RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

wow  :w00t: although, release in May 2013... doesn't look too good

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

turns out Venetica is available on GamersGate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VENETICA/venetica

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"Eventually" being the operative word.  With Greenlight who knows when it will actually see the digital light of day.

turns out Venetica is available on GamersGate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VENETICA/venetica

Sweet.  Once my backlog clears up (2016? :shifty: ) I'll look to scoop this up so that I can play it again and have a digital copy.  :thumbsup:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nintendo cuts Wii U sales forecast by 69 percent

Nintendo is in a world of trouble, and it's not clear what might change its luck.

The game company on Friday announced that it needs to revise its Wii U sales expectations from an anticipated 9 million units sold between April 2013 and March 2014 to 2.8 million units during that period -- a 69 percent drop compared with previous estimates
Wii U software sales, meanwhile, were halved in the modification, with Nintendo now saying that it expects software sales to hit 19 million units, rather than the 38 million it initially expected.

The trouble isn't just with the Wii U. Nintendo has revised its 3DS sales down to 13.5 million units, compared with 18 million in its previous forecast. Nintendo won't even hit the 2 million Wii units it had hoped to sell, saying instead that it will only muster 1.2 million unit sales during the period.

Nintendo's admission of trouble is no surprise to those who have been watching the game industry closely. Each month, the Wii U has failed to capture consumer attention in the US, and competing consoles have been doing a far better job appealing to gamers.

Not surprisingly, all this has forced Nintendo to revise its financials down. The company now says that it will lose 25 billion yen ($240 million). Nintendo previously hoped to generate a 55 billion yen profit.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Nintendo cuts Wii U sales forecast by 69 percent

Nintendo is in a world of trouble, and it's not clear what might change its luck.

The game company on Friday announced that it needs to revise its Wii U sales expectations from an anticipated 9 million units sold between April 2013 and March 2014 to 2.8 million units during that period -- a 69 percent drop compared with previous estimates

Wii U software sales, meanwhile, were halved in the modification, with Nintendo now saying that it expects software sales to hit 19 million units, rather than the 38 million it initially expected.

The trouble isn't just with the Wii U. Nintendo has revised its 3DS sales down to 13.5 million units, compared with 18 million in its previous forecast. Nintendo won't even hit the 2 million Wii units it had hoped to sell, saying instead that it will only muster 1.2 million unit sales during the period.

Nintendo's admission of trouble is no surprise to those who have been watching the game industry closely. Each month, the Wii U has failed to capture consumer attention in the US, and competing consoles have been doing a far better job appealing to gamers.

Not surprisingly, all this has forced Nintendo to revise its financials down. The company now says that it will lose 25 billion yen ($240 million). Nintendo previously hoped to generate a 55 billion yen profit.

that's what happens when your next gen console is about as powerful as your competitors last-gen systems, and you do a terrible job of marketing it. A co-workers sister bought a Wii-U controller all excited that they made a touchscreen controller for her Wii. And she's not the only one making that kind of mistake.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You could say the same for the Wii, not that much more powerful than a Xbox or GCN, and that sold better than both the PS3 and Xbox360. I think this is what happens when you try to fool people twice and how mainstream adoption can be extremely fickle. At least in my opinion the Wii was a fad that was really ****, and people are just going to assume the WiiU is more of the same, but they're also not the people buying the other consoles anyway. People wanted motion controls, until they used them. People want touchscreen games, but for some time they've owned tablets and smartphones, they also want ****ty touchscreen games, which Nintendo can't corner the market on.

The Wii was great because it had casual, atypical gamer appeal.

The thing is, I don't think you can market to them the same as the traditional gaming community. Many of them are still okay with their Wii, and don't see a reason to buy the Wii-U.

• Like 2

I want to play modern Nintendo games, but then I see that screen/button/stick/pad "controller" thing and suddenly I feel like a consumer Nintendo is not selling to. Why can't they save the gimmicks for peripheral sales and give me a flagship hardware unit with power, storage, and a comfy controller. I think car companies call it a halo effect. 

All Stop. On Screen.

The Wii was great because it had casual, atypical gamer appeal.

The thing is, I don't think you can market to them the same as the traditional gaming community. Many of them are still okay with their Wii, and don't see a reason to buy the Wii-U.

I think that is exactly it. For many of my aunts and uncles, it was the first console they bought since their kids were kids. It was the first console my sister bought. It was the one our girlfriends wanted to play. They've also basically replaced it with their tablets and smart phones, and those don't take up their TV's so they can also have some show or sporting event on there as well while they play.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

New Call of Cthulhu game announced: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/17/call-of-cthulhu-videogame-call-of-cthulhu-the-videogame/

Really hope it's not just a point-and-click, though all indications so far are that it is.

Edit: Also, new demo of Histwar (Napoleonic war simulation) is available, much prettier than the old one : http://www.histwar.com/game/demo.html

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

New Call of Cthulhu game announced: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/17/call-of-cthulhu-videogame-call-of-cthulhu-the-videogame/

Really hope it's not just a point-and-click, though all indications so far are that it is.

Edit: Also, new demo of Histwar (Napoleonic war simulation) is available, much prettier than the old one : http://www.histwar.com/game/demo.html

That Cthulhu game has potential

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wow, what incredible amount of info about that Cthulhu-game. I mind is buckling from too much knowledge. Please, no more info before release.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

feminismagain.jpg

This makes sense because in some of  these games, particularly games from the east, the breast sizes are completely disproportionate to the size of the women. This is a positive step in the campaign to address the objectification of ladies in games.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Company of Heroes 2 is free to play all weekend on Steam, and all the DLC commanders are unlocked too.

If you are interested send me a PM and I shall feast on fresh meat.

I downloaded this and am giving it a whirl.

alanschu14 on Steam.

You could say the same for the Wii, not that much more powerful than a Xbox or GCN, and that sold better than both the PS3 and Xbox360. I think this is what happens when you try to fool people twice and how mainstream adoption can be extremely fickle. At least in my opinion the Wii was a fad that was really ****, and people are just going to assume the WiiU is more of the same, but they're also not the people buying the other consoles anyway. People wanted motion controls, until they used them. People want touchscreen games, but for some time they've owned tablets and smartphones, they also want ****ty touchscreen games, which Nintendo can't corner the market on.

Yeah, the Wii was crap. A fad. I'll never forget my local paper having an article that kept calling it the "Ninnento Weave".  

The graphics look really good and all that, but I can really feel how the game would bore me to death already after just two days.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You might want to skip WIldstar no matter the breast size, unless you think vanlilla WoW was the bestest thing ever. The game is really clearly aimed at old WoW players.

And to weirdos who are into that bunny/fox furry crap.