What you did today

Pidesco

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's all taken care of now. I booked a villa for seven days at the Weke Road Estate resort in Kuai, Hawai'i. I wanted either Kuai or Molikai because they are off the beaten path but I figured one day we'd take the plane over to Oahu to go shopping and hang out at Waikiki. I picked a US destination because I didn't want there to be any snags or hang ups. This has to go perfectly, plus I don't know if she has a passport and I don't know don't know how to ask without giving anything away.

I already asked her to take some time off work for a little get away. She doesn't know where though. That's going to be a surprise. I'll tell her a few days before we go so she knows what to pack but I've taken care of everything else.  

But that's not the only surprise though. If all goes well I'm going to propose on this trip so wish me luck!

I'm going to guess you meant Kaua'i.  In which case, good choice.  Of the 3 Hawai'ian islands I've been to, it's easily the one I would most like to go back to.  (Although I haven't been to the Big Island, which sounds intruiging.) 

Unless you or she is absolutely terrified of heights or small aircraft, definitely spring for a helicopter tour.  It is totally worth it. 

Edited by Enoch

The only limitations that will ever surely hold us back, are the ones we refuse to see.. I felt like I made a breakthrough today, mentally, spiritually.. I also wish GD gets the women of his dream.. God speed friend.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Awesome! Good luck GD, you dumb bastage. :p

I kid, marriage is a wonderful institution.

Indeed, I understand that many people have been institutionalized by it.

Wait, that didn't come out right...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

*head desk*

Insurance company wants to do an audit. They send us all the paperwork, we give it to my boss to mail it, he does not.

Insurance company estimates what the audit should be. Boss throws a fit about how they couldn't have done an audit (since he never sent them the stuff).

Insurance company gives us a chance to do a self audit, boss emphasizes that he might do it if he's around because it's not a priority for him.

Then tells me to do it. Because he's so very busy supervising the guys building him a new pool.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, GD. I got to echo the other boys here. Best of luck.

You don't know what happiness is until you get married etc. etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good luck GD! :)

You don't know what happiness is until you get married etc. etc.

Happiness is a fuzzy kitty giving wet nose kisses.

Marriage is ... all things rolled into one. Depends on the day. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Best of luck with it GD.

Houdini always said that the bonds of marriage were the only ones he could never escape from. And the only ones he never wanted to escape from.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

:lol:  Hopefully the second time will be the charm!

Wow GB, that is huge news around the proposal, gratz. :dancing:  :dancing:

But don't you think you rushing things and what if she says no?

Bruce, for someone who constantly pushes for romance in video games, you don't seem very supportive if it in real life.

Anyways, good luck GD. If she says no, request kinky sex.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Best wishes GD!

Dug out ye olde VCR and I'm currently watching the old Trinity films, I've got a grin from ear to ear. :D

Pondering if I should get a capture-card for the computer or not, could record all our old VCR's and also record those really old handheld camera tapes the family has.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

:lol:  Hopefully the second time will be the charm!

Wow GB, that is huge news around the proposal, gratz. :dancing:  :dancing:

But don't you think you rushing things and what if she says no?

Bruce, for someone who constantly pushes for romance in video games, you don't seem very supportive if it in real life.

Anyways, good luck GD. If she says no, request kinky sex.

To be honest I hope GD isn't offended but I really like and respect him so I feel I have to ask. He has only been dating this lady for 3 months? And I just want to make sure he isn't rushing things

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If I recall correctly, GD had a relationship with this woman before.  He doesn't seem to want to let her get away again, and the hopeless romantic in me digs that :)

Best of luck GD, you deserve to grow old with someone.

I'd ramp up the lovin' and say he deserves to stay young with someone. But that would be nauseating.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Best of luck GD, you deserve to grow old with someone.

I'd ramp up the lovin' and say he deserves to stay young with someone. But that would be nauseating.

Wow guys at least you are admitting your platitudes are nauseating

:p

But on a serious note and this is not directed at GD and his decision. I find people generally say what is expected of them and give advice on subjects as it sounds like the right thing to say instead of the actual right thing to say. Its just easier to do that but when it comes to people I care about I am generally honest. So someone comes to me for advice about there relationship and says " I really love my b-friend and I'm pregnant. But he is going out every night with his friends and his  mom really doesn't like me. Now that I'm pregnant our families want us to married"

I could easily say " yes get married, you are pregnant and I'm sure you can resolve these issues" and give her reassurance. But I refuse to do this. I would typically say " you cannot proceed with this marriage unless certain things change, his family need to accept you and he needs to communicate this to them. Love is not enough in these circumstances and if you get married now just because you feel its the right thing to do you are going to have major issues later on "

I am simplifying my point a little but I think you know what I am trying to say :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm. I seem to bounce from extremes. I've had the gf who told me I was a cold-hearted sociopathic bastard, I've had various "you're charmingly quirky, or quirkily charming", I've got a couple of ex's that are still good friends, and I've run into one ex who is now married and actually told me she still thinks about me.

Heh, and I've still got the emotional wounds from the Grand Ex, who was the love of my life. C'est la vie. C'est la amor.

If it's not passionate, it aint love. If it aint love, it's not going to end up hurting. The question you have to always ask yourself, is whether the good times and the memories you might forge are going to be worth the hurt that could potentially follow.

I either get the "you're a player, aren't you?!" and/or "i want you to be the father of my (unborn/existing) children, we should go out on a date sometime" approach, occasionally in the same sentence. I really pull out the crazies. Or it's the whole I've been screwed over so many times I no longer give a **** coupled with the social status being in a respected law firm gives you (if there's such a thing as a respected firm, instead of an expensive one, this one should qualify)

Or, a unique happenstance, but a personal favourite: An ex who married another guy (THE ex, I should say) telling me that she chose wrong. :p

Anybody ever been to Italy? Any suggestions on "must see" places besides Rome?

The lakes up north (Como, Garda) are pretty sweet, but October's probably a bit late in the year for those. I'd say the same applies to Venice. I think September SHOULD still be ok, but I wouldn't really go elsewhere than Sicily in October or later. Re: choosing US after all: That's why I always wind up going to Europe instead of US, in the end.

Meanwhile, my flu went to sinuitis and I've been a sick lil' Nep for the past five days. Now back at work, and really feeling just marginally better. My two week summer holiday's also shrinking fast due to this, I'm now down to next week + the monday after. ****. Happily this time I'm not "losing" the days, I just won't be able to use them before xmas.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's not a done deal yet but I am confident how she will answer when I ask. I met her a few years ago. I was in a bad car accident and ended up with a few broken bones. She was a nurse in the office I did PT in, but not one that worked with me. I asked her out and things just went from there. We dated for almost 11 months until we just drifted apart.

There were a lot of reasons for that, mainly me though. My first marriage did not end well. Neither did hers actually but she had put that behind her and I hadn't I guess. I was carrying around all this bitterness for my ex-wife and was just totally against the idea of getting re-married. So I tended to run off women I dated long enough for things to get serious. My ex called me a year ago to tell me she was getting remarried. We spoke for a long time and I wished her all the best and I think that was when I finally put down that load I didn't even realize I had been carrying.

Stephanie reached out to me last month I think just to say Hi and I took her to dinner and we ended up spending the weekend together and have sort of picked up where we left off. It might be too soon to ask but now I KNOW I want to and I think she wants me to and hopefully the combination of Hawai'i and a nice ring will help settle any doubts she might have. Plus doing it like this might preempt any expectations she might have. I WANT this to sweep her off her feet. I want this to be a surprise. 

She is a lot like me in many ways. Divorced, no kids, independent, and very self confident. Plus she is sexy as hell! A winning combination. I have been looking around for rings. I was looking at Tiffany's actually but it seems they really only make solitaire rings. There is something about that little blue box though. 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I wish I still had the "gaming stamina" of 5-10 years ago. Few times a year I might get quite hooked for a few days, a week or maybe a month but just feels like no game is ever going to capture me for months on end again, if you know what I mean.

Maybe playing w/hubs so often over the past couple years has spoiled me now? No fun without him, no fun without all the giggles (goodness but hubs can make me lol....) and discussions after a long session? :disguise:

...I sure hope they make a Borderlands 3 someday...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pretty sure they will. Not like Gearbox really has any luck with other IPs :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started watching the series Battlestar Galactica just to see what all the fuzz is (or was) about; I'm currently at episode #3 and....I'm not pressed.. Starbuck and Adama are awesome though. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Pretty sure they will. Not like Gearbox really has any luck with other IPs :p

Good point.

Just hope they don't outsource too much of the work, because that doesn't seem to do well for them. I hear that the Tiny Tina was not outsourced (the other BL2 dlc's were) and imo it's the best one. So basically...stop outsourcing, Gearbox.

Started watching the series Battlestar Galactica just to see what all the fuzz is (or was) about; I'm currently at episode #3 and....I'm not pressed.. Starbuck and Adama are awesome though. 

I never could get into that series either, it never captured my interest after watching the first 4 or so with some friends. Same thing with Star Trek.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just hope they don't outsource too much of the work, because that doesn't seem to do well for them. I hear that the Tiny Tina was not outsourced (the other BL2 dlc's were) and imo it's the best one. So basically...stop outsourcing, Gearbox.

I still need to finish off the existing DLCs, friends haven't bothered to play it. Though it's not as fun as my buddy's Gunzerker tears through stuff while my Maya does very little.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good point.

But they had to outsource stuff so that they could ruin Aliens! :)

I thought it was pretty good all the way up to and past the New Capirca part in season 3. It really jumped the shark after that. It's like they were out of ideas. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I enjoyed the e-cigarette too much on my first day and ended up giving myself a bit of the old nicotine poisoning, the last 48 hours have been full of headaches and sicky feelings but I'm much better today and I got some new liquids with way less nicotine.  I haven't wanted a real cigarette for days (hate the taste anyway) so one way or another the plan seems to be working.

Also my driving instructor said I'm ready for the test  :dancing:

Edited by WDeranged