What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Holy high military naval drama, Captain. Replete with secret orders, an onboard Admiral, mutiny, wildly illegal internal Federation machinations, and an utterly convincing Romulan Warbird Captain. Episode 12, Season Seven, Star Trek: The Next Generation ... The Pegasus. Terry O'Quinn as a vengeful Admiral Pressman--I'll never look at John Locke's character the same. Directed by LeVar, naturally, which explains the badassery. I had almost given up on Season Seven being a dopey swan song ... nope.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Holy high military naval drama, Captain. Replete with secret orders, an onboard Admiral, mutiny, wildly illegal internal Federation machinations, and an utterly convincing Romulan Warbird Captain. Episode 12, Season Seven, Star Trek: The Next Generation ... The Pegasus. Terry O'Quinn as a vengeful Admiral Pressman--I'll never look at John Locke's character the same. Directed by LeVar, naturally, which explains the badassery. I had almost given up on Season Seven being a dopey swan song ... nope.

That the one with the illegal cloaking/phasing device? That was a sweet episode.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I know, right, my favorite part of TNG and TOS is the naval officer command structure. It's the perfect authoritarian backdrop to all the crazy sci-fi scenarios ... whatever happens, you know the Federation has a contingency plan or a UCMJ to keep things real and moral and fair. As I recall, that sort of thing is largely absent in the other Trek TV series.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Thor hosting SNL tonight. Chris Hemsworth, first seen by anyone everywhere as George Kirk, James T. Kirk's father in the 2009 film ... how in god's name am I going to stay awake ... three more hours ... maybe if I take a nap now ...

All Stop. On Screen.

Oh my hat but season  3 of Vikings is AMAZING !!!

They have somehow managed to improve on the previous seasons and have introduced an irrefutable supernatural link 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I need to watch episode 2 of that.

I watched the second episode of the new House of Cards season. I'm not liking it as much as the other seasons. Season 1 was still the best.

I'm also on the last season of Homeland. I like it, but I feel like they are overdoing things a bit.

Arrow and Suits are also series I am following.

I watched the second episode of the new House of Cards season. I'm not liking it as much as the other seasons. Season 1 was still the best.

I'm also on the last season of Homeland. I like it, but I feel like they are overdoing things a bit.

Saw an interview with the House of Cards people who said they wanted to slow down a bit for season 3 and focus more on the Underwood marriage.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Saw an interview with the House of Cards people who said they wanted to slow down a bit for season 3 and focus more on the Underwood marriage.

That's not so bad. I'm just getting a bit tired of Frank Underwood at this point.

I am so far behind. I have 7 episodes of the 100, 6 of Sleepy Hollow, 4 Better Call Saul, and a Comic Book Men on my PVR, and me and the missus started watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix (which is wonderful btw)

Devastatorsig.jpg

IMO it just keeps getting better. But it is CW. Soap operaish is a requirement

Devastatorsig.jpg

For that potential interest...

Nathon Fillion and Alan Tudyk launch indiegogo campaign for a WebSeries

Want to see Firefly stars Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk not only back together on screen but back together on a spaceship? Then we recommend you get out your credit card and head over to the just-launched-today Indiegogo page for the pair’s planned web series, Con Man.

“It’s about the convention world,” says Tudyk, who is also the show’s creator, writer, and director. “My character, Wray Nerely, was on a science fiction show called Spectrum, that was canceled too soon, and now he goes to conventions, to sign head shots, and meet fans, and do panels. Nathan’s character, Jack Moore, who was the captain of the spaceship on Spectrum, has gone on to incredible action-hero stardom, like Matt Damon. My character is frustrated with his situation and frustrated by Jack’s stardom. We follow Wray’s story as he goes to the conventions and does video game voiceovers and we are going to populate it with sci-fi actors and people that you will find at conventions. Zany hi-jinks ensue!” (According to the project’s official press release, guest stars on the show will include the pair’s fellow Firefly-ers Sean Maher and Gina Torres as well as Amy Acker (Person of Interest), Seth Green, Felicia Day, and Guardians of the Galaxy filmmaker James Gunn, who directed Fillion in 2006’s still wildly underappreciated monster movie Slither.)

Fillion and Tudyk are hoping to raise $425,000 to finance the show’s first three 10 minute-long episodes. But Tudyk says that he has written 10 scripts in all so far and that at least one later show will indeed see both actors back on a spaceship. “There’s a lost episode of Spectrum that gets released within the show,” he says. “That’s done in a funny way—but there are actual scenes of me flying a spaceship and Nathan captaining.”

Below, Tudyk and Fillion talk more about Con Man, their very different video game-voicing experiences, and why the cast and crew of their new show should prepare themselves for an avocado-high diet.

