RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Seems simple to me , he's describing an argument that because one dislikes DRM although it is due to risk of it being intrusive of interfering with one's PC that one must be pro-pirate and therefore a thief.

Yeah.

Basically people keep confusing those who are looking to justify their piracy (and who'd most likely simply find a different excuse for their piracy) with the people who actually are against DRM, believing it does more harm than good.

One of the Shadowrun moderators for example went as far as saying that it was a good thing Shadowrun Returns was a Steam exclusive, because if it was released on GOG, then it would be pirated. Because GOG=piracy if you didn't know...

I must confess it was the one situation where I was tempted to download and seed a pirated version of the game simply because of such... ach must not get upset :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I must confess it was the one situation where I was tempted to download and seed a pirated version of the game simply because of such... ach must not get upset :)

You don't have to pirate an actual game. Just the crack.

I actually have an archive of them on my pc for the future should an outdated online-drm prevent my old games from working.

It's another thing that makes DRM ridiculous. The actual pirate of the game doesn't have to deal with the drm problem AT ALL, since the release group has to bypass or remove said drm in the first place for the game to work.

As much as I dislike the concept I think Achievements have done more against piracy in a year than overly intrusive drm in its entire existence.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 2

I actually have an archive of them on my pc for the future should an outdated online-drm prevent my old games from working.

I wish I had done that.

Out of a whim a couple of years ago I re-installed Bet On Soldier. It wasn't a very good game, but the fact that you would get cash pop-ups based on your kill shots, and the whole reality tv thing they had going, gave it a bit of a Running Man atmosphere. And while Arnold movies are terrible, some of the old ones had some charm. A windows 7 conflict with the old Securom killed my computer. Took me two days to get it working again.

But now that some of those games are really old, it gets hard finding cracks for them.

At least I found a Chaos League: Sudden Death crack.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The yesterday's tease pic for Walking Dead season 2 was just for a reveal trailer.

Still no release date, just "before christmas" in the faq. Turns out the player is Clementine this season.

It's up for pre-purchase on Steam. But they too only have a Comming Soon.

the walking dead trailer reminding me of all the feels

;(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Holy crap, Project Eternity has a name!

Ooh, that was sneaky!  :biggrin:

Holy crap, Project Eternity has a name!

So what is it?

Nevermind.

Come on guys, if you're going to do that at least mention the name.

Pillars of Eternity.

• Like 1

I found out very recently that Reality Pump are working on a Assassin's Creed 4 Risen 2 killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFkH5_Che1M

Holy smokes, this somehow looks even worse than Two Worlds 2 (but at least the title isn't as terrible).  Considering how awful both Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2 were, that's quite the achievement.  Nothing says fun like "cinematic", presumable QTE-based, combat!  What are the chances that you're out to save your sister in this one?  50%?  75%?  90%?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

...awful both Two Worlds...

Shut up! Two Worlds was awesome! It was like armour-Pokemon: gotta collect'em all!

I would have gone with "You shut your dirty mouth!", it has a better ring to it.  There is a definite contingent of people that really like Two Worlds.  I'm not sure if that's because of the unintentional comedy factor, which admittedly is off the charts, or they actually like it on a serious level, which I have a hard time digesting.  Either way, more power to you.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

EA lost $273 million last quarter

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/435897/ea-posts-273m-loss-for-the-quarter/

I for one, hope to see them bankrupt.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

That's not happening anytime soon. As for publishers I'd like to just disappear - Ubisoft is mine :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Avadon 2: The Corruption is out today.  It's available on GOG right now and, I imagine, will likely be available on Steam in 45 minutes or so.  I have a lot of respect for Jeff Vogel, but, for whatever reason, I could never get into any of his games, despite liking that kind of old school stuff.  Still, there is a stubbornness inside me that will likely compel me to get this game eventually.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That's not happening anytime soon. As for publishers I'd like to just disappear - Ubisoft is mine :lol:

Not before they release Beyond Good and Evil 2, after that, I don't much care what happens to them.

(Though Watch Dogs is shaping up to look pretty impressive)

But tell me, aside from sports games, which I could not care less about, what was the last qualitatively good game EA released?

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Avadon 2: The Corruption is out today.  It's available on GOG right now and, I imagine, will likely be available on Steam in 45 minutes or so.  I have a lot of respect for Jeff Vogel, but, for whatever reason, I could never get into any of his games, despite liking that kind of old school stuff.  Still, there is a stubbornness inside me that will likely compel me to get this game eventually.

You are looking at the wrong old-school game.

THIS is the game you're looking for: http://basiliskgames.com/eschalon-book-iii

It will even come with a game editor this time. I can barely wait!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!