What are you playing now?

Hubby's current running around in BL2 has equaled a lot of Legendary items dropping. He's gone from lvl43-50 and has had maybe 7 oranges drop, mostly from trash mobs (eg, he's not "farming" anything). I wonder if they altered the chance percentages with the last patch or DLC.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

More Mount and Blade, think I signed up with the wrong kingdom the Vaegyir are getting stomped after taking on pretty much everyone. The ersatz Mongols in the game are beyond annoying to fight.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mark of the Ninja, trying to 100% it while also trying to get high enough scores to beat people on my friend list... not hard, since only 1 of the 5 who own the game have finished it

Path of Nightmares is the way to go

Mark of the Ninja, trying to 100% it while also trying to get high enough scores to beat people on my friend list... not hard, since only 1 of the 5 who own the game have finished it

Path of Nightmares is the way to go

Path of Nightmares?! What is this nonsense. Path of Silence is the one true path. In and out without anybody knowing you were there because being able to run without alerting everyone on the map to your location is the best ability.

Sadly I played before the had leaderboard support on PC so I don't have any scores up. :(

My mom still won't attempt to turn on a computer by herself.  She insists she's scared she might press the wrong button and "blow it up".  Apparently the PCs in my home growing up had a dual purpose as an explosive devise.

If they had the 220v/110v switches on the PSU, they probably were.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Swadian Knights for everybody!

Those guys are seriously overpowered, wish they would make ground troops a little more useful.

Also, a pox on those Mongolians... and the Desert bandits!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Shadowrun Returns.  There is so much either wrong or could have been done better with this game, yet I'm loving every single second that I've been playing it.  While it's a very different game, I feel kind of like how I feel when playing Piranha Bytes games:  There are plenty of completely legitimate gripes to have with the game, yet I love the **** out of it and have tons of fun.  In the end, all the technical details don't mean anything if they don't add up to fun and while the technical stuff definitely doesn't add up for Shadowrun Returns, somehow I'm constantly having tons of fun.  In the end, fun is the point of any game I play.  It's too early to be calling out GotY, but I honestly can't think of any 2013 game I've had more fun with so far.  Just sayin'.  

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe it's just the novelty of the game, or maybe it's because there's nothing else I'm interested in playing at the moment, but Defiance is actually quite addicting ... when the server isn't being a pain in the butt.

The lag seems to have, largely, been fixed, but the issue with major lag/losing connection during a major Arkfall remains.  It's to the point where I entirely avoid them when I see them on the map.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Zone of the Enders 2 HD recently got an update patch on PS3 to fix the shoddy porting job so I figured it was about time to break the collection out and start playing those. I started with the first game. Only about an hour or two in so far though.

My mom still won't attempt to turn on a computer by herself.  She insists she's scared she might press the wrong button and "blow it up".  Apparently the PCs in my home growing up had a dual purpose as an explosive devise.

Shame that's cute :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just finished Dragon Age II and it wasn't as bad as internet has made it to be. Weaker than Origins, but definitely worth the 15€ I payed. I also understand the difference between professional reviews and fan reviews now much better. Repetitiveness of wave combat and areas, and some other stuff, start to grind down enjoyment the more you play and professional reviewers don't have that much time. 

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guest Slinky

Stopped playing Skyrim since just about everything started to annoy me. When I was about to start yelling at the monitor because every single npc I ran past had to say something bloody stupid for the millionth time, it became pretty clear I should just uninstall the game :p

Tred Faster Than Light, which I got from GoG summer sale. Fun little game, untill your well going game gets flushed down the toiled, not because you did something stupid, because you simply got unlucky. I think I'll stay away from this one while I still have hair on my head.

I just finished Dragon Age II and it wasn't as bad as internet has made it to be. Weaker than Origins, but definitely worth the 15€ I payed. I also understand the difference between professional reviews and fan reviews now much better. Repetitiveness of wave combat and areas, and some other stuff, start to grind down enjoyment the more you play and professional reviewers don't have that much time. 

I also enjoyed DA 2, it was entertaining but not fantastic. And of course it had Isabela :devil:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I also enjoyed DA 2, it was entertaining but not fantastic. And of course it had Isabela :devil:

I enjoyed a lot of the ideas within DA2. The execution I tended to suffer through. I think it was a collection of the little things that just kept taking small slices of enjoyment from it.

I loved the whole concept of this city, set over several years, seeing the consequences of your choices over that time. It just, didn't seem to actually be that worthwhile by the end of it. Especially with some of those story twists, turns and that inevitable fallout regardless of your choices.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I would defend Dragon Age II against the hatebase if Act 3 wasn't so dreadfully done. It's the worst segment of a non-Japanese RPG I've ever seen, at least until Mass Effect 3's ending. It's Final Fantasy XIII quality.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For me it was the insultingly simplified side quests, the endless waves, the repeated enviroments, the inability to talk to friends and family, the inability to be able to control your own dialogue, the ugly engine, the reliance on combat alternating with conversation, the lifeless enviroments, the inability to affect the linear plot, the reliance on the standard mcguffin plot, the inability to get rid of the companions, the horribly cliche'd and caricatured companions themselves, the vogue-ing combat system, the lack of subtlety in every aspect from narrative to art design, the upper, middle and lower right morality system and the horribly creepy hands.

The boots and gauntlets were nicely rendered however, and I enjoyed it generally.

Edit: Thought the central conflict was also rather uninspired and illogical, the Qunari were far more interesting than the simplified and childish Templar and Mage conflict.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

For me it was the insultingly simplified side quests, the endless waves, the repeated enviroments, the inability to talk to friends and family, the inability to be able to control your own dialogue, the ugly engine, the reliance on combat alternating with conversation, the lifeless enviroments, the inability to affect the linear plot, the reliance on the standard mcguffin plot, the inability to get rid of the companions, the horribly cliche'd and caricatured companions themselves, the vogue-ing combat system, the lack of subtlety in every aspect from narrative to art design, the upper, middle and lower right morality system and the horribly creepy hands.

Wow.

And here I thought my opinion on dragon age was low.

Why do you play Bioware games in the first place?