RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-the-witcher-game-that-never-was

EG article on a early attempt at a Witcher game

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-the-witcher-game-that-never-was

EG article on a early attempt at a Witcher game

I'm glad they sold the license to CDPR and wound up making Gorky 17 instead, which was a pretty good game.

As an aside, that's a pretty stylish violet outfit Geralt is wearing.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838538

Just lol, guess that mod I linked in "what are you playing now" thread was just unlocking the game. The PC gods are angry, prepare to be smote Ubisoft, the little stings of SJW are nothing compared to the storm that is coming.

Heh, that stuff works. Had to disable DoF because it was horrible, but other than that I didn't noticed a worse performance.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Heh, that stuff works. Had to disable DoF because it was horrible, but other than that I didn't noticed a worse performance.

I don't really know, as I haven't played the game nor have any interest to, but it doesn't paints a pretty picture of the gaming industry if the PC versions are being gimped.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I don't really know, as I haven't played the game nor have any interest to, but it doesn't paints a pretty picture of the gaming industry if the PC versions are being gimped.

But they apparently still use the superior capability of the PC to create the pretty sales screenshots and videos, oh the delicious irony...

But they apparently still use the superior capability of the PC to create the pretty sales screenshots and videos, oh the delicious irony...

Coz that's all what are PCs capable of :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Torment: Tides of Numenera delayed until god-knows-when Q4 2015, sorry.

As long as it comes out, I'm okay.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Torment: Tides of Numenera delayed until god-knows-when Q4 2015, sorry.

As long as it comes out, I'm okay.

My sentiments exactly, I'm not concerned about any delay that the developers feel they need. At least this way we won't hear the famous " we had to release the game in the state its in due to pressures and expectations from Publishers who funded this game so we had no choice"

:)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In most of these circumstances I'm happy to accept the reasons given and have no problem giving them all the time they need. At the same time, users really ought to be aware that it's not a given that any similar delays would be as well justified. It's all well and good to tell every developer out there to take their time and get it right, but it only takes one cynical dev to damage a lot of the goodwill out there.

Point is that while the vast majority of projects encounter delays for (hopefully) good reason, I wouldn't go so far as to say they all have free licence to repeatedly get away with poor project management or worse, purposeful deception. We should expect them to learn from these early experiences and not have these early teething issues turn into the norm for their future projects.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The way I see it, in regards to Kickstarters at least, is that they already have my money. They could go belly-up without releasing anything, that was the risk I accepted when I pledged.

So a delay is meaningless as long as the thing comes out. The only effect mismanagement in the case of a Kickstarter could do, at this point, is keep me from pledging from future Kickstarters by that company or persons involved.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hm, where's LadyCrimson

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/11897/eyes-on-impressions-of-stronghold-crusader-2.html

Impression of Stronghold Crusader 2.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/17/torment-tides-of-numenera-interview-1/#more-213605

For those that aren't familiar with the some of the important game design decisions around the new Torment game here is the first part of a detailed interview from RPS

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Good interview.

Hats off to Grayson for not asking anything about women.

:lol:

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Guys you seriously have to take a look at this and see how much better GTA V looks on PS4 than PS3

http://www.destructoid.com/grand-theft-auto-v-on-ps4-looks-amazing-next-to-ps3-version-276685.phtml

• Like 2

John Milton 

Man, that GTAV PC version will look pretty good.

I agree, PC should look better than the PS4 so I am very excited :dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Man, that GTAV PC version will look pretty good.

I agree, PC should look better than the PS4 so I am very excited :dancing:

Let's hope it's better optimized than the GTA4 PC port so that I don't have to get another 780Ti just to get it to a good framerate on medium settings. 

:p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

For those who missed it and still retain some fondness for TF2, there's this:

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

http://kotaku.com/one-brave-reporter-went-inside-americas-first-video-gam-1593430390

So folks in the USA the first gaming rehab centre has been opened. Any of our American members feel the need to maybe book in for short spell of rest and recuperation?

Keyrock...Shady....Barti....anyone else want to tell us something, they say its best to share a burden a life ;)

John Milton