RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Think he means The Descent the film. Kinda agree.

I think that was the worst movie I ever saw. Or at the very best tied with The Hulk.

I will never forgive the person who suggested we watch it in the cinema.

Him and the two jokers who dragged me to watch Terminator 3.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

At least you didn't pay to see xXx

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think that was the worst movie I ever saw. Or at the very best tied with The Hulk.

Terminator 3 is the one with the girl terminator and the girl from My So Called Life, right?  That wasn't nearly as bad as Terminator 4.

• Like 2

Terminator 3 is the one with the girl terminator and the girl from My So Called Life, right?  That wasn't nearly as bad as Terminator 4.

T3 is actually halfway decent, it's just that T2, quite possibly the best 90s action blockbuster, set the bar so incredibly high that T3 looks like a steaming pile of dog poo in comparison.

[thread re-railing]In video game news of the random variety here are some Lords of the Fallen screenies:

old_monastery_01_s-noscale.jpg

old_monastery_02_s-noscale.jpg

[/thread re-railing]

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There's no such thing as a bad Terminator in my opinion. It's just that some are a fair bit better than others. Kinda like Die Hard. I'd watch Die Hard 2 & 5 over a lot of other movies, but 1, 3 & 4 were better than those two.

I kinda wish they would finish the Salvation series though. Let us know how the war ended.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

They do however want to maintain the feel of the online game. Now when you start a new offline city, they will automatically sandwich your city between two other computer generated cities shaped like (and I'll use the medical term here;) penises.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

This game looks good.  Any thoughts on release?  This year?  I'm assuming PS4, XOne, PC?

Yes all those platforms and its suppose to be released December 2014

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My problem with Lords of the Fallen is that they have shown literally zero gameplay so far.  Sure, the screenshots and artwork look nice, but they don't tell me anything at all about how the game will play.  Can a brother get a gameplay trailer?  I mean, they should at the very least have a vertical slice by now.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My problem with Lords of the Fallen is that they have shown literally zero gameplay so far.  Sure, the screenshots and artwork look nice, but they don't tell me anything at all about how the game will play.  Can a brother get a gameplay trailer?  I mean, they should at the very least have a vertical slice by now.

I share your concern, a trailer would be appreciated :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What, you don't know what the gameplay is like when they keep mentioning Dark Souls in almost every interview with nothing to back their claims?

I mean, emulating the kind of feeling Dark Souls gives you when you play it, is an easy and straightforward task right? RIGHT? ...right?

What, you don't know what the gameplay is like when they keep mentioning Dark Souls in almost every interview with nothing to back their claims?

I mean, emulating the kind of feeling Dark Souls gives you when you play it, is an easy and straightforward task right? RIGHT? ...right?

Name dropping Dark Souls is the fashionable thing to do these days.  This game is part this and part Dark Souls.  We take inspiration from Dark Souls.  It's sort of like a cross between Dark Souls and this other game.  If I had the programming skill I'd be tempted to make a visual novel dating simulator with ponies and magical cat people and advertise it as "taking elements from by Dark Souls".

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Name dropping Dark Souls is the fashionable thing to do these days.  This game is part this and part Dark Souls.  We take inspiration from Dark Souls.  It's sort of like a cross between Dark Souls and this other game.  If I had the programming skill I'd be tempted to make a visual novel dating simulator with ponies and magical cat people and advertise it as "taking elements from by Dark Souls".

Mate, I know quite well that it's the hip thing to do today, but even with that Lords of the Fallen is going mental with the Dark Souls name drops
  • Like 1

Lords-of-The-Fallen-Screenshot-01.jpg

Breaking Bad: a Medieval Tale

This is the game Gop is working on, there should be more known about it.

Is that the one where the mountainous body of a dead god divides the gameworld? Looks more Darksider's than Dark Soul's from what i've seen so far, but I agree Thomas Gop makes it worth keeping an ear open for news.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Need to google that thing, because as of right now, I've never heard about it.

Ditto.

Oh, and the ipad version of BG2EE came out yesterday.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Need to google that thing, because as of right now, I've never heard about it.

The way they talked about it, it's basically a Dark Souls clone with ability trees, and, going by the screenshots, a more realistically rendered Darksiders/WoW 90s-comic book art style, which is imo pretty ugly (that kind of art style only works when you're willing to go all the way with the stylization, IMO). They haven't really released any gameplay footage yet though.

Yeah, it's being made by Tomasz Gop (he's the executive producer) and Deck 13.  Gop was a senior producer on Twitcher2, which gives me hope for the game, or, if you're like Dudanae, likely means you want him to burn in hell for all eternity.  Not much is known about the game beyond it being a single player action RPG, being combat focused, and them namedropping "Dark Souls" more often than people google image search "Kate Upton".

As an aside, I keep hoping Deck 13 makes another Venetica game, though I'm probably the only person on the planet that really liked that game.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Venetica was great. Half a miracle that was made in crappy OGRE.

Holy mackarel, I'm not the only one who really liked that game.  :o

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I liked Venetica  :unsure: but then my PC died with my install, and I don't have access to my installation disk anymore...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I liked Venetica  :unsure: but then my PC died with my install, and I don't have access to my installation disk anymore...

That sucks.  I think I still have my disc somewhere...  maybe.  Too bad it's not on Steam or GOG.  I'd buy it again just to have it digitally (I'm pretty much done buying physical discs).  I wonder if Desura or some other digital distributor has it?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