What you did today

Tale

^If it makes you feel better GD, I'm young and vote in every election. Agree that more participation would be better, but find it very hard to convince some to get off ass.

Good luck KP

I don't need luck, I got madskillz.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Went to a party for a few hours. Currently in an altered state of mind. Managed to get a girls number, but can't remember if she was hot.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Visited Beamdog's forum and almost died from the stupid.

Why is it that most people who identify themselves as PC gamers are in fact incapable of independent thought and regurgitate somebody else's same uninformed opinions for decades in a row?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's most people that identify as gamers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My experience is that is people in general. We are social animals, prone to following shared ideas.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got to gloat at my sister for buying a car that I warned her against buying. She managed to go half of the 120km before warning lights began blinking.

I hate to love being right.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Got to gloat at my sister for buying a car that I warned her against buying. She managed to go half of the 120km before warning lights began blinking.

Shame I feel sorry for her, its not nice to be right in those circumstances

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Women. The funny (or sad) thing is she still won't listen to you after that. You could ''be right'' a hundred f*ckign thousand times, it does not matter. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've got a awesome day planned tomorrow, I'm going to a winter wine and food event where there loads of the best restaurants in South Africa hosting there gastronomic genius. Its in this open park and there will also be art and various sculptures on display :dancing:

http://www.wintersculpturefair.co.za/

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Shame I feel sorry for her, its not nice to be right in those circumstances

Yeah, it sure sucks. VW Lupo 3L might be a good car, but the one she found had a really shady guy selling it, and was trying to avoid actually showing the car.

But when she wants something, she gets it, and damned be anyone that might know a thing or two.

Women. The funny (or sad) thing is she still won't listen to you after that. You could ''be right'' a hundred f*ckign thousand times, it does not matter. 

So true, sad, but so true. I'm waiting for her to blame me and not trying harder to dissuade her from purchasing it. And screaming really, really, really loudly at me all the time.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's not exclusive to women, either, sadly...that personality type is found on all sorts of people.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Been shooting my muzzlelaoder at the shooting range. Shot my .54 Lyman great Plains rifle 1854 replica at 100 meters and I hit better than most of they guys with their modern centerfire rifles. Got palm sized groups at 100 meters.
The 54 also has tons of power, shoots a 450 grains .54 projectile at a muzzle velocity of 455 meters a second with a very satisfying deep boom.

The only problem is that I always feel sick and tired a couple of hours after extensive shooting of a muzzleloader, I think its the saltpeter residue in the air affecting my body.  :wacko:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Got into my first batch of training with my friend and his wife for Tough Mudder. Made it through, threw up just a little bit after the cooldown after. Staggered home, and time for some sushi and juice and then sink into a bath I think....

I'm hoping if I do get into this training cycle, it'll help my sleep. The last month has been chronically bad doze/wake constantly. That and I've realised I've hit that point where after ten years with my waist the same size, in the past two years it's gone up a couple of inches.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's not exclusive to women, either, sadly...that personality type is found on all sorts of people.

Quite true, but it's much more noticeable in cases like this I think.

Been shooting my muzzlelaoder at the shooting range. Shot my .54 Lyman great Plains rifle 1854 replica at 100 meters and I hit better than most of they guys with their modern centerfire rifles. Got palm sized groups at 100 meters.

The 54 also has tons of power, shoots a 450 grains .54 projectile at a muzzle velocity of 455 meters a second with a very satisfying deep boom.

The only problem is that I always feel sick and tired a couple of hours after extensive shooting of a muzzleloader, I think its the saltpeter residue in the air affecting my body.  :wacko:

I'd love to have that nausea, honestly. Because it'd mean I shot a muzzleloader. And that's badass!

You should try to hammer in nails with it. ;)

I probably will. I'm just worried that it's going to kill my momentum to start over from chapter 1 instead of writing on through.

If I push through with them I might actually figure out something interesting to do with them. And if I don't, then I might still be able to figure out the overall tone of the project which will better help me figure out what to replace them with.

I warned myself It would kill my momentum.

I've spent the past two days adjusting my outline for this change. There's a couple of quibbles with the new outline, mostly an issue with whether or not I need a particular subplot. But I don't think I'll be able to figure that out until the rewrite stage.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My experience is that is people in general. We are social animals, prone to following shared ideas.

It's like convergent design.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Roleplaying, flirting, drinking, incoherent dillydallying and so on..

aka the dream

Not a whole lot going on in the mile high city. I got my appraisal for my refi and it was much lower than expected (about 100k less than units in my building are going for at present) but should still be high enough for our purposes. Work merger is kaput so that's something I guess but not something wholly unexpected. I've also decided my favorite color is now blue.. or grey ..maybe black.

That's all I got 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Back playing up. Stuck in chair.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Same here - stepped in a pothole yesterday and now today I can barely move.

Maybe climb out?

• Like 11

-Elwood Blues

I didn't know there were so many pensioners on this forum. And I thought I was old.

Edit: What have I been doing? Reading my little brother's 50 page thesis he has to turn in tomorrow. After that, 5 years of study are completed for him. I also did this for my cousin and a couple of others. I don't know why they ask me. Maybe I'm a sucker.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

Strength training and a run. My legs feel like limp noodles.

I might actually have to start having more for breakfast then a pint of tea...

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Strength training and a run. My legs feel like limp noodles.

I might actually have to start having more for breakfast then a pint of tea...

Similar.  I weight lifted and went for a bike ride yesterday before visiting my folks for a few hours to give my mom flowers for Mother's Day (they're away today so I had to go a day early).  Today I went for another bike ride and I'm going to hit the weights shortly.  Unlike Raithe, I had a big greasy breakfast (hash and eggs), so I had plenty of energy for the ride and have some left over for the upcoming lifting.  After that, I'm going to suck down a protein shake, then kick back, pour myself a glass (or two) of Malbec, and watch some basketball.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks