What are you playing now?

Gorth

Made an adventuring party in Card Hunter:

Battlebiscuit the Warrior

Wizwaffle the Wizard

Clericalcookie the Priest

It's an all dwarven party called SlowFood. Ok, you can't give parties names but that would be its name if it had one.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Has the combat improved for GTA V?  IMO, combat is the weakest and most annoying/frustrating aspect of GTA games.  This wouldn't necessarily be such an issue if combat (especially shooting) wasn't such a huge part of a lot of the missions.  I gave up on GTA IV for this very reason.

Yes it feels more fluid, especially the run and gun makes you feel like you're playing a 3rd person Call of Duty game. The cover system also makes a return

Made an adventuring party in Card Hunter:

Battlebiscuit the Warrior

Wizwaffle the Wizard

Clericalcookie the Priest

It's an all dwarven party called SlowFood. Ok, you can't give parties names but that would be its name if it had one.

Nice.  Mine is:

Sven Bjorntorg - Human Warrior

Anvilor von Hammerstein - Dwarf Wizard

Grizzelda Lil'Rock - Dwarf Priest

If I could name the party it would be called Norse & Carnage.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So i'm the only one who won't pick up a GTA  game? ever?

Nah.  There are probably some people in Siberia that have never played a GTA game also.  ;)

Yes I'm sure there are also some people on the moon who have never played a GTA game before :biggrin:

I don't live in Siberia or the moon and have never played a GTA game.

I'm not against them on principle, but there's nothing that I've ever read about them and no trailer I've ever seen that makes me think I'd actually like them. 

It doesn't help that I haven't really liked the other Rockstar games I have played, either.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So i'm the only one who won't pick up a GTA  game? ever?

Nah.  There are probably some people in Siberia that have never played a GTA game also.  ;)

Yes I'm sure there are also some people on the moon who have never played a GTA game before :biggrin:

I don't live in Siberia or the moon and have never played a GTA game.

I'm not against them on principle, but there's nothing that I've ever read about them and no trailer I've ever seen that makes me think I'd actually like them. 

It doesn't help that I haven't really liked the other Rockstar games I have played, either.

What !!! Seriously...no Rockstar games?

And you aren't even mildly interested in GTA V ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have no interest in GTA V.

For the record the only Rockstar games I've played was The Warriors and Red Dead Redemption, neither of which I'd recommend.

EDIT: actually thinking about it, I played a preview of Red Dead Revolver and thought it terrible too.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Has the combat improved for GTA V?  IMO, combat is the weakest and most annoying/frustrating aspect of GTA games.  This wouldn't necessarily be such an issue if combat (especially shooting) wasn't such a huge part of a lot of the missions.  I gave up on GTA IV for this very reason.

Yes it feels more fluid, especially the run and gun makes you feel like you're playing a 3rd person Call of Duty game. The cover system also makes a return

That might be enough to convince me to buy it.  Though I still have a backlog of games, so it won't be immediately.  But if the combat is better, then at least it's on my radar.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Disappointed by the Wii-watered down version of La-Mulana, which I only bought because A.) 256 deserves money for all the fun I had with the original free Windows game and B. the original free Windows game doesn't work on versions of Windows higher than XP.

One of the best aspects of the original game is that there was no apparent story except "loot some ruins," but as you explore further and further things get weirder and more haunting as you pick up every little clue hidden around the ruins.

Haven't played a single Rockstar game yet, myself. And GTA always seemed to be a game series with little appeal to my tastes, since I'm not into the whole underworld/gang/mob boss type scenarios, let alone vehicular gameplay. :)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

GTA: San Andreas was highly educational and helped me learn a new language. I used to be an ignorant redneck cracka but now I'm down with the homeys, know what an OG is and can impress people by discussing Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube and their place in popularising the rap and hip hop oeuvre. Also very useful for watching that documentary series on urban and police life in Baltimore, without it I suspect I would have been trying to set the DVD language to english.

So Rockstar games are not just over the top chav simulators, they're also culturally enriching.

• Like 1

red dead redemption is a game you might really enjoy  (this aimed at ladycrimson)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

that documentary series on urban and police life in Baltimore, without it I suspect I would have been trying to set the DVD language to english.

heh, this.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

red dead redemption is a game you might really enjoy  (this aimed at ladycrimson)

I don't think she likes those kind of cats.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think she has a console.

Heh  the only(or am i wrong?)  game that Rockstar didn't bring to PC. :(

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Red Dead - yeah, if that one was on PC I would have tried it. It looked potentially fun. But it wasn't, so.... If GTA (or a lot of games, actually) was set in ancient Rome, with chariots instead of cars or something like that, then maybe. Just not into modern urban settings. Or modern-gear jungle combat. etc.

NW:Online - almost have 12,000 gear score now, and that's without having all lvl7 enchants. Divine and action points go back up sooper fast and I kick butt...for a cleric, anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started playing Grim Dawn alpha again since the B12 release came.  The B12 release fixes the framerate stutter, introduces new NPC faces, and has a bunch of balancing changes.  The beta should be out in a couple of months, and the next mastery is likely only a month away (Squee!).  For the time being, I started up a new character.  I'm going pure Occultist with this one.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Red Dead is, like I mentioned before, Anachronisms: The Game. It's fun, but it's still got the staple Rockstar sense of self-importance and the delusion that they're producing a cinematic production on the level of a Sergio Leone Western. It's pretty sparse, though, it's not a crime game like GTA if you stick to the story. Of course, you're always free to hogtie a nun and drop her on the train tracks. And then wait 20 minutes for the train to finally show up to fulfill your moustache-twirling fantasies. It still suffers from myriad bugs, glitches and freezes, though. I feel like an open world Western game could be phenomenal if executed more properly.

The most enjoyable part of the game, for me, was just the scenery in Mexico, which was actually the scenery of Utah's Monument Valley. I still get morally questionable dreams imagining New Vegas with that graphical quality. Just trotting around in a poncho, killing the occasional obvious horse thief, was quite relaxing. Almost as good as a real vacation in the Southwest, albeit without getting to shoot the hundreds of horse thieves just sitting around trying to play the same trick over and over (guilt free killing at least.)

Bug stories from PS3: Audio bugs out, have to restart the game. Game freezes constantly, have to turn off the console. Mount horse, horse proceeds to walk off a cliff into water which John Belm-arston is allergic to, both of us die unceremoniously.

Rambling tangent: John Marston is certainly, without a doubt, a Belmont, given his reaction to contact with water (instant death.) Ironic, considering the desert setting of most of the game, where water is kind of vital to survival.

Red Dead - yeah, if that one was on PC I would have tried it. It looked potentially fun. But it wasn't, so.... If GTA (or a lot of games, actually) was set in ancient Rome, with chariots instead of cars or something like that, then maybe. Just not into modern urban settings. Or modern-gear jungle combat. etc.

NW:Online - almost have 12,000 gear score now, and that's without having all lvl7 enchants. Divine and action points go back up sooper fast and I kick butt...for a cleric, anyway.

I don't know about Grand Theft Chariot, really. Could be interesting, could be terrible. Well, it would be more like Grand Theft Oxcart, chariots were pretty primitive by the height of Rome. A Simcityish game set in the ancient world would be interesting, though.

Edited by AGX-17

I don't know about Grand Theft Chariot, really. Could be interesting, could be terrible. Well, it would be more like Grand Theft Oxcart, chariots were pretty primitive by the height of Rome. A Simcityish game set in the ancient world would be interesting, though.

GT Oxcart. :lol:

It would probably be a different sort of game in certain things, of course. And it doesn't have to be ancient Rome. Could be an alien planet,  too.

Oh LadyC just to let you know one of options in GTA V is to play as a house cat that has to survive in the city against your typical urban challengers, like dogs and the SPCA who try to catch you and put you in captivity  :cat:

I BET now you interested in this game, am I right or am I right ????

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela