What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

My version of Geralt only needs one sorceress in his life, a raven haired one who used to be a hunchback.  I've been friend zoning Triss in my canon playthrough and generally (though not completely) avoiding one night stands.

No reason to be faithful, Geralt's been cuckolded to hell and back by both Triss and Yennefer.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

My version of Geralt only needs one sorceress in his life, a raven haired one who used to be a hunchback.  I've been friend zoning Triss in my canon playthrough and generally (though not completely) avoiding one night stands.

No reason to be faithful, Geralt's been cuckolded to hell and back by both Triss and Yennefer.

To be completely honest, I'd kick both of them to the curb for Shani.  ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Did you finish the other waiting game, for the 2 Series xDrive.

It's delayed until Novemberish :/

Apparently they had to make it or something

For the first time in a long time I actually have a lot of new games to play. So of course I went back to Rift and am giving it a 4th try.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin. I'm still very early in the game. Not really liking it so far, but it's too early to judge it. I'll give it more time.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well that dragon fight was annoying as I remember, took a while to get the rhythm of it. The new quest in Ch 3 isn't that bad, on Roche's path you get to dabble in politics a bit more. Also, CDPR was having a good joke with the credits of the EE. It's 25 minutes long :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well that dragon fight was annoying as I remember, took a while to get the rhythm of it. The new quest in Ch 3 isn't that bad, on Roche's path you get to dabble in politics a bit more. Also, CDPR was having a good joke with the credits of the EE. It's 25 minutes long :lol:

I never had any trouble fighting the dragon.  I've played through the game 5 times, I think, possibly 6, and I've dies a total of once, maybe twice on the dragon fight.  The Kayran fight is the one that always gives me the most trouble, even though once you learn what to do, it's really not hard.  For whatever reason, I always screw up a bunch of times doing that fight.  I don't think I've ever gotten past the Kayran in less than 3 tries.  It's the reason I'll never attempt Insane Mode, because I know for a fact my game will end at the hands tentacles of the Kayran.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I never had any trouble fighting the dragon.  I've played through the game 5 times, I think, possibly 6, and I've dies a total of once, maybe twice on the dragon fight.  The Kayran fight is the one that always gives me the most trouble, even though once you learn what to do, it's really not hard.  For whatever reason, I always screw up a bunch of times doing that fight.  I don't think I've ever gotten past the Kayran in less than 3 tries.  It's the reason I'll never attempt Insane Mode, because I know for a fact my game will end at the hands tentacles of the Kayran.

Well as I said it was annoying until you get the rhythm. Still think that was a dumb fight in a way, fighting a dragon should involve you forcing to the ground, otherwise it should just burn you from the air.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Any dragon fight where there are no missile weapons is always going to involve some questionable logic.  I mean, by all accounts dragons are intelligent creatures, extremely intelligent in some cases, so why wouldn't the dragon just always stay in the air and breathe fire at you?  Why would the dragon land and put itself in a position where it could possibly be harmed when it's 100% safe when in the air?  Unless there is a cave or something for you to get into where the only way the dragon could reach you is by landing and walking, it makes no sense.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Maybe it has a sense of fairness. I suppose that could be true for Saskia.

• Like 1

Maybe it has a sense of fairness. I suppose that could be true for Saskia.

That's true, she seems to have a sense of honor.  Lord knows I wouldn't be that honorable in a life and death battle.  :p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished up Dragonfall: Director's Cut (had played the original Dragonfall once before). Simply fantastic. If one can accept the structure (the mission focus with no real open "exploration"), then it is just marvelous. Good story, *fantastic* writing, good gameplay and great graphics and audio. Took me 23 hours to complete according to STEAM. A few reloads in there, and some AFK time (maybe an hour all-together). Great value for the money I'd say. Sad that it never seemed to go far up the STEAM list. It's one of the best RPGs in recent memory, even in this day and age of RPGs coming out seemingly left and right.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I remember a Dragon magazine dealing with this rather thorny issue, it introduced three kits: Dragonslayers for the Fighter, with arbalests, pollax's and two handed weapons for dealing with Dragons, but the advice that the cunning Slayer set and baited traps for the Dragons or took advantage of the environment, a la Sigurd Fafnirsbane.

The George for the Paladin, whom challenged the Wyrm to single combat, and his divine powers fuelled this challenge to make it effective.

The Ranger kit was the Black Arrow if I remember correctly, named after Bard the Bowman from Laketown, whom fletched and used special arrows to bring down his prey and was an expert at finding weaknesses in their coats of scales. Traditionally the chest as Saskia's character points at in a not so subtle manner.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I wonder how the Destiny servers actually work.  Despite the fact there's thousands of people playing Destiny at any given time, I find that I only run into about 2 or 3 per map when I'm roaming around.  When I'm on the Tower, there will be like 50 people running around.  But as soon as I leave there and go to one of the planets for missions, those numbers disappear.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I played a lot of Wasteland 2, a little of World of Diving, and a bit of Borderlands 2 today.  I think I'm done with Borderlands 2.  I gave it a bit over 5 hours.  Maybe the game gets better later, but if a game can't hook me in 5 hours, I'm not going to keep playing to find out.  Good thing I got it at 75% off for less than a tenner.  At that price, I don't have to feel that bad about writing it off as a loss.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, pretty good so far. It's kind of like an adventure-puzzle game, but instead of arbitrary puzzles you have to make logical deductions based on the evidence you uncover. Also finished Highpool in Wasteland 2, so far a great game, right up there with the best RPG's I've played; and I tend to get bored with the old RPG's, so I was surprised how it immediately drew me in. Also have Xenonauts,and about 3-4 other games in my rotation, kind of unmanageable. Problem is I play so slow, and PC games are so long.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Got Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, pretty good so far. It's kind of like an adventure-puzzle game, but instead of arbitrary puzzles you have to make logical deductions based on the evidence you uncover. Also finished Highpool in Wasteland 2, so far a great game, right up there with the best RPG's I've played; and I tend to get bored with the old RPG's, so I was surprised how it immediately drew me in. Also have Xenonauts,and about 3-4 other games in my rotation, kind of unmanageable. Problem is I play so slow, and PC games are so long.

I'm definitely interested in hearing your continued (as spoiler-free as possible) impressions of Crimes ans Punishment once you play it some more.  I'd love to play a good Sherlock Holmes game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Shadows of Mordor... it's surprisingly a good twist on Assassins Batman City Creed. Has it's rough points (needs more variety of locale) but the "nemesis" system and how they have captains is unique and something other companies should try

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Playing a bit The Last of Us again since a few days. It's still a quite cool game. And now that I've lowered the aiming speed, I can even hit something...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

so why wouldn't the dragon just always stay in the air and breathe fire at you? 

Their breath weapon is limited to 3/day.

(Not actually sure if even the IE games implemented that rule...)

I've never seen a vanilla IE dragon use dragon breath more than once. Maybe I killed them too quick.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Going to replay New Vegas with a high-tech juggernaut. Any good Power Armor mods recommended.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Kingdoms of Amalur beaten. I only had like five lore stones to find in the entire game, but once I beat the final boss, I felt no reason to go back and find them. I enjoyed the game overall, or I wouldn't have spent close to 85 hours with it, but the story was a bit boring, and I skipped most dialogues. I had 201 quests completed. Monsters were fun to fight, but after a while, they it felt like you had fought every type of monster over and over again. The boss battles were fun but could mostly be destroyed by entering Reckoning mode. It would have been interesting to see what they could have done with a sequel, not that that is ever going to happen.

• Like 1