RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Good chance it's another hoax.  I'll wait for an official announcement from Bethesda, whenever that happens.  Until then, I'll just assume Fallout 4 doesn't exist, though obviously Bethesda will make (or at least publish) it at some point.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Super-optimist hat again: hopefully TESO is such a massive runaway hit that it fully consumes Bethesda's attention the way WoW did for Blizzard, leaving them no time to do Fallout and leading to them outsourcing it.

Too late, they already outsourced it to Zenimax Online Studios. Bethesda's only publishing the game, so their developers are free.

ZOS was founded to get into MMOs, yes, but not by Bethesda; they were created by Zenimax, Beth's parent company. Since they're both subsidiaries of Zenimax, they share the Elder Scrolls IP, but they're different companies with different teams.

Also, they're located about fifty miles apart. Would be a big building.

Edited by TSBasilisk

ZOS was founded to get into MMOs, yes, but not by Bethesda; they were created by Zenimax, Beth's parent company. Since they're both subsidiaries of Zenimax, they share the Elder Scrolls IP, but they're different companies with different teams.

Also, they're located about fifty miles apart. Would be a big building.

Ah interesting.  So Zenimax shares the building with Bethesda, but the MMO developer is setup in another spot.  

I consider that to be good news, it means they will likely be continuing to develop all the single player RPG's no matter what happenes to the MMO.

The BGS/Zenimax and ZOS buildings are linked by a sewer filled with radiation and ghouls.

• Like 6

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Super-optimist hat again: hopefully TESO is such a massive runaway hit that it fully consumes Bethesda's attention the way WoW did for Blizzard, leaving them no time to do Fallout and leading to them outsourcing it.

They'd just troll people by giving it to Gearbox or something.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

- "I used to be a lone wanderer like you, then I took a plasma shot in the knee."

- [iNTELLIGENCE] So you took a plasma shot in the knee?

I laughed way more at this than I should have.

Mainly because it's not that far from the reality of a lot of the dialogue.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

- "I used to be a lone wanderer like you, then I took a plasma shot in the knee."

- [iNTELLIGENCE] So you took a plasma shot in the knee?

I laughed way more at this than I should have.

Mainly because it's not that far from the reality of a lot of the dialogue.

Now combine this with a voiced protagonist for Fallout Effect 4. I'm sure someone can work a dialog wheel into that! ;-)

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "going full codexian" mean?  I can only assume it has something to do with RPGCodex.

Yeah. I'd say this is pretty accurate portrayal of a full fledged codexian:

dwarfrage.gif

Assuming there are some cavemen out there who don't already have them all.

welp, I had them on CDs at some point, but those are long gone, so this giveaway is a great stimulus to replay Tactics again (I think it's a criminally underrated game, certainly better than FO3)

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "going full codexian" mean?  I can only assume it has something to do with RPGCodex.

Yeah. I'd say this is pretty accurate portrayal of a full fledged codexian:

It is rather a churlish site. Prefer RPGWatch myself.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."