What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

I remember watching the first few episodes of Arrow when it came out, and sorta liking it. But I haven't followed it since. I should really catch up with it a bit (I think the 1st season is on Netflix, at least).

The ads for 2nd half of TWD season aren't inspiring but I'll still be on the couch watching, because ... well, because. It's a mystery at times. And also really really hoping Better Call Saul is good. Sunday, not long to wait now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember watching the first few episodes of Arrow when it came out, and sorta liking it. But I haven't followed it since. I should really catch up with it a bit (I think the 1st season is on Netflix, at least).

The ads for 2nd half of TWD season aren't inspiring but I'll still be on the couch watching, because ... well, because. It's a mystery at times. And also really really hoping Better Call Saul is good. Sunday, not long to wait now.

Arrow was pretty good for the first half of season 1, good for 2nd half, then awesome for season 2 and has mostly kept up the pace.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Music awards, that Hoser guy comes out, does his hipster cathedral thing, then BOOM Annie Lennox walks on and killed the song like a professional musical assassin. Love her. 

Oh, jeez, then Katy solos, resplendent all in white, breaking my heart. I tried doing TrueNeutral's manly one tear in the theater thing, but they just kept coming. I'm still a man, I like burritos, and football, when does pre-season start. *sniff*

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

TWD - that was unexpected. Well, maybe not entirely unexpected, but I would've expected someone else, is all. I do like that it appears they're going to continue to largely be on the road the rest of the season. Maybe. Rick just gets more awesome all the time. Maybe it's the beard.

Better Call Saul - promising start. I loved it. Another one tomorrow night. Yay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There was a Wheel of Time pilot on FXX last night, after midnight. 30 minutes fairly low budget and probably only created so Red Eagle could hold onto the license.

It's basically the prologue of Eye of the World. They avoid doing the rising of Dragonmount, obviously because that would have cost money.

It can be found on youtube, but due to the questionable legality of those links, I won't share.

I feel comfortable sharing this however.

BHse8kZ.png

Edit: Neither Brandon Sanderson nor Harriet McDougal Rigney (Robert Jordan's widow) knew about this.

https://twitter.com/BrandSanderson/status/564649980775108608

https://www.facebook.com/TaverenTees

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow, that's crazy.

1966 Hobbit, now that's crazy.

Though this did include Billy Zane.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started watching Helix, having not watched any of season 1. It looks good.

The new 12 Monkeys isn't bad, I'll give it the season to make a full judgement.

Yes, I've enjoyed 12 Monkeys to this point. The last episode (when the lab gets attacked by raiders) was the best thus far.

I've tried several times, but I just can't seem to stay interested in Helix.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

TWD - that was unexpected. Well, maybe not entirely unexpected, but I would've expected someone else, is all. I do like that it appears they're going to continue to largely be on the road the rest of the season. Maybe. Rick just gets more awesome all the time. Maybe it's the beard.

I knew he was going because I read that the actor's signed up for a different programme. Since none of the regulars has left any other way since S1 that only really left one way he was going out.

It was an extremely well shot and atmospheric- if pretty disposable- episode. Also trippy as anything.

For those who might not have heard yet..

How NBC is trying to keep Constantine going

Things haven't been looking so great for NBC's Constantine, having already announced a halt to production after 13 episodes and no mention of renewal, fans are understandably concerned about the future of the show and the stories yet to be told.  While it may not be a "for sure" thing, I've heard some word on how the executives are trying to keep the show going.  Come inside to check it out! 

Despite the low numbers, NBC's Constantine show has a very active and rabid fan base.  When word about the series' production halt came about, the internet was flooded with #SaveConstantine posts and hope for the future.  Sadly, things haven't been looking all that good.  Recently NBC announced a wave of show renewals for their channel and the DC Comics show was nowhere to be seen.  So is all hope lost for this show?  Maybe not...

I've heard from a couple of sources now that NBC doesn't really want to give up on Constantine and are actively searching for ways to keep the show going.  Let me preface the next thing I'm about say with this: the sources have made it clear that this is an IDEA/possible plan being bandied about.  So it's not 100% and may not come to pass, but it is one of the more popular ideas being put out there right now amongst the show-heads.  

Still with me?  Okay.  The idea here isn't so much to keep Constantine going on NBC but to move it to the Syfy Channel (where the marathon they ran of the show did very well) and rebranding it as Hellblazer.  The new channel would give them a little more freedom to explore some of the darker aspects of the comic and appeal to a broader fanbase.  

Like I said, this isn't a for sure thing right now, but my sources say it is something NBC is seriously considering and hoping to do.  I wish I had a timetable of when we might see or hear anything more specific, but for now, there's a chance we'll be seeing a Hellblazer show on Syfy with the same cast.  

So I guess it's still a wait and see, but at least it's not outright cancellation just yet....

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Gotham. I am not a huge Batman fan, and I have always felt the Batman villains to be too comical. I like this take on it, though.

Also: to be honest I couldn't care less about James Gordon, it's all about the Penguin.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

There was a Wheel of Time pilot on FXX last night, after midnight. 30 minutes fairly low budget and probably only created so Red Eagle could hold onto the license.

I watched it from youtube. It started okayish, but gets steadily worse. In this Lews Therin goes "I was mad. Not my fault. Deal with it." after killing his family where in the books he is screaming his heart out.

Red Eagle Entertainment is cancer. Apparently they would have lost their TV rights by 11.2.2015 if they hadn't succeeded to produce something.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

For those who might not have heard yet..

How NBC is trying to keep Constantine going

Things haven't been looking so great for NBC's Constantine, having already announced a halt to production after 13 episodes and no mention of renewal, fans are understandably concerned about the future of the show and the stories yet to be told. While it may not be a "for sure" thing, I've heard some word on how the executives are trying to keep the show going. Come inside to check it out!

Despite the low numbers, NBC's Constantine show has a very active and rabid fan base. When word about the series' production halt came about, the internet was flooded with #SaveConstantine posts and hope for the future. Sadly, things haven't been looking all that good. Recently NBC announced a wave of show renewals for their channel and the DC Comics show was nowhere to be seen. So is all hope lost for this show? Maybe not...

I've heard from a couple of sources now that NBC doesn't really want to give up on Constantine and are actively searching for ways to keep the show going. Let me preface the next thing I'm about say with this: the sources have made it clear that this is an IDEA/possible plan being bandied about. So it's not 100% and may not come to pass, but it is one of the more popular ideas being put out there right now amongst the show-heads.

Still with me? Okay. The idea here isn't so much to keep Constantine going on NBC but to move it to the Syfy Channel (where the marathon they ran of the show did very well) and rebranding it as Hellblazer. The new channel would give them a little more freedom to explore some of the darker aspects of the comic and appeal to a broader fanbase.

Like I said, this isn't a for sure thing right now, but my sources say it is something NBC is seriously considering and hoping to do. I wish I had a timetable of when we might see or hear anything more specific, but for now, there's a chance we'll be seeing a Hellblazer show on Syfy with the same cast.

So I guess it's still a wait and see, but at least it's not outright cancellation just yet....

This would be a great scenario.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Better Call Saul eps. 2 - the scene out in the desert was awesome. :lol:

Supernatural - caught up again. Still not really into this season. I don't find the Crowley's mom to be a great chr....yet.

Watched all of True Blood. Pretty good. One thing learned after avoiding HBO for years is that they definitely have their style. L0L I don't get why some people dislike Sookie. She's damn good heroine (being H0T helps of course :D). Also, the show screwed up. They wanted me to cheer on Eric torturing that preacher's wife and using her as a sex blood slave for all eternity. It failed. I was wholely in her camp. LMAO

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You work hard all day, all week, in fact, looking forward to Tuesday night's programs, The Flash and Agent Carter ... you turn on the TV, drink a pizza, make a beer, and what happens ... every channel is stuttering, tiling, artifacting, digitally effed beyond watchable. It's never happened before, never will again, the online support forum said there was a Cox Cable street-level box somewhere in the tri-city area on fire earlier today. *sigh*

On the bright side, Bridget Regan as a Black Widow is unrecognizable from her role years ago in Legend of the Seeker. Her character is literally killing it hard. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Gotham. I am not a huge Batman fan, and I have always felt the Batman villains to be too comical. I like this take on it, though.

Also: to be honest I couldn't care less about James Gordon, it's all about the Penguin.

Was enjoying Taylor's performance part of your plan?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands