Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

nobody will ever doppelganger vol.  first, am suspecting that nobody would wish to, but second, am not sure how one could do so.  if Gromnir attempts to be random like vol, we would string together gibberish and then pretend that it makes sense.

"And so he says to me, you want to be a bad guy? and I say Yeah Baby! I want to be bad! I says Churchill space ponies I'm making gravy without the lumps! Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!" -- The Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight

the thing is, you can tell that vol ain't trying to be random by design, and there is little fragments o' coherence mixed in with the doggerel that is distinctly vol.  some small part o' us questions whether or not vol is an act, but what would be the point?  is an enigma. not a particularly compelling enigma, but a mystery nonetheless.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Doggerel ... what a good word. Haven't heard that one since, maybe literature class(es).

You know at the end of this year, Inquisition and Pillars will be vying for my attention. DA first, probably, then PoE ... which means I have to play and finish Dragon Age in a romantic hurry in order to enjoy the hell out of the real game I've wanted since forever. Or 2012, which is the same thing.   

All Stop. On Screen.

up until mass effect 3, Gromnir purchased bio games contemporaneous with the first patching. this were no criticism of bioware as there were no pc games we would purchase earlier than a first patching.  the thing is, we waited a bit over a year to finally play me3 and our anticipation for that game were 'bout the same as we have for da:i.  

a game wherein we play an inquisitor has some unique appeal, for as much as enoch wants to punch riddlemeisters, Gromnir has always wanted to be able to say. "today, i smote heretics and ate apple pie." the fact that heretics is necessarily people and we find most forms o' violence to be barbaric does not change the fact that the idea of smiting with righteous indignation is on our bucket list... am thinking it is the word "smite" more than anything else.  after all, when does one get the chance to well and truly smite nowadays? 

unfortunately, bioware releases has become something we look forward to with the same verve as we does a michael bay film . is not as if we is gonna go to a cineplex and see a transformers or die hard movie on day 1, but if is on tv and it not happen to be conflicting with reruns o' mash or barney miller or a shamwow infomercial, we will take a peek. perhaps.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

a game wherein we play an inquisitor has some unique appeal

This is bioware, you'll be a PG inquisitor. 

Now if you want to play as an Inquisitor

Have you played that game, I saw it on GOG and it looks good?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I enjoyed it, but it's not a game for everyone. Lots of reading, slow pace, quite hard and no hand holding(poor journal). If you do play it, word of advice, pay attention to everything said in dialogue.

• Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

It's horrible, take my word for it.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

It's horrible, take my word for it.

What didn't you like about it?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It was a good idea, but ruined a bit by too much fantasy kitsch, in the colors and the flaming sword imo. Too much unnecessary drama in the picture. Seas boiling, sky is falling the ground burning etc.

Should have hired Brom or some such (I would if I had the money)

Fading_Suns_Cover_large.jpg?461

Its also kitsch in its own way but its less in your face.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well its better than most I've seen. Of course box art had a certain something when the boxes were large, now only the collectors editions look like a package should.

If that's a girl, then it clearly shows that she can lift. Just look how easily she holds the sword. That's what's most important.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well...beats eyes up, chin down, I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If that's a girl, then it clearly shows that she can lift. Just look how easily she holds the sword. That's what's most important.

I'm annoyed when I see girls lifting swords with skinny ass arms. Put some meat on them, Jesus. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

picture is 'posed to look "epic," right? 

box art and the game's title is neck-and-neck on our list o' concerns regarding development... somewheres near very bottom of the list.

HA! Good Fun!

Unless they go back to large 90s style boxes, it's just going to look like a dude and a black stormcloud or other generic black blob. Heck, I thought they were bats on first glance. I guess that makes it versatile art, you could replace the text with any other fantasy game past or future and it wouldn't look out of place.

Still, I won't complain that they got rid of the flowing blood motif of the previous games.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think it's a girl.

Romance option?

• Like 1

John Milton 

Oh wow I didn't notice the dragon outline right above the outstretched hand, there. Clever, hiding it in the descending Fade. I'm glad too, they look to be dropping the blood theme. 

Oh Jesus I forgot what the previous one was. This is a Da Vinci by comparison