EW: Obviously the two of you were both actually on a science fiction show, which its fans believe was canceled too early. How much of Con Man is autobiographical?

Alan Tudyk: Well, Nathan is Matt Damon famous. [Laughs] It’s not so much autobiographical, but it is pulled from a lot of experiences. I mentioned the voiceover for a video game—that one was pulled directly from an experience that we had doing Halo. I was like, What did they have you say?” And Nathan was like, Follow me!” “We got them on the run!”

Nathan Fillion: “Let’s go!” “Attack!” “Move forward!” “You can do this!” Success!”

AT: And all of mine were, “Ow, that hurts!”

NF: “Run away!”

AT: “I fell on my keys!”

NF: “Wait for me!”

AT: And that was it. I even tried a hero voice and they were like, “No, no, a little higher! Shriller! Shriller!”

Nathan, what did you think when Alan approached you with this idea?

NF: Alan is a very clever idea. He comes up with ideas constantly. A lot of his ideas are kind of flash-in-the-pan type ideas. Alan, do you remember Doctor Cop Lawyer? [it was about] a guy who was a doctor, and a cop, and a lawyer. So he chases down the criminal, arrests the criminal, saves the criminal because he just shot the criminal, and then represents the criminal in a court of law. That was something Alan didn’t really pursue. But this one, he has been a bit of a dog with a bone with this. He’s been pursuing it, and making all the right moves, and he’s been very energetic and tireless in his pursuit. And then he wrote the script and he let me read it—and it is brilliant on a lot of levels. It pleases me in a lot of ways. As an audience member, this is exactly the kind of thing I want to see. I want to see a guy who gets kicked in the nuts all the time. I want to see a guy whose life just keeps handing him lemons. I love watching him suffer and Alan, this is one of his niches. He can do a lot of things but he can suffer very well.

I think what Alan’s doing is very clever. He’s not coming at everybody saying, Fund this entirely huge, massive concept. He’s saying, Let’s do three. If you love it, let’s do more. This project is about honoring the sci-fi projects of years gone by that have been forgotten, and the people that are fanatical about those projects. And it’s the kooky people you meet along the way.

AT: [but] the kooky people in Con Man are not the fans. [The fans] are the heroes of this. The kooky people are the people who work in the conventions. It’s the other side of conventions that fans don’t get to see. It’s the people that we’ve met along the way that are pulling the strings behind the curtain, in addition to kooky celebrities.

I’ve always wanted to involve the fans. The convention world is huge and getting bigger all the time. You mentioned Firefly. We’ve seen the fans do incredible things and this is something that the fans can get involved with at an early level and, having done conventions now for twelve years, some of the incentives are things that they want. This is going to be somewhat of an online convention in that, at conventions you get headshots signed, and there’s going to be that type of thing —because there is a show within-a-show: Spectrum.

Alan, in the press release for Con Man, it says that, in addition to writing, directing, and starring in the project, you will also be providing craft services. What can cast and crew expect from the Tudyk menu?
AT: Guacamole!

Is that it?
AT: That’s the one thing I’ve got, babe! That’s what comes out of my kitchen mostly. If there’s an avocado in the house, it soon gets turned into a mushy paste, with tomatoes, onions, cilantro—and some other secret spices.

I am legally obliged to ask about the future of Firefly. Do you have any news about possible further adventures?
NF: Not on this particular Indiegogo! [Laughs]

AT: No, this would be the quickest way to see us back on a spaceship. That’s the truth. It’s not going to be the Serenity. But it is a really cool spaceship!

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I miss non-crippled Castiel. Sad Sack Cas with no wings is just not as cool.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched Community on Yahoo Screen, it was decent.  It seemed a bit off from the previous seasons, but I think it might just be an adjustment period.  It still had some fantastic moments.

Also watched The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.  I am only two episodes in, but it seems like a decent comedy in the 30 Rock vibe.  

Watched Community on Yahoo Screen, it was decent. It seemed a bit off from the previous seasons, but I think it might just be an adjustment period. It still had some fantastic moments.

Also watched The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. I am only two episodes in, but it seems like a decent comedy in the 30 Rock vibe.

I'm loving Kimmy Schmidt. It gets more ridiculous as it goes on. I have like 2 eps left.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oh, for those Supernatural fans out there...

Jensen Ackles stopped by the Supernatural VegasCon and..

https://youtu.be/Q5tYnJTDaAI

Edit: Hm, and now the media tags seem to have stopped working, have they changed again?

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 - If I had 25k I was willing to spare, I'd so snatch that tier of the Conman thingie. I'm not surprised at all that it's over 2 million now with so many tiers sold out.

2 - I love Jensen, but most of his singing vids at Supernatural conventions kind of make me cringe. I get why it's awesome in the fan way, but when not actually there, I just notice he's not actually that great at singing. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts