Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. A great landing is one you can use the aircraft again.

i pushed too hard on the brakes on this landing... i didnt think that keeping the brakes on for the last 10mph before stoping would have that effect

speaking of planes, i heard a really stupid comment from an "expert" on a documentary about fighters: "the F-22 is faster, more agile and more stealthy than it needs to be, out-performing all other aircraft... and that makes it more expensive. so it is a bad plane". 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

It is true that the F-22 was prohibitively expensive to manufacture.  I wouldn't say that makes it a bad fighter, just an impractical one.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In fairness, the F-22's flyaway costs would have been reined in as the program became more mature (as has been the case with the F-22's direct predecessors) and the USAF had gotten the at least 381 airframes they requested (as if Congress tried to put a finer point on the issue, they ordered production to halt at 183). It is rather unfortunate given that if it was decided that the United States military needed more F-22s, then restarting production would NOT be cheap, or easy. That would mean restarting factories and re-hiring subcontractors in as many as 44 states, and even after that was done it would take as long as three years for the first F-22 to roll off the assembly line. So it will be quite likely these 183 Raptors will be the last and only F-22s in existence.

Ive also seen it said that the F-22 is unnecessary because the F-15 is undefeated in actual air to air combat. IMO, its vitally important to stay on the cutting edge of technology, and as Ricky Bobby once said, "If you aint first, youre last".

While the F-15s, F/A-18s, and F-35s that will fill out the ranks of the USAF and the Navy are still fine aircraft in their own rights, and contrary to hawkish scaremongering another open war between the great world powers isn't inevitable, or even likely, having more F-22s means the difference between parity or near-parity with their biggest rivals and the 8:1 kill ratios the American aviators traditionally enjoyed, and deterring its rivals from testing those 8:1 odds. 

Small comfort that as a result of the worldwide recession armaments programs of other countries boasting high-quality equipment has proven as restrictively expensive for the next biggest competitors as it has for the US military.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Guest Slinky

Ahh, Vegas...

Relaxing at the Boomer's bar, courtesy of NVInteriors  :thumbsup:

Which visual mods are you using? I like the look of your game.

Taking a guess the improved textures are from NMC's Texture Pack. Was the sun that intense in vanilla game? If not, it's probably from Nevada Skies. The HC mode need meters are most likely from One HUD.

And now I feel like reinstalling the game once again.

Edited by Slinky

Taking a guess the improved textures are from NMC's Texture Pack. Was the sun that intense in vanilla game? If not, it's probably from Nevada Skies. The HC mode need meters are most likely from One HUD.

And now I feel like reinstalling the game once again.

Yeah me too, so I did, with the mods you guessed and it looks very similar.. so spot on :)

and an enb of course..

So enter Ross and Farsight (the out of focus dog behind him)..

nJTjEpe.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Ahh, Vegas...

Relaxing at the Boomer's bar, courtesy of NVInteriors  :thumbsup:

Which visual mods are you using? I like the look of your game.

The visuals are all vanilla, other than Darn's UI, OneHUD and NVinteriors.  New Vegas can be really pretty if you catch it from the right angle :)

*edit*

Just out of interest, how often does the game crash for you guys?  Normally NV is pretty stable for me but this time round I'm getting a crash every 5-10 hours...which is still great for a Bethesda engine I suppose.

Edited by WDeranged

About the same for me I'd say.. But vanilla I never got any issued, with the DLCs and mods though..

I had mods and DLC last time but it wasn't quite this bad, though I was rushing the main game and gorging on DLC so maybe it just wasn't as noticeable.

nobody wants to play Arma 3 with me anymore, so I'm reduced to fooling around in single player.

a32.jpg

flying...

a31.jpg

...roleplaying as US Army Special Forces....

a33.jpg

...testing unfinished addons. fun stuff  :geek:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that's largely due to how ShackTac chooses to play, though. on public servers it's not nearly as well organized. and most public servers run Altis Life or Wasteland anyway

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The game is on...

d3ZZA20.jpg

...and he dashes for the ball:

6cjrhwa.jpg

The pass is intercepted!

ANbkHNx.jpg

Ouch, if he wasn't a robot, that would have hurt!

ZcpeFzX.jpg

He is running for the end zone...

gWFnpw4.jpg

And Touchdown!

dyJ4X2V.jpg

Melkathi takes the lead and wins the match!

gAbbFss.jpg

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

how is it? I loved Frozen Synapse. 

Walsingham said: