What are you playing now?

Gorth

Damn you, now i'm bored again. This was supposed to go one for a few more posts. :(

Guess i'll go back to grinding the same enemy again and again and again in NNK. Where it's passable at best. :|

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I was sitting here thinking "oh man, I'll play some Dark Souls when I get home."

Then I remembered my computer is dead and I don't want to play the PS3 version without Abyss. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My sniper chick saved my bacon a half dozen times on that last mission.  She was staked out on a roof top, and usually I'd set her to Overwatch if no enemies were in sight at the time of her move.  Aliens would then drop down and try and attack my guys on the ground, but she kept picking them off from quite a distance away.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Candy Crush Saga. Damn the person who told me I should try it!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

WoW mainly, while I decide on something else to play.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Candy Crush Saga. Damn the person who told me I should try it!

I've been told about it too, but I've been strong in staying away.  Same with Borderlands (very different type of game but seemingly same level of addictiveness), I've stayed strong and stayed away.  I don't want to get hooked on video game heroin.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was sitting here thinking "oh man, I'll play some Dark Souls when I get home."

Then I remembered my computer is dead and I don't want to play the PS3 version without Abyss. :(

Hey Tale, have the fixed the PC version?

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Hey Tale, have the fixed the PC version?

Define "fixed." I played through it just fine with no mods using my 360 pad.

Some people prefer to use DSfix for additional graphics options, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing XCOM.  Apparently my sniper is incredibly vain.  She used to hit everything, including shots from seemingly across the map with little chance of actually hitting.  But since I decided to change her hair style, she's missing easy shots constantly.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Unreal Tournament 3. I've had it on my computer for years though I never really played it because I rather played UT99. That kind of changed today, I gave UT3 another chance and now that I set up the controls perfectly I actually like it The graphics are beautiful and it plays fluid with lots of fps. Looking for mods and maps now. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Been playing The Last Remnant and jumping across the frozen lake in Neverwinter, now I think I'll switch back to Drakensang 2 and finish it off.  I'm not sure how close I am to the end, but my characters seem pretty dang powerful so I have a hunch I can't be that far from the end.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They really don't give you any opportunities to level up more than one group of 4 or 5 soldiers in XCOM, do they.  Unless I just did it wrong by bringing along the same quartet for the first few missions.

I find injuries plus the operative in Exalt missions, plus the occasional mission reward troopers, add enough so that the occasional KIA doesn't horribly wreck you. But in the event of full squad wipes, yeah, you might find SHIVs (particularly alloy ones) to be game savers. The only time I deliberately take a rookie is when the alternative is a low-ranking sniper (or latterly, any second sniper since I limit myself to one).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I played Crusader Kings 2 for like two hours for the first time ever, and managed to get my son married in a few weeks, along with some bribes and troop/levy adjustments. This game will take a loooong time, and still I play it all in Ironman Mode! It's fun in a bizarre way already! :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Squad strategy on missions is a breeze for me.  What I'm finding the most difficult thing is micromanaging all the various things to research/build back at HQ.  It seems like time just goes by so fast that I'm constantly behind.  The satellite coverage aspect is one of my major issues.  It just takes forever just to even build the satellites and uplinks, and in doing so I never have time/assets to build the other facilities to improve my soldier's weapons/armor/etc.