What you did today

Pidesco

Post what you did today, so that we can know what you did last Summer, a few months from now.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Been dating the 20 year old and I gotta say, I didn't notice the age difference until I met her friends.. wow.. But that also tells me that maturity might be a function of company kept rather than mindset.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

My experience with 20 year olds tells me you might commit seppuku, eventually. They are more annoying than emo hipsters. Older women is where it's at.

Aside: I like how Firefox's spell checker suggests "Giuseppe" as the correct spelling of "sepukku". Poor Giuseppe.

• Like 4

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Been dating the 20 year old and I gotta say, I didn't notice the age difference until I met her friends.. wow.. But that also tells me that maturity might be a function of company kept rather than mindset.

Be wary. In private she'll be moving 'up' to try and accomodate you, as well.

I have gone back to a previous 'version' of my approach to women. Logically one ought to be honest and forthright. But I am now utilising every confusing and destabilising trick I can think of. No girlfriends, but in the last two months I've now got three women in what you might call a 'stable orbit'.

If it wasn't the only bloody approach I'd found that works I'd almost be ashamed.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The only thing that really bothers me is the lack of initiative in most young girls, they know what they want, they are just afraid to ask for it .. or take it.

Where older girls get really aggressive about it haha.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

The reason I'd never date a young woman (18-24) is they have never been anywhere, never done anything, and don't know anything. I want a woman who has had all of her unrealistic expectations of life burned out of her. Someone more like me I guess!   :lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

KaineParker, on 28 Jul 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:snapback.png

Enoch, on 28 Jul 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:snapback.png

My brother-in-law and I are fairly certain that the gentleman we saw having lunch at an outdoor cafe here in a trendy DC suburb was in fact Neil Gaiman. 

We were too dignified (and restrained by the presence of our wives) to approach him.

I don't think I could show that level of restraint.

I'm pondering this over my breakfast toast.

We know that Neil Gaiman likes reckless enthusiasm, because he's crazy about his wife, AFP. We also know that the strong characters in his books are usually effortless and suave. We may assume therefore that he is a little shy, and not always self-composed. You were therefore correct. He should not be disturbed while he is eating.

I suggest - somewhat idly - that the correct approach would be to bribe the waiting staff to inform you when he is getting up to leave. This is a moment of setting forth, with a confidently full stomach. In addition, if he looks irate at the intrusion then you can apologise and deftly offer to pay for his lunch.

Well, we had just finished eating at a place down the street, and none of us think that quickly on our feet. 

My B-i-L first spotted Neil as he walked by, while we were eating at a different outdoor cafe.  When we finished and walked towards the parking garage, we went right by their table.  Neil, AFP, and 3 other folks.  I take this as confirmation:  https://twitter.com/amandapalmer/status/361636604760170496

The only thing that really bothers me is the lack of initiative in most young girls, they know what they want, they are just afraid to ask for it .. or take it.

Hah. Not always true, but certainly the fierce ones only get fiercer.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Heh, I used to know a girl at University who would totally vamp it up and act as the aggressive sex kitten type. She said it actually cut down on the guys that hit on her and worked as a defense. She always claimed that the average guy in a club or pub get intimidated by a girl like that, don't know how to handle it, and end up backing down and leaving them alone.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Heh, I used to know a girl at University who would totally vamp it up and act as the aggressive sex kitten type. She said it actually cut down on the guys that hit on her and worked as a defense. She always claimed that the average guy in a club or pub get intimidated by a girl like that, don't know how to handle it, and end up backing down and leaving them alone.

I like that strategy :)

That would put me off but not because I would be intimidated.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've always lived by the philosophy that if a girl doesn't leave scars when she leaves you're life, you're not doing it right..

Emotional or otherwise. ;)

I always get slapped when breaking up, does that count?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, but it's more fun when you leave her intact emotionally.

She was dating me, there is no way she gets out of that emotionally intact.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hm. I seem to bounce from extremes. I've had the gf who told me I was a cold-hearted sociopathic bastard, I've had various "you're charmingly quirky, or quirkily charming", I've got a couple of ex's that are still good friends, and I've run into one ex who is now married and actually told me she still thinks about me.

Heh, and I've still got the emotional wounds from the Grand Ex, who was the love of my life. C'est la vie. C'est la amor.

If it's not passionate, it aint love. If it aint love, it's not going to end up hurting. The question you have to always ask yourself, is whether the good times and the memories you might forge are going to be worth the hurt that could potentially follow.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've always lived by the philosophy that if a girl doesn't leave scars when she leaves you're life, you're not doing it right..

Can't see being blasted by buckshot as a good thing, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My only consolation for the ones that got away are the ones that got away after the ones that got away.

-Elwood Blues

I've always taken a sort of perverse pleasure when the one that got away made the next guys life a hell that would make Dante cringe. I don't normally take pleasure in the suffering of others but it get the sense I dodged a bullet. That has happened two times that I can think of. 

Then again sometimes the ones that got away come back!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Speaking of that, I was talking about Skyrim to another die hard player this morning. He asked me why I married Lydia since there were better characters for that. I told him it was because all she did was sit in the bedroom, drink, and stare at me as I slept. After a while she started to remind me of my ex-wife!

I laughed about that all day :lol:

• Like 5

Thomas Sowell

Coworker left today, worked with him for 2 years and was one of two guys I could call friend at work. Sad about it, but oh well. Did laugh at how lame his send off was, no farewell office drinks or anything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm a pro then!

As am I.

I have to admit, I find running into exs very awkward. One time while I was very intoxicated, I ran into an ex with whom I had a particularly explosive breakup and she told me she still thought about me sometimes. Five minutes later she slapped me after I suggested we get a bottle of vodka and perform some hedonistic acts. Women.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I have been given to understand that your mistake was not ordering champagne.

-Elwood Blues