What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

A friend introduced me to Longmire, which I've been catching up on.

Based on the books about a Wyoming County Sherriff who works next to a Cheyenne reservation, is coming out of a year low due to the loss of his wife... Whose best friend is played by Lou Diamond Phillips as the snarky friend, indian who runs the bar character. Also Katee Sackhoff as the Deputy who used to be a cop from Phillidelphia and is getting used to the difference in culture and policing..

Entertaining in its way. You have to give props to any show that can pull off dialogue like:   "It's time we used an O.I.T."   "An O.I.T.?"   "Yes. An Old Indian Trick..." said with a knowing wink.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The missus and I blasted through the first three seasons of Walking Dead on Netflix over the course of 7-10 days. Pretty good. I find it interesting that the biggest threats aren't from the zombies but from the remaining humans. The zombies themselves seem pretty easy to escape or kill as long as you don't get swarmed.

The bad news is Netflix only has up to season 3 and neither it nor On Demand offers season 4. Hopefully they add it before season 5 starts.

• Like 1

"here's something about acclaimed actor Sean Bean; he tends to die in a good deal of his screen vehicles."

I don't why this Bean thing is such a big deal. Plenty of actors have had plenty of roles where they die.

People gonna do their usual 'mocking' thing but I don't care. I'm watching BB16. I love that stuff. Sure beats the newest garbage on tv that passes as 'good'. L0L The Strain L0L L0L The Waking dead L0L

RIP Robin Williams.  As beloved that he was, he was still under appreciated as an actor.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like the Strain. :( It's old school vampires as monsters stuff. The only thing that bothers me is that the leads are boring as heck. Whenver they're on screen I want to go back to Van Helsing and the Rat Catcher.

Since I was the ripe age of 3 when that series ended, I decided to finally take a look at Twin Peaks to see what the fuzz is about. Two episodes in, I'm thinking I may not have the proper zeitgeist for this boring, terribly acted soap opera. Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to keep watching? Does it get better?

• Like 1

For those Veronica Mars fans out there...

Buzzfeed - New Veronica Mars webisodes to go Meta

When Play It Again, **** — a web series revolving around Ryan Hansen’s fan favorite Veronica Mars character, **** Casablancas — was announced in January 2014, creator Rob Thomas described the project like this: “The web series will have more in common with Party Down tonally, but it will be about Ryan Hansen, or at least a version of Ryan Hansen, deciding to capitalize on the current Veronica Mars heat to get his own series on the air. He’ll try to pull his actor pals into the venture with varying degrees of success.”

In the subsequent seven months, Thomas has been silent on the series. But with filming on the eight-episode series recently completed, BuzzFeed can now reveal the actors who will join Ryan Hansen — who plays **** Casablancas and a fictionalized version of himself — in the super-meta series.

Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars and Kristen Bell

The Rob Thomas-penned web series revolves around a fictional Veronica Mars spin-off that Hansen has “written” as a star vehicle for himself titled Play It Again, ****. Like almost everyone involved, Bell plays a slightly skewed version of herself who has — begrudgingly — agreed to reprise her role as the titular sleuth for Hansen’s spin-off.

Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls and Jason Dohring

Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars and Enrico Colantoni

Percy Daggs III as Wallace Fennel and Percy Daggs III

Daran Norris as Cliff McCormack and Daran Norris

Francis Capra as Eli “Weevil” Navarro and Francis Capra

Kyle Gallner as Cassidy “Beaver” Casablancas and Kyle Gallner

Christopher B. Duncan as Clarence Wiedman and Christopher B. Duncan

Ryan Devlin as Duncan Kane and Ryan Devlin

Chris Lowell as Chris Lowell

Ken Marino as Ken Marino

Amanda Noret as Madison Sinclair

Lisa Thornhill as Celeste Kane

It all sounds very... meta.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You can always tell when a cast just enjoys working together, so it sounds like it will be a fun project for them to do a bunch of webisodes.  A number of them already do stuff like Burning Love, so I look forward to seeing it.

edit:  Party Down was hilarious too.  Everyone should watch it.

Edited by Hurlshot

I need to see Party Down at some point.

Looks like the major cast is all there except Tina Majorino (who, IIRC, is in TNT's LEGENDS crime-drama series so probably wasn't available).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just started watching Blacklist season 1 - about halfway thru - finished the two part Anslo Garrick episode plus the Alchemist and the Good Samaritan.   To be honest I didn't expect a lot but the show (and Spader) is tremendous.   

Edited by kgambit

Just watched an absolutely fascinating documentary on Richard the Third, a young man with the same spinal twisting was put to the test in a re-enactment of battle in the War of the Roses. Full harness, authentic medieval wooden saddles, tilting etcetera. The chap passed most of everything with flying colours, his stamina was somewhat affected by his impediment, but he was more than able to fulfill the role otherwise.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Utopia - a strange british tv series about conspiracy and comics.. It's light hearted at times and then goes crazy the next, with little kids being murdered and tortured and then later in the same episode funny and ackward flirting. Which oddly makes it all seem a lot more realistic.

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished watching House of Cards S2 (US). Honestly, it was a bit of a struggle. Liked the Brit version too much, found the US one too long, don't really care much about the US political system shenanigans and wasn't really convinced by Spacey to be, er, frank. To be fair Spacey was on a hiding to nothing considering how much I liked Ian Richardson's performance, so that criticism at least may well not be fair. Too much arch Old Etonian ingrained in the cultural memory, not enough Southern Gentleman.

And I did enjoy Blacklist rather a lot. I suspect I would have loved HoCUS if Spader had been lead there. He'd be pretty much utterly unbelievable as President, but I doubt I'd care.

Edited by Zoraptor

Will be a busy couple weeks coming up. Walking Dead Season 4 on Tuesday, then September 9 is gonna burst like an awesome superhero piñata with Agents of SHIELD Season 1, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the Glacier White PS4 controller ... only one of which is actually a TV show, but all of which will be used on the idiot box. 

All Stop. On Screen.

From Dusk till Dawn: The Series and The Strain. Both are pretty good and feature vampires who are actually monsters.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

From Dusk till Dawn: The Series and The Strain. Both are pretty good and feature vampires who are actually monsters.

Sexy vampires or bust.

Santanico Pandemonium is hella sexy.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Peter Capaldi is going to be an interesting Doctor.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anyone watched The Musketeers Season 1 (BBC)? I haven't and wanted to get some feedback on what people thought.

I watched the first 3 episodes or so before giving up. It wasn't bad, just not really memorable.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg