Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

I quite liked the story in FO:T, and I've replayed that game from start to finish at least half dozen times because in addition to the interesting story the combat was just so much fun. I would also argue FO:T was much prettier to look at too.

this^

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I have to admit, I got a bit hacked off by the Diamondback Militia Officer ranting on about me being no better then a murderer for killing his men in the Canyon, so I better help their plans or they'd just put me down. And if I got killed in doing it, so what.

Given the fact that his men attacked you regardless on seeing you, I'd say it was their own damn fault. So, since I'd already hacked all the turrets in their base, I used brawl to take out a couple of DMB folks, grabbed their weapons and managed to kill everyone else there.

Of course, that didn't stop the DMB and Bandits and Monks fighting over everything after I disarmed the Nuke.

So does slaughtering everyone actually change any outcomes?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

" iwd2 is examples that is noteworthy. not every encounter were boss fights, but the level design were far superior in iwd2"

Hell to the no. IWD2 was completely and utterly awful in every single way except character system. The encounters were crap, the level designs were crap, the enemies were crap, the bosses were crap, it was all crap. Only IE game I didn't both to finish because it was so crappy.

WL2 is hella fun. I don't get the 'all enemies swarm in WL2'. Opposing snipers certainly don't. Enemies will also hide in cover. They'll even use ambush sometimes. *shrug*

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

forgot to mention, if you do end up editing your save, skills have values that are multiples of 3: to have Toaster Repair at 4 in the game you need to set its value to 12 in the file

Actually they aren't multiples of 3, the values are: 0, 2, 4, 6, 10, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, 44. Also you can download a save game editor here, much faster than editing the xml directly.

that's odd. I set one skill to 12 in the editor, and it gave me a 4 in the game. hmmm. :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that's odd. I set one skill to 12 in the editor, and it gave me a 4 in the game. hmmm. :ermm:

Then the if checks must be if it is equal or greater than, i.e. value >= 10 skill X is 4.

Edit: The values I posted are the ones they get if you increase the skills in game. If you want you can check them by giving yourself skill points, then raising a skill in game and checking the value in the save file for every level.

Edit 2: Just mouse over each level of skill you have at 0, the number of skill points you need to buy them are the values the game assigns.

Edited by Lychnidos

+2 for level 2, + 4 for level 3, + 6 for level 4 is the 12 you put in in the editor.

Though I am off to bed, so don't mind me :)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just throwing this question, can I kill everyone at Titan Canyon?

I did

Does the game acknowledges or is the same "You sided with these people" even though you murdered them all afterwards?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

" iwd2 is examples that is noteworthy. not every encounter were boss fights, but the level design were far superior in iwd2"

Hell to the no. IWD2 was completely and utterly awful in every single way except character system. The encounters were crap, the level designs were crap, the enemies were crap, the bosses were crap, it was all crap. Only IE game I didn't both to finish because it was so crappy.

WL2 is hella fun. I don't get the 'all enemies swarm in WL2'. Opposing snipers certainly don't. Enemies will also hide in cover. They'll even use ambush sometimes. *shrug*

we can't help but feel that we lose iq points by responding to vol.

*sigh*

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddaleii/walkthrough/shaeriver.php

first time that those orcs ran out and ignited the fire barrels were kinda a surprise, no?  regardless, the orc on this map were different than the fight at the palisade that had multiple incursions occurring simultaneously, but managed to not be overwhelming for a low level d&d party. low level d&d is a pain to design... and say "LOL, no, it isn't," hardly counts as an effective reply. low level d&d characters is extreme vulnerable with a single critical hit possibly resulting in death. your spell-casters is defined by their spell list,and low-level spell casters maybe has a few spells. is more surprising when a low-level d&d crpg encounter is done well. 

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddaleii/walkthrough/fortgate.php

those darn shamans were annoying. how dare they call down lightning on us. *chuckle* the war drums were also a nice touch. 

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewinddaleii/walkthrough/icetempleext.php

the sherinical fight at the gate were fun. the first time the stairs flattened out and dropped us back at the bottom o' the staircase were more than a bit surprising.

etc.

like iwd2, or hate it... is your choice and ultimately a matter o' taste, but the combats in iwd2 were far more varied than wl2 combats, and those iwd2 combats were more intelligently designed as well. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They were as varied as its ice dagegrs or whatever that crap. the combat was repetive, boring, an easy. EPIC FAIL OF MISUSE OF DND AWESOMESAUCE COMBAT. And, no amount of link spamming or Gromniritis will change that.

