What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

I'm mildly curious what they're doing with the Flash series, but I think I'll wait until it's on Netflix and I can watch 1st season all in one go. My patience level for adTV can only handle 2-3 shows a year these days.

Gave up on The 100. Definitely improving still, but just couldn't take it anymore.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished watching season two of the Bridge (original, Swedish/Danish series). Wow, really didn't see that one coming. I liked the season but the ending was like having someone twist a knife in my stomach. Figuratively, of course. Still, ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I'm really digging the Flash. Liking it more than Arrow now. Agents of SHIELD is probably my favorite show on network tv though. Pretty sure the city is Attilan.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My patience level for adTV can only handle 2-3 shows a year these days.

My patience is even thinner.  I have zero patience with ads ... that's why everything I watch I buy on DVD/blu ray.  I simply can't stand the ads. 

Last ep of Arrow was OK (well, if you don't mind the comic book logic of sending someone who is clearly insane off to become a government weapon), but the flashbacks have been a terrible drag so far this season. No doubt they'll lead up to something, but they're so slow. Both it and to a lesser extent Flash really need more focus or at least slightly less formulaic filler- though Flash has an excuse for that since it's just starting.

OTOH Walking Dead is probably having my favourite season so far.

I've been sick, lying in bed, so I've hit Netflix like a pop culture locust.

6 seasons of stargate, 3 seasons of House, and every feature film on there worth a damn except Robocop.

I don't think my system could cope with my being enraged by Robocop.

Stargate SG-1 is actually not bad, if you read between the lines it's got some interesting commentary about power, and the US government. Could definitely benefit from prettier aliens.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Stargate SG-1 is actually not bad, if you read between the lines it's got some interesting commentary about power, and the US government. Could definitely benefit from prettier aliens.

That's one of those shows that started off a bit slow, got a lot better/had to watch it, then started to get slow again. :)

...at the moment I'm watching Cats From Hell. I like making fun of the clueless cat owners.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I feel like Supernatural is trying to finish up a lot of loose stuff and giving everyone some kind of potential closure outs. Maybe in case there isn't a ssn 11? Too bad I got into it so late...I'd like more seasons, although I'd be ok if there isn't any. It's been on a long time and maybe the stories should be over. I have my dvd's.

Also:

crowleysign1.jpg

I'd rather they focus on  the father not the grandfather... It's too bad we already know the series ender. L0L

spoiler alert: The world EXPLODES and the (not quite) last Kryptonian is sent to earth. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wonder how many people escaped Krypton according to canon:

Superman

The three bad guys trapped in the dimension prison

Supergirl

Krypto

Any more?

Well Earth 1 you have (off the top of my head*)

Kal-El (Superman)

Kara Zor-El (Supergirl)

All the residents of Kandor, the Bottle City (captured by Brainiac)

Zod, Ursa, Jax-Ur, Non, Faora, and the remaining Phantom Zone Criminals

Dev-Em

Chris Kent (Zod's son)

Karsta Wor-Ul

*For the record I'm not carrying about pre/post-CRISIS and adding the additional earths are a headache (but honorable mention to Kal-L and Kara Zor-L, Superman and Power Girl of Earth 2)

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Season 10 of Supernatural has been kind of a snoozer, after the first 2-3 episodes. Then again, it could partly be, as I told my husband, that "I love my Supernatural, but I like it a fair bit less watching it week to week..."

Walking Dead started off great, then slowed the action pace down again...but the plot pacing has been a lot faster than typical. Stuff isn't dragged on and on forever, I mean. The half-season ender was ok, but wasn't a shocker to me. The show needs more Rick-time. And they can stop teasing us with Morgan and just get to it, already. :)

Season 10 of Supernatural has been kind of a snoozer, after the first 2-3 episodes. Then again, it could partly be, as I told my husband, that "I love my Supernatural, but I like it a fair bit less watching it week to week..."

Walking Dead started off great, then slowed the action pace down again...but the plot pacing has been a lot faster than typical. Stuff isn't dragged on and on forever, I mean. The half-season ender was ok, but wasn't a shocker to me. The show needs more Rick-time. And they can stop teasing us with Morgan and just get to it, already. :)

After referring to their half brother still being I the box with Lucifer, I figured that would have become a major plotline, but nothing. Not even another mention.

Devastatorsig.jpg

SHIELD was great. Skye and her dad's identities confirmed, show has superpowers now, lots of win.

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

I really like the last episode of The Flash. Imo, its doing a great job of building upon each episode. The Flash/Arrow crossover was pretty cool too although I liked the second episode on the Arrow much less. I couldn't help but laugh every time Arrow busted out his Batman gravel voice, which he only uses when confronting mooks.