What you did today

Tale

Strength training and a run. My legs feel like limp noodles.

I might actually have to start having more for breakfast then a pint of tea...

Cool! Glad to hear you're getting some phys. Let us know if it helps with your sleep problems.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I've been called a slightly uglier meathead version of Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Something tells me that this wasn't a compliment.

Must be the beard. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Completely lazy today. Woke up at 8, fed the dog, skipped breakfast, fell asleep on the couch while reading a book. Woke up again at 12:30, turned the baseball game on the radio, sat on couch on the porch, fell asleep while listening to the game. I woke up at 3, Rays were behind 6-2, turned off the game and fell back asleep. I just woke up again and I feel f'ing great! I guess I needed that. Lady GD will be home from work soon, time to cook up some dinner and wait for Game of Thrones & Penny Dreadful to come on. It was a great day.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

NothingDays.gif

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Indeed: happy Mother's Day. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Oh, god, jesus, the winds are here already. Two high-pressure systems are battling a stormy low-pressure spinning the opposite direction, and the entire conflagration is grinding hot wind and zero humidity from the Great Basin right into my window. Record-high mid-nineties at the coast, this week, all week, low-100s in the inland valleys. Air conditioning is ... not available, and I have to work outside with my Mexican friends. Well, more like acquaintances. If I don't come back, tell the Austrian I hope he finds an armed girlfriend, and the South African, a pleasantly bi-sexual feminist. Speaking of cats, where did Lady C disappear to ... :o  

• Like 5

All Stop. On Screen.

I've got a awesome day planned tomorrow, I'm going to a winter wine and food event where there loads of the best restaurants in South Africa hosting there gastronomic genius. Its in this open park and there will also be art and various sculptures on display :dancing:

http://www.wintersculpturefair.co.za/

Oh my hat, this event was amazing. We setup a camp on blankets and tried some excellent food and good wine. I am normally not a big wine drinker but I think I have changed my perspective. All my friends are into there wine and when I was drinking quality wine I could taste the difference in the various flavours. The secret to eating at events like this is not to eat too many large portions of food from the various stalls, so what you do is you share the food. That way you get to sample a larger variety. We ate oysters, springbok( a type of venison) spring rolls, pickled fish, duck pate, cheese platters, roasted rabbit and many other  yummy treats. I also bought some imported French Camembert cheese which I'll treat myself and eat later. What a good event and I'll definitely be at the next one :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh my hat, this event was amazing. We setup a camp on blankets and tried some excellent food and good wine. I am normally not a big wine drinker but I think I have changed my perspective. All my friends are into there wine and when I was drinking quality wine I could taste the difference in the various flavours. The secret to eating at events like this is not to eat too many large portions of food from the various stalls, so what you do is you share the food. That way you get to sample a larger variety. We ate oysters, springbok( a type of venison) spring rolls, pickled fish, duck pate, cheese platters, roasted rabbit and many other  yummy treats. I also bought some imported French Camembert cheese which I'll treat myself and eat later. What a good event and I'll definitely be at the next one :)

Shame on you and your bourgeois ways, Mr. Social Justice Warrior :p

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I've got a awesome day planned tomorrow, I'm going to a winter wine and food event where there loads of the best restaurants in South Africa hosting there gastronomic genius. Its in this open park and there will also be art and various sculptures on display :dancing:

http://www.wintersculpturefair.co.za/

I swear, Bruce is more like BruceSWPL* than BruceVC.. ;)

* http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Enjoying that Monday start where I get to go "ow. muscle ache. Need to keep stretching."

I should probably make an appointment with the Doctor just to cover the basics. The whole "Apart from getting blood pressure checked about 6 months back.. I haven't really seen a doctor for any check-ups as such in a decade." So before I really throw myself hard into Tough Mudder training, maybe it's an idea just to have that check up....

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Enjoying that Monday start where I get to go "ow. muscle ache. Need to keep stretching."

I should probably make an appointment with the Doctor just to cover the basics. The whole "Apart from getting blood pressure checked about 6 months back.. I haven't really seen a doctor for any check-ups as such in a decade." So before I really throw myself hard into Tough Mudder training, maybe it's an idea just to have that check up....

Indeed you should have seen the doctor first. I always thought that it was common knowledge that anyone over the age  age of 18 who starts a sport or rigorous training session should go to the doctor to ensure there are no underlying but unobvious health issues, like heart related

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Indeed, checking in with a doctor is a sensible precaution.  I find that when you start doing strenuous regular exercise, after not doing so for an extended period of time, you're going to feel extremely sore the day after, even two days after, in some cases, for a little while.  That will pass if you stick with it as your body gets used to it.  When I was in my 20s, it was generally only about a week and a half long period until my body adapted.  Now, in my late 30s, it took my body about 3 weeks to adapt, to the point where after strenuous lifting the day before I don't feel really sore the day after, it actually feels quite good.  Also, proper nutrition is always suggested with strenuous exercise.  That doesn't necessarily have to mean sucking down a protein shake (though that is an good, easy way to get a bunch of high quality protein quickly) and popping other supplements, but you should definitely at least eat a good hearty meal with a good bit of protein in it within an hour of finishing exercising.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oy Vey. Now considering that Tough Mudder is in the middle of August..  I can't get a regular appointment with the doctors.. until the 2nd week of June.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, where is LadyCrimson anyway,  I guess she's out enjoying the real world.  Getting warmer here, getting allergies which is odd as I've never really had them in the past.    Will have to battle dust again when I get home.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After seeing who won Eurovisions I realized, Austrians are basically the dwarves of Europe..

Conchita-Wurst-Austria-1.jpg

This also explains Woldan's obsession with heavy weaponry and axes.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

News reported that Australia won Eurovision, when talking about that guy.  Never thought that mistake actually happened in real life :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After seeing who won Eurovisions I realized, Austrians are basically the dwarves of Europe..

Conchita-Wurst-Austria-1.jpg

He has the skill and he won due to his talent,  but its a good step in the direction for equality and recognition around people who are different to most other people

John Milton 

snip

He has the skill and he won due to his talent,  but its a good step in the direction for equality and recognition around people who are different to most other people

Which is why they booed the Russian contestant; it seems that equality isn't for all after all.

Also, Giger is dead.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Polish entry was nice, I hear.  Bookstore near here is closing, so 50% off everything,  so might take a wander up there and see what's on.

The fact such a website even exists makes my brain want to crawl out of my ears and hide in some dark corner.

Unless it's a parody.

But it isn't a parody, is it? :(

Actually, it is. (And does a damn fine job at it, IMHO.)

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Stuff White People Like (sometimes known by the initialism SWPL) is a blog that takes a satirical aim at the interests of North American "left-leaning, city-dwelling, white folk". The blog was created in January 2008 by a white Canadian, Christian Lander, a Los Angeles copywriter who grew up in Toronto and graduated from McGill University in Montreal. Lander co-authored the site with his Filipino Canadian friend Myles Valentin,after Valentin teased Lander for watching the HBO television series The Wire.

It's pretty funny IMO but then again I usually do find light hearted racial humor funny

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21