WL2 > IWD2

No contest.

• Like 1

Based on what Lychnidos wrote, the game stores the total number of skill points spent on the skill. 12 is enough for lvl 4 (total 10), not enough for lvl 5 (total 14), so it gives you a 4.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Really beginning to hate this combat ai with enemies crowding up on you in turn 1. Especially in higher difficult settings it annoys the hell out of me. It doesn't matter where I place my men, they are getting swarmed anyway.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Really beginning to hate this combat ai with enemies crowding up on you in turn 1. Especially in higher difficult settings it annoys the hell out of me. It doesn't matter where I place my men, they are getting swarmed anyway.

That's because inXile's idea of patching issues doesn't include anything like identifying the root cause. Players complain that combat doesn't feel tactical? OK, let's give mobs unfair advantage. In this case it's the ability to teleport 80 squares away from their position if they don't have any PCs in sight. (Adding insult to injury they don't actually teleport but run so you have to wait for them.)

So I'm a bit disappointed too. I expected better.

we can't help but feel that we lose iq points by responding to vol.

XD

I think that WL2 is a good game by today's standards. Comparing it to IWD2 feels awkward because they have so little common ground (3D vs 2D, post-apocalyptic sci-fi vs classic fantasy, RTwP vs TB). But saying that IWD2 was worse and overall bad... *I'll finish this sentence once I stop laughing*

Edited by prodigydancer

One of the big ****ing flaws in the game seem to be with the enemy's stats. Everyone and their mother have more initiative than you and can walk from one end of the map to the other just to be next to you. Not hyperbole, I've seen enemies do that.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Everyone and their mother have more initiative than you

Yeah, CI is king. You can have (reasonably) low AP/turn but you don't want to sacrifice CI for any other stat. On Supreme Jerk you practically have to have 20 CI on every team member thus totally gimping your party in everything non-combat. Which is the main reason why I play on Ranger.

Everyone and their mother have more initiative than you

Yeah, CI is king. You can have (reasonably) low AP/turn but you don't want to sacrifice CI for any other stat. On Supreme Jerk you practically have to have 20 CI on every team member thus totally gimping your party in everything non-combat. Which is the main reason why I play on Ranger.

Is a bit unbalanced and more of that good old school RPG crap where you and your party seem to be the ones living on the world. Everyone else somehow manages to exist without interaction. Like how your party of adventurers somehow always manages to find a bunch enemies that made into the same dungeon level but are somehow fresh and ready to fight.

We are obviously playing by different rules the enemies and I.

village_idiot.gif

"But saying that IWD2 was worse and overall bad..."

It is. It's horrible game. IWD1 was a fantastic dungeon crawler. IWD2 was just plain crap.   Bottom 10 DnD game ever. It is also the worst official BIS RPG of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

WL2 is a good game by any standard. It does have some flaws. The big one, of course, is the speedy NPCs. L0L

But, nonethless, WL2 is awesomesauce while IWD2 is ****sauce.

Edited by Volourn

The game booted me out of the recruit screen before I could add Chisel (I had a full party), and he counted that as me dismissing him, so he wasn't recruited. Anyone know if I can edit my save to change his status to recruited, so he shows up in the citadel?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

+2 for level 2, + 4 for level 3, + 6 for level 4 is the 12 you put in in the editor.

Though I am off to bed, so don't mind me :)

oh, makes sense 

Walsingham said:

All... most... to L.A! So close, but there's always seems to be one more thing that I want to wrap up.

I think it's mainly just about figuring out what I want to do with the whole DBM/ToT situation, and wrapping that up. I believe all of the incidentals are done, finally.

I can't wait to see the new content. I don't remember the last time I was quite so "giddy" about a game. Heck, don't remember the last time I used the word giddy period! :p

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Okay, two favorite moments, and I'm not going over everything in this thread before I post, but the floating text speculating on rolling up a corpse and smoking it like a joint was laugh out loud funny.  Also, I got a real kick out of Honeydew Lewis telling the rangers "bravisimo[sic]."  I actually say that all the time, and, even misspelled, it was a great moment.  He's crazier than a loon, but I *like* 'im!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I get the feeling that there was a quest that I either miss or wasn't finished before release. I have the blacklist and I can't tell anyone about it, also there's a dead guy on the library at the Rail camp. Are those things easter eggs or something?

village_idiot.gif