time in the middle of an intense battle.  I'm going to need much more variety than that if I'm going to strive for pure platinum.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dark Souls 2, I think you mean.

Look at it this way. In any other game, you die and all progress is lost since your last save however much time ago. In Souls games, you die, and all major enemies are still dead, all loot is still found and in your hands, all shortcuts are unlocked, and your souls are near the last place you died, still up for grabs.

These games are much more lenient than you'd think

Not to mention if you're stuck on a boss, you can always just summon another player to help kill them for you

Dark Souls, yeah. Sorry. :> I don't have a box, just downed it via PSN, because I am lazy.Thing is, if I died again before picking up my stuff again, it is gone (the souls). Think I've lost like 2000 or what souls in the beginning already. Since then I am laming it out with grinding the hell out of everything.It doesn't exactly help that I suck at playing games with controller. So more than once I've died already just by falling from a cliff or doing some crappy button presses when in combat. Meh.

Try losing 100k souls like I did before lol. In any case there are rings you acquire later on that can help guard against soul loss

Just bought me some huge tower shield. Starting to like the game. A game that has badass tower shields can't be that bad, no?

Still running through Wright v Layton. Still loving it, it's one of the best for either series.

Just bought Alien: Isolation, haven't checked it out. I need to grab the Dark Souls 2 DLCs and I'm proving that I hate myself by going through Neverwinter Nights.

So I've got a full plate of late.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still running through Wright v Layton. Still loving it, it's one of the best for either series.

Just bought Alien: Isolation, haven't checked it out. I need to grab the Dark Souls 2 DLCs and I'm proving that I hate myself by going through Neverwinter Nights.

So I've got a full plate of late.

I ran through NWN OC earlier this year.  I did it because I love myself.  :brows:

My plate still consists of Bayonetta 2 demo and Wasteland 2.  I can only play the Bayonetta 2 demo for so long (same will go for the full game, once I have my grubby little hands on it), because it's a game where you're constantly pressing buttons fairly rapidly, and my thumbs can only take so much.  Wasteland 2 makes for a perfect break from that, as it's a turn-based game where I only use my thumb for one of the mouse buttons (I use a center-ball trackball), plus it's a different part of my thumb than what I use to mash gamepad buttons.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dark Souls 2 is fun for as long as I have a full health bar. As soon as I've died a few times and it is reduced to 50% it's just a pain in the arse.

Loving The Last of Us so far.  I can see why it got so much praise.  The zombies are a breeze now that I've got some better firepower and bombs.

The voice acting is actually quite good for a video game.  Not quite Diana Allers quality, mind you.  But still good.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Destiny. Only Destiny for over a month.  It takes over all of my gaming time. Bad rewards, repetition, laggy MP  and more complaints every time ... but i still play it everyday. :o Guess it really was worth it's money. And i'll probably play it for months. xD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Sadly im late to the game but Minecraft is sucking up alot of my time. Had it for the phone and even had the demo but didnt really enjoy it. My daughter loves it though and i bought it for her and she wanted me to build her things because she gets scared of the nighttime since 3 creepers kamikazed her house and now it has 5 spiders, 8 zombies, and a few skeletons now living there and shes stuck because it spawns her in the middle of them when she dies....over and over again. Shes just started school lol.

So she got me hooked after i built her a nice home in a mountain that any dwarf would be proud of and a 9 level mage tower on top of the mountain. Wanted to build her a huge bridge over everything to another tower but to damn hard.

Until we found creative mode. Nows shes having fun flying everywhere and fishing and spends her time trying to rescue her friends she calls now from lakes and holes and whatnot, the same creatures who agressively mauled her character and destroyed her last home. Sigh. Now im watchimg her itching to play myself and build things ive spent the days creating in my mind.

Also the plants vs zombies shooter game is surprislying fun.

Sigh i need a good rpg to come out before i accept the filthy casual inside me. Saving money for wasteland 2 but thatd have to wait til after christmas :(

The Evil Within.

Story is crap(so far), gameplay is smooth, A.I is stupid as hell and while the graphics are nice, the frame-rate and the FOV make me feel nauseated(playing the PS4 version). 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The Evil Within.

Story is crap(so far), gameplay is smooth, A.I is stupid as hell and while the graphics are nice, the frame-rate and the FOV make me feel nauseated(playing the PS4 version). 

Sounds as one would expect from a Bethesda game. All it needs now are bugs that will never be fixed by the devs but that the modding community over at Nexus will take care off. And a body replacer, nude mod over at Nexus. Then it is a true Bethesda game :p

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sadly im late to the game but Minecraft is sucking up alot of my time. Had it for the phone and even had the demo but didnt really enjoy it. My daughter loves it though and i bought it for her and she wanted me to build her things because she gets scared of the nighttime since 3 creepers kamikazed her house and now it has 5 spiders, 8 zombies, and a few skeletons now living there and shes stuck because it spawns her in the middle of them when she dies....over and over again. Shes just started school lol.

So she got me hooked after i built her a nice home in a mountain that any dwarf would be proud of and a 9 level mage tower on top of the mountain. Wanted to build her a huge bridge over everything to another tower but to damn hard.

Until we found creative mode. Nows shes having fun flying everywhere and fishing and spends her time trying to rescue her friends she calls now from lakes and holes and whatnot, the same creatures who agressively mauled her character and destroyed her last home. Sigh. Now im watchimg her itching to play myself and build things ive spent the days creating in my mind.

Also the plants vs zombies shooter game is surprislying fun.

Sigh i need a good rpg to come out before i accept the filthy casual inside me. Saving money for wasteland 2 but thatd have to wait til after christmas :(

My Daughter is 6 and we play together. I'm building stuff while she plays house and screams at the top of her lungs when zombies show up. She can't play for a while because she was having nightmares of creepers and zombies, but I was thinking of starting up crrative mode with her

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg