What are you playing now?

Pidesco

The only "gripe" I've had with Bioware/EA in that regard was the rather blatant sales kiosk in your camp in DA:O (that big shining, attention grabbing symbol above his head, a constant reminder that you hadn't bought some irrelevant addon).

Can't get to try out EU IV before I get home from work. It's going to be a looong day.

Yeah I hated the guy in my camp who told me all about this important quest, and then asked for my credit card number.  But thankfully Bioware hasn't repeated that type of DLC store since.

You guys are haters of Capitalism and a good family man. Didn't he have his son with him? Don't begrudge someone who is trying to provide for his kids when the world is faced with serious issues like  the rise of demonic powers that could annihilate all living creatures...what about his retirement annuity?  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

PAYDAY 2 just came out, definitely a must-have for anyone who likes occasional multiplayer games, and is tired of all the casual crap out there these days.  I'll be playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on launch for sure.  

lol'd at EA Humblebundle.  Everything but two games in that are terrible, I'll save my money.

I have declassified pre-ordered for £21 with the pre-order DLC (don't give a crap), Spec ops: The Line and the X-com collection.

Felt like an awesome deal I couldn't resist.

I'm playing Legends of Dawn.  I went back to it after a month+ layoff to see if they've implemented any changes/patches.  There have been some patches and a few things implemented, but for the most part, it's still the same clunky experience.  Strangely enough, I'm kind of almost enjoying the game despite all the faults with it, and good gravy are there some glaring faults:  Very awkward controls, clumsy combat, lack of tool tips or any kind of explanation for many things, some of the worst camera issues I've seen in a while, hilariously bad enemy AI, corpses showing up as upright statues on reloads, design decisions that defy all logic, absolutely zero polish, etc.  Yet with all that, I'm kind of looking forward to playing it some more.  I can't really make sense of it, it doesn't add up in my head.

:shrugz:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing Duck Tales.

Beat the Amazon level after three attempts at the boss.

Level was a bit short. But I am starting to get to that age when slightly too short is better than slightly too long :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Guest Slinky

Playing Duck Tales.

Beat the Amazon level after three attempts at the boss.

Level was a bit short. But I am starting to get to that age when slightly too short is better than slightly too long :)

How does it compare to the original, if you have played it? The original NES Duck Tales is the very first game I've ever played so I'm interested out of nostalgia. Just not sure about that remastered version yet, checked it's soundtrack at youtube and transylvania theme is bloody dubstep!

Edited by Slinky

I'm playing Legends of Dawn.  I went back to it after a month+ layoff to see if they've implemented any changes/patches.  There have been some patches and a few things implemented, but for the most part, it's still the same clunky experience.  Strangely enough, I'm kind of almost enjoying the game despite all the faults with it, and good gravy are there some glaring faults:  Very awkward controls, clumsy combat, lack of tool tips or any kind of explanation for many things, some of the worst camera issues I've seen in a while, hilariously bad enemy AI, corpses showing up as upright statues on reloads, design decisions that defy all logic, absolutely zero polish, etc.  Yet with all that, I'm kind of looking forward to playing it some more.  I can't really make sense of it, it doesn't add up in my head.

I helped fund this game on KS but to be honest your view isn't really a positive report of the game. Should I wait till it gets more stable before playing it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I helped fund this game on KS but to be honest your view isn't really a positive report of the game. Should I wait till it gets more stable before playing it?

Stability isn't the (main) problem.  I don't see how much can be done to improve the game.  Adding more tooltips and better explanations of things is feasible, but much of the game's problems stem from poor design decisions, and I don't really think that can ever be fixed, barring a complete overhaul of the game.  The game reeks of an inexperienced team with some interesting ideas but not the experience to implement them properly or knowledge that some of the thins that look good on paper won't really work in a video game.  Whether you play the game now or 6 months from now, I suspect you're in for more or less the same experience.  Be prepared for something that is exceedingly rough around the edges.  Also, rough in the middle, basically rough through every atom of its electronic mass.  If you can get past the shortcomings, and adapt to the awkward controls, and get past the horrific camera , you may get some enjoyment out of it, as I have.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How does it compare to the original, if you have played it? The original NES Duck Tales is the very first game I've ever played so I'm interested out of nostalgia. Just not sure about that remastered version yet, checked it's soundtrack at youtube and transylvania theme is bloody dubstep!

I had played the old DOS game Duck Tales: Quest for Gold that had nothing to do with the Nintendo games or this remastered version, where you had to also fly the plane. That wasn't a very good game, but at that time it was good enough for us that it was a game ;)

I played Duck Tales on the Gameboy. While I loved it back then, I can't say I remember it all that well to do a comparison. You still play as Scrooge and you still use the cane to pogo around? Can't be of more help. It plays well though, and in the end that is what counts to me: that it has gameplay that works. If that means that someone who has a working NES and fires it up finds differences, then so be it ;)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Stability isn't the (main) problem.  I don't see how much can be done to improve the game.  Adding more tooltips and better explanations of things is feasible, but much of the game's problems stem from poor design decisions, and I don't really think that can ever be fixed, barring a complete overhaul of the game.  The game reeks of an inexperienced team with some interesting ideas but not the experience to implement them properly or knowledge that some of the thins that look good on paper won't really work in a video game.  Whether you play the game now or 6 months from now, I suspect you're in for more or less the same experience.  Be prepared for something that is exceedingly rough around the edges.  Also, rough in the middle, basically rough through every atom of its electronic mass.  If you can get past the shortcomings, and adapt to the awkward controls, and get past the horrific camera , you may get some enjoyment out of it, as I have.

Thanks for the feedback, I respect your opinion on games so I'll wait till I have nothing really exciting to play before attempting this one :)

John Milton 

Games that like to make you download large patches on a regular basis should have faster (and more stable) servers. I could cook dinner, eat it, and this still wouldn't be done.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had played the old DOS game Duck Tales: Quest for Gold that had nothing to do with the Nintendo games or this remastered version, where you had to also fly the plane. That wasn't a very good game, but at that time it was good enough for us that it was a game ;)

I loved that game when I was a kid :)

Good memories.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

dragons dogma dark arisen = so good

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

NW:Online - bought one of the Mystic horse mounts for 750k AD. I still have 3.5 million AD and I wouldn't mind another one if it someone else was selling one for cheap. :biggrin:  Not that interested in the upcoming new content at this point ... but still collecting useless pets and mounts? Sure, why not. Nope, I'm not illogically compulsive, not me. :facepalm: 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got Xillia in the morning so playing for a little while. Alternating with Star Ocean 4 Battle trophy collecting :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Been playing Dragon Age: Origins lately. But am trying to get back to Shadowrun Returns mapping. I'm starting the third map, which I think I'll be able to reuse in all acts, so I'm both excited and intimidated.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After I finish this NWN 2 playthrough, I'll try Baldur's Gate Reloaded and Icewind Dale - NWN 2.  Not sure what to expect, but I won't set my hopes too high.  It aught to be fun either way unless I run into game breaking bugs.

What RPGs would you compare Dragons Dogma to?  I might dreadfully fire up the PS3 again if it's really good.  

Edited by Rhamnetin

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

Mafia 2. There's a lot of driving, but other than that, it's been fairly good so far.

Tried the Rayman legends demo and I'm almost certain the PS3 version will be bought this Christmas so I can play it in 4 player co-op.

What RPGs would you compare Dragons Dogma to?  I might dreadfully fire up the PS3 again if it's really good.

If you have to compare it to something, it's party based Dark Souls, but that's really not very accurate. It's a lot more forgiving, less focus on boss fights, no PvP.

It's really its own thing right now.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Out of mild curiosity, has anyone tried Fallen Earth before? A post-apoc mmo/mmp sounds kinda cool...altho it sounds a bit time consuming. Maybe there's a better online post-apoc game out there. 

After I finish this NWN 2 playthrough, I'll try Baldur's Gate Reloaded and Icewind Dale - NWN 2.  Not sure what to expect, but I won't set my hopes too high.  It aught to be fun either way unless I run into game breaking bugs.

like an easier and slightly more rpg oriented dark souls, its really quite a lot of fun, but has a few design quirks that have really been improved by the new version (ie dark arisen lets you place some teleport crystals around the world so you dont have to do quite as much backtracking as in the original version)

its a lot of fun plotting a course through a dangerous area, knowing you need to arrive before nightfall or you could get trapped with no vision and lots of tough enemies around

gameplay feels like a much faster version of the combat in dark souls, but definitely not as fast as in games like devil may cry or god of war

i think dragons dogma is one of my top 3 games from last year

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finally made my way to San Francisco in Defiance's main story.

What I'm finding is the game has massive balance issues.  For instance, I've yet to have trouble with a single "end boss".  Yet friggin' "grunt" raiders seem to take my shields down so easily after a couple of shots that I find myself having to retreat from them and recharging.  It's just silly that a random raider that I stumble across while walking around the countryside is more of a threat to me than the main boss I face at the end of a chapter.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)