RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Virtually no negativity at all from half-a-dozen sources previewing Shadows of Mordor today. I like the tone of the developer, too, I mean literally the words out of his mouth, when quoted in several of those articles. Could be a half-decent experience, this game.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Most of the videos got taken down.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"The Matrix" and "My Short Movie Trailer".  Also, Doge.  Such gameplay.  Much video.  Wow. :lol:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

When people see somebody with a gun/rifle, they try to get away as fast and as inconspicuously as possible. In this game, they start yelling GUN!!! GET AWAY!! OH EVERYONE LOOK THERE'S A GUY WITH A GUN...

Immediate turn off.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

A few relatively new screenshots from Risen 3:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.557194557724601.1073741833.396061400504585&type=1

..on Facebook.

What always impresses me the most when it comes to graphics are long viewing distances, something Bethesda has absolutely nailed. The first Gothic game had it too, but since then they've not been so impressive. It looks like this trend is about to continue with Risen 3. Otherwise it looks good.

Edit: OK OK! I'll add one here too. Lazy bums.

10257903_557194644391259_409911182024179

Edited by mkreku
  • Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That mission took me forever as I lost all but one of the ships to crack it.  Still remember the out of place "Achilles hammers at your gates" quote by one of the NPCs.

:D haha. Norbank, right? He is always misplaced. ...there is a trick to it, though. Or, if you pound the shield while the generators are up, or the Gorg formations supply the station with energy, the shield will never break, and they'll zap you with the siege laser. But if you take out the energy generator, you can eventually take down the shield with plasma guns if you want to.

So the mission really is about whether you want to risk your entire fleet getting in close to punch the shield down for a few seconds, and then pound the station with torpedoes. Or if you will risk splitting up the fleet, using it as a diversion, and bet on surviving on the defensive until the shield can be powered down.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

I don't understand what's up with these new games, installation size is skyrocketing but without a perceivable technological leap. I read that Wolfenstein has a 44 gig installation, Van Helsing 2 is 20 gigs, what are they thinking,,,

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/murdered_soul_suspect/b/xboxone/archive/2014/05/22/class-is-in-session-for-murdered-soul-suspect-101-trailer.aspx

Guys watch this detailed trailer for Murdered: Soul Suspect. The game is set to be released on 2 weeks or so and I am very interested

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm really disappointed they ditched the pirate setting. It was the best change they made between Risen 1 and 2.

Well  the good news is Ravens Cry is set to be released in October, hopefully that should deliver on the whole Pirate RPG experience

http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/game-info/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't understand what's up with these new games, installation size is skyrocketing but without a perceivable technological leap. I read that Wolfenstein has a 44 gig installation, Van Helsing 2 is 20 gigs, what are they thinking,,,

It appears to be uncompressed audio files. Of the 48 GB size of Titanfall, 35 are "completely uncompressed audio."

Another performance worry was tackled with sheer disk space - the 48GB install has around 35GB of uncompressed audio. Most games use compressed sound files, but Respawn would rather spend CPU time on running the game as opposed to unpacking audio files on the fly.

All Stop. On Screen.

weak-ass excuses. especially considering the fact that a lot of people use SSDs, and disk space is precious

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It appears to be uncompressed audio files. Of the 48 GB size of Titanfall, 35 are "completely uncompressed audio."

For Van Helsing 2 it is the "Terrain" folder which comes in at 15GB.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

When people see somebody with a gun/rifle, they try to get away as fast and as inconspicuously as possible. In this game, they start yelling GUN!!! GET AWAY!! OH EVERYONE LOOK THERE'S A GUY WITH A GUN...

Immediate turn off.

You must live in a frightful place.

• Like 1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/22/metro-redux-officially-announced-with-debut-trailer/

Probably doesn't make sense for people that already have the games, particularly on PC, where you could get 60 fps (assuming your hardware is capable) already, but this is perfect for me I've never played 2033, and while I have played some of Last Light, I don't own it, so this is a no-brainer.  This will purr nicely on the SteamOS monster rig I'm currently building.

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

For Van Helsing 2 it is the "Terrain" folder which comes in at 15GB.

Wasn't the first Van Helsing game a large download as well? I believe it was which was surprising to me due to the size of the game but I chalked it up to being a small developer.

Probably doesn't make sense for people that already have the games, particularly on PC, where you could get 60 fps (assuming your hardware is capable) already, but this is perfect for me I've never played 2033, and while I have played some of Last Light, I don't own it, so this is a no-brainer.  This will purr nicely on the SteamOS monster rig I'm currently building.

Where does it say it'll run on SteamOS? Is Steambox even real or vaporware at this stage? I'm confused.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Where does it say it'll run on SteamOS? Is Steambox even real or vaporware at this stage? I'm confused.

Here is the Steam Store product/pre-order page.  Notice the beautiful Tux logo next to the ugly Windows logo.  

As for Steam Machines being real actual physical models versus vaporware, at the very least, in my case, it will be a very real, physical (albeit self-built, as opposed to pre-built) machine in approximately two week's time.  I'll even fenagle some sort of Steam Logo sticker to put on the case to make it look "official", along with a sexy Tux logo.  :biggrin:

Edit:  Maybe a combination Tux/Valve logo? 

Tux_Wallpaper_by_skate3214.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