RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

"Run through it now, it's amazing, not overly long, and you will have no trouble playing it a second time close together.

This news makes me happy.  This is still the best kickstarter project I've backed at this point. "

Nah. DOS is better and SRR is merely okay. DOS is slightly above average.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Run through it now, it's amazing, not overly long, and you will have no trouble playing it a second time close together.

This news makes me happy.  This is still the best kickstarter project I've backed at this point. "

Nah. DOS is better and SRR is merely okay. DOS is slightly above average.

I didn't back DOS, so nah right back at you.  :)

They are fairly different games.  It is pretty clear that Larian Studios is more experienced, and their game is incredibly deep.  Shadowrun shines in the way they captured the setting, the story, and the characters.  The gameplay is fairly shallow, and you can tell that it is a fairly inexperienced team making the game.  They made a lot of improvements for Dragonfall, showing growth.  

"Shadowrun didn't have inventory management hell, I'll give it a points decision on that basis alone."

I'd rather have a 'messy' inventory ala DOS than a boring/unimaginative one like SR.

Wait is that perhaps horror? From Bioware? The horror of it all.

Colour me interested

Two sites apparently linked to the game:

http://www.seekinghenna.com/

http://www.woods-watsoninstitute.info/

Oh god, what if the university is the setting of the game....... A bioware game set at a university.

I don't know if BioWare can pull off horror properly.  If that is, indeed, what it's going to be.

Though it would be interesting to see how they manage to implement gay romances seamlessly into a survival horror RPG.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"I don't know if BioWare can pull off horror properly.  If that is, indeed, what it's going to be."

Not Bioware doing it. It's EA.

\

Besdies, at one time, BIO had no experience making RPGs. In fact, at one point they had no experience making games.  That was nearly 2 decades ago.  Considering their success, they must have been able to figure things out,

Then again, it's not Bio doing it. It's EA.

Edited by Volourn

>Bio

>success

>measures the quality of games by money made off the biggest public - the stupid brats

Yeah, that's not how quality is measured. Bio is ****. Don't bother replying fanboy.

>keeps thinking that the same people who've made great games in the past still work at bio

I mean do I need to say more? No, I didn't think so.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

"Yeah, that's not how quality is measured. Bio is ****. Don't bother replying fanboy."

They've been successful because they make fun games people want to play.  Don't be butthurt about it. I loathe Bethesda personally but they've been successful for the same reason. Same with the Twitcher folks.

">keeps thinking that the same people who've made great games in the past still work at bio

I mean do I need to say more? No, I didn't think so."

wut r u babbbbbblinggg aboot>

• Like 1

Shadowgate on the NES kicks my PC with a Hercules graphics cards' butt.

HGC:

17917-shadowgate-dos-screenshot-opening-

NES:

hqdefault.jpg

#PostsFromAFewDecadesAgo

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's cool as long as it doesn't handle like a methodone addict going through the shakes again.  On the down side, looks like you're stuck being a ****ing human again.  No playable Elcor no care.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's cool as long as it doesn't handle like a methodone addict going through the shakes again.  On the down side, looks like you're stuck being a ****ing human again.  No playable Elcor no care.

Firstly, what kind of moron gets addicted to methadone; shoot heroin pussies!

Secondly, I kind of want it to drive terribly; those where fun moments before the tedium of going through another shootout on the same room as before. They should just put a warning, or make a public service announcement that someone is driving a Mako. 

I know why they are bringing it back, they are prepping us for their next release Grand Theft Effect.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I know why they are bringing it back, they are prepping us for their next release Grand Theft Effect.

I would pay good money for Grand Theft Effect.

Main character a sympathatic, but still criminal Krogan on hard times. Gets dupped into crimes. 

Breaking into flying cars, punching people, paying for Asari prostitutes. 

Bioware, take my money now. 

Edited by NKKKK
  • Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I would pay good money for Grand Theft Effect.

Main character a sympathatic, but still criminal Krogan on hard times. Gets dupped into crimes. 

Breaking into flying cars, punching people, paying for Asari prostitutes. 

Bioware, take my money now. 

Genuine interest:  I like the idea, NKKK, that would likely be a lot more fun than whatever Bio is actually cooking up.

Matter of fact:  However, no playable Elcor, no sale.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks