What you did today

Tale

Just keep your greyhound well away from any remaining rabbits in your menagerie as even the most mild greyhound, sooner or later, is likely to seize them and snap their necks. That's what they were originally bred for, after all.

Thanks for the advice. I know, if there is one thing that makes dogs go absolutely nuts its bunnies/rabbits and other small furry fast moving creatures.

Does depend a bit on the breed, with hunting breeds obviously having the strongest instincts.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Been on XCom ever since WonderCon because I had my heart put through the shredder. Won't go into details, I thought it was something I could handle, but it really, really wasn't.

So now I've been going through XCom for days straight with my cadets Starbuck and Rainbowdash.

• Like 1

Been on XCom ever since WonderCon because I had my heart put through the shredder. Won't go into details, I thought it was something I could handle, but it really, really wasn't.

So now I've been going through XCom for days straight with my cadets Starbuck and Rainbowdash.

I for one approve of the Retreat from Reality gaming binge. When I found out my mum had cancer I went straight over to GTA3, loaded up, played for 72 hours straight and came out utterly carefree, determined to help any way I could, and run over prostitutes.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thing is, it's not helping, and I recognize that, but now I can move on to doing stuff I want to do to be productive. Regardless of this crushing weight-pain on my chest.

Walsausages.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went for a nightly walk and saw some strange lightning strikes in the sky though it was a clear, starry night, and according to the weather forecast the gods haven't planned to unleash any thunderstorms upon the Austrians tonight. Also my eyes are working correctly and those weren't shooting stars. 

Why am I always seeing strange things when I go for walks at night? Nobody I know ever sees anything but me! Come to think of it a lot of odd things happen to me all the time. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Dry lightning probably, atleast more probably than Thor joyriding again. :)

My mothers birthday is coming up, and I'm trying to figure out a cheeky present for her. Thinking about mowing her lawns, gathering all the cut grass into a carboard box and wrapping it up. Telling her I saved up for 6 months for the present when I give it to her will be the primer. :devil:

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thank you! I'm hoping I get it timed right and manage to keep my face still. :D

My grandmother is the last of april, my mother the first of may, but mothers day is the last day of May here in Sweden, so she's not quite that lucky. :p

In fact, mothers day is closer to my birthday.

There are far too many birthdays in may though, bloody crayfish parties! :<

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm on leave the whole of next week and I'm off to a wedding in the mountains on Thursday. I'm also going to Lusito Land tomorrow, its a Portuguese food, wine and cultural festival and it is always loads of fun

http://www.lusitoland.co.za/

And my laptop hard drive crashed this morning, it will be replaced Monday or Tuesday soI'll be using my gaming PC for forum updates which won't be as frequent :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trying to figure out vacation plans again after cancelling my Punta Cana trip because of my cousin's birthday and my trainer's wedding. My cousin decided to cancel her Vegas birthday bash but the resort in the Dominican Republic where we had previously booked is already sold out for the dates we are looking at. The missus still wants to do a resort but I've been looking at smaller boutique hotels and villas. It's hard trying to find something we both agree on that's still available and that's both adult only and all inclusive so we are starting to drop the all inclusive from requirement to a nice to have

Other than that nothing really going on this weekend

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Did taxes, owe money again. Leads me to believe payroll ****ed up again.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just did my daily garden patrol when I noticed that my biggest parsnip plant was missing. There was just a big hole and no trace of the parsnip, not even a single leaf.
I inspected the hole and there were no tunnels of voles, footprints or other signs of the usual suspects - root-eating animals. I've lost plants to animals before so I know how that looks like.

In fact, I don't even think it was an animal, the plant itself is rather poisonous so animals and insects avoid those parts like the plague, only the root (approx the size of a coke can, w/o the roots) itself is edible. Touching the leaves gives you a rash and eating them screws you up big time. 

I don't care so much about the plant, whats creepy is that someone must have walked around in my garden and pulled out a plant. Whats even more creepy is that it must have happened at night, I spent most of the day in my garden yesterday, when the plant was still there. 

I've always had the sneaking feeling that someone does enter my property from time to time to mess with my stuff, little things like missing garden tools, strange nosies at night, damaged plants, and all that. 

So, WTF?  :ermm:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Time to get security cameras! :p I'd be super paranoid if that happened to me...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You sure as hell would be, especially if you were living in a very rural area in the middle of nowhere with only 4 neighbors living there - which are all 500-1500 meters away. 

I haven't checked out the prices of security cams that have night vision capability, but I'm pretty sure they're too expensive.  My budget is really tight right now. Tight as in ''non-existent.'' 

Edited by Woldan

This whole weekend has been on and off rain, squashing and bike ride plans I had, so instead I've been hitting the weights.  Yesterday I did legs, today I did biceps.  Today was the hardest I've hit the weights since I got back into it a couple weeks ago.  Not nearly as hard as in my heyday, many years ago, but baby steps and all that.  I lifted weights regularly for about a decade straight, pretty hard for the first couple years, looking to build some muscle, and mainly just maintaining after that.  Over the past year I got lazy and got out of it, consequently getting out of shape and developing a bit of a gut.  Now I'm trying to get back to where I was a couple years ago.  It will be a lot harder than wehn I was younger, but it's all about persistence. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Waded through the labyrinth of Whole Foods. They don't have any good apples. Most displeasing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Waded through the labyrinth of Whole Foods. They don't have any good apples. Most displeasing.

What constitutes a good apple?  For me golden delicious are tops.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I like Pink Lady, Ginger Gold and Spartan. Pretty much extinct now based on the stores - got some Fujis, so that'll have to do.

Fujis baby. Nothing else compares!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Planned a trip to Vegas in two weeks with Lady GD. Should be fun.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Imo, the step down in amenities from an all inclusive resort to a villa / boutique will severely harsh your buzz.

Looks like we've settled on a secluded spot in Uvita, Costa Rica, it's not all inclusive but my wife has already fallen in love with it. It's pretty small with only five villas but I'm hopeful it will turn out okay

Free games updated 3/4/21

Cox's Pippins. For everything.

-Elwood Blues