What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Anyone watched The Musketeers Season 1 (BBC)? I haven't and wanted to get some feedback on what people thought.

I watched the first 3 episodes or so before giving up. It wasn't bad, just not really memorable.

Thanks.  Sounds like I either need to pass or wait for the price to drop some more.  :)

From Dusk till Dawn: The Series and The Strain. Both are pretty good and feature vampires who are actually monsters.

Sexy vampires or bust.

Santanico Pandemonium is hella sexy.

She is the hottest vampiress I have ever seen in any  TV series or movie   :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It feels weird, but also good, watching a whole season at once, six months after the finale. Beats the price of cable, anyway, sorta. 

Season Four, Walking Dead, ohmigosh wut no YES holy **** watch OUT WHAT that's her it's HIM turn around god! Great and clever dramatic irony, they played around with blocking the story perspectives and timelines. Could be the best cast of any season, tons of callbacks for items and characters. Relentlessly well-written, and the set dressing, exterior and interior, is just nuts how consistently believable it is. 

All Stop. On Screen.

American Horror Story: Freak Show Airs 8 Oct. Ohboyohboyohboy.

Nice   :dancing:  :dancing:

One of my favourite series, yaaaaaaaaay

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What did you think of last season (Coven)?

I was a little disappointed, not as good as the previous two. But I did the enjoy seeing what happened to Jessica Lange. She deserved that fate, she was a nasty piece of work

John Milton 

Started watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix. I'm a fan.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Started watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix. I'm a fan.

I agree, it's very entertaining.  The opening theme is one of the best I've seen.

Now that it appears Netflix is wading into original Animated Series, they should tap that relationship with marvel and bust out a Nextwave series.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Amazon is getting into the act as well.  Five new series - here's one

Hand of God starring Ron Perlman and Dana Delany

"A morally corrupt judge suffers a breakdown and believes that God is speaking directly to him, compelling him onto a path of vigilante justice."

Right now you can watch the entire first episode for free (not sure how long that is going to hold)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MR9XOM8/ref=atv_feed_catalog?ref_=imdbref_tt_pv_vi_aiv_1&tag=imdbtag_tt_pv_vi_aiv-20

(and no, Diego Maradona does not make a cameo appearance .....)

PS:  Apologies if this has already been posted

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Amazon is getting into the act as well.  Five new series - here's one

Hand of God starring Ron Perlman and Dana Delany

"A morally corrupt judge suffers a breakdown and believes that God is speaking directly to him, compelling him onto a path of vigilante justice."

Right now you can watch the entire first episode for free (not sure how long that is going to hold)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MR9XOM8/ref=atv_feed_catalog?ref_=imdbref_tt_pv_vi_aiv_1&tag=imdbtag_tt_pv_vi_aiv-20

(and no, Diego Maradona does not make a cameo appearance .....)

PS:  Apologies if this has already been posted

Not available in Canada. Prime is such a good deal in the US, but in Canada its a ripoff. US: $100 a year for free 2 day shipping, Amazon Instant, Kindle Lending Library, and Prime Music, in Canada its $80 a year for free 2 day shipping.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah. You have to buy a LOT for that to be worth it. Especially since they built the fulfillment centre in Delta. So living in Surrey I often get things in 2-3 days when I pick free shipping.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bojack Horseman.

Pretty damn good.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The season of Bojack is well structured too. Finale ties up the arc of the season, while setting up the next season, but in a way that if there is no next season, nothing is left hanging. Its actually a pretty smart show despite its subject matter.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bojack Horseman was amazing.  It started off as a pretty standard animated show with some good humor, but then the narrative really came into focus.  It was more than just funny, it was thought provoking and a bit melancholy.  It was brilliant.  

• Like 1

Oh my ... yes, mmm, oh yeah ... soon, precious. 4K Blu-ray confirmed, coming late 2015. Media and players by Christmas then. Will need more time than that to actually get a 4K display, however, so, maybe early 2016 a 50" 4K UHDTV will be one large, maybe twelve hundo. Saving now. 

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14923

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

CN had some sort of Teen Titans Go! Marathon on today. Wow is that a terrible show. I had to watch a few episodes of Green Lantern TAS on netflix to get the taste out.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching the latest season for Hell on Wheels and as usual its very entertaining

John Milton 

Liked the season opener of SLEEPY HOLLOW last night.

They did their best to throw a swerve at the audience.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Agents of SHIELD was good. They even gave Absorbing Man his ball and chain. Lots of repercussions from last season. Poor Fitz.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg