What are you playing now?

The few times I can actually log on to the Defiance servers, the game itself is ... nice.  I'm still trying to get the hang of it since the actual manual is lacking, and so I'm learning on the fly.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Titan Quest multiplayer. It's really fun to explore this vast world and just kill (almost) everything that gets in your way. I'm playing a theurgist (sp?) and to my surprise finding it fun. I usually go melee, but my companion went melee this time.

• Like 1

I've been messing around with New Vegas again, giving Honest Hearts another go.  I had forgotten that Zion Valley was the only area in FNV where I had repeated stability problems.  Crashes to desktop and quicksaves failing to load are an unpleasant combination.  It's not insurmountable, but it's annoying.

If I remember, I'll tell Steam to start downloading Dishonored before I go to bed tonight. 

Edited by Enoch

I'm playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Fun game, but I have a complaint. There's no carrot. The story isn't even trying to be compelling. You start off with all the guns accessible. You start off with the full map. The only unlocks are weapon mods and a few abilities.

Is that a complaint, though? The game essentially has minimal mechanisms that artificially lengthen it. Maybe I should be praising that. It only has any reason to last as long as I'm having fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Fun game, but I have a complaint. There's no carrot. The story isn't even trying to be compelling. You start off with all the guns accessible. You start off with the full map. The only unlocks are weapon mods and a few abilities.

Is that a complaint, though? The game essentially has minimal mechanisms that artificially lengthen it. Maybe I should be praising that. It only has any reason to last as long as I'm having fun.

I'm looking at it more like a bonus level or DLC than an actual game.  

It took me a good 6 or 7 tries to beat the fire breathing dragon in the lava level in Unepic.  The first 2 deaths were just me figuring out the pattern and approach to killing him.  I had a couple of deaths earlier in the level just getting to him (as you can imagine, falling into the lava is insta-death).  One time I died when I didn't bring enough arrows and just ran out of ammo, and I died a couple of times just making a fatal mistake during the fight when I fully knew how to beat him.  Oddly enough, i didn't find any of this frustrating.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

People keep sending me clan requests and group requests, but I'm still trying to figure out how to see who these random folks are.

Yeah I've noticed that too.

Why can't people just let me solo in peace? ;(

It'll usually be after one massive group destroys one of those Arkfall things.  Then I'll get a random message from one person, and have no real idea who it was or how good they were.  And the message disappears right away before I get much of a chance to do a bit of checking up on them.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It took me a good 6 or 7 tries to beat the fire breathing dragon in the lava level in Unepic.  The first 2 deaths were just me figuring out the pattern and approach to killing him.  I had a couple of deaths earlier in the level just getting to him (as you can imagine, falling into the lava is insta-death).  One time I died when I didn't bring enough arrows and just ran out of ammo, and I died a couple of times just making a fatal mistake during the fight when I fully knew how to beat him.  Oddly enough, i didn't find any of this frustrating.

Keyrock you seem to be a veteran of gaming, do you ever go to forums or watch video's to see how to beat bosses if you have been beaten a few times?

In other words do you get advice on the strategy around how to win a certain battle

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Defiance is still badly bugged when it comes to the Arkfalls.  Every single time there's one where you have to destroy a bunch of them before finally facing a final "boss", the game freezes up for me.  It'll boot me, and then when I return to the game, the Arkfall is complete and I get the rewards (though not many kills due to the whole freezing up thing).  This happens every single time.

Also, some players are just morons.  I was shot and had to be revived, but instead of doing that the other player just ran past me and tried to kill the enemy on his own.  I ended up dying and he ended up stealing the kill.

• Like 1

Fired up Torchlight 2, which is pretty enjoyable for a Diablo clone. Too bad I have a long day of work on the 25th, or else I would hole up and burn through Shadowrun Returns.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Not playing it yet, but I pre-ordered (and paid) Europa Universalis IV from Gamersgate. Digital Extreme Edition no less (what a ridiculous name).

Very much looking forward to it. I got that itch that has turned into a sore spot, constantly scratching the same place for a few years with EU III now :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I played Civilization 3 Complete yesterday, and that was the first time I played a Civ game in 10 years maybe, I remember fooling around with Civ 1 some back then.

That "One more turn" syndrome is ****ing real! Played it for 10 hours in around 3 sittings in a single day. I don't even play strategy games!!!

• Like 1

Still mucking around in M&B, kind of not sure what to do at the moment - warband is rather small. But still finding fights here and there, did get a craptastic village at least. I guess I'll give that a break once Shadowrun launches, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Couple hours of two-player Monaco. All the gameplay videos I've watched prior have been the full four players, so I wasn't sure how well it'd play with fewer, but it worked pretty well. Didn't want to be reliant on the Lookout, so tried a few different pairs, resulting in some pretty chaotic gameplay whenever neither of us played Lookout, or to a lesser extent, Gentleman. Still, some classes do feel like a luxury that's far less viable without a full party.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Keyrock you seem to be a veteran of gaming, do you ever go to forums or watch video's to see how to beat bosses if you have been beaten a few times?

In other words do you get advice on the strategy around how to win a certain battle

Only if I get REALLY stuck and I've reached the point of serious frustration.  I'll die 10 times in a row and keep trying to figure it out myself as long as I'm not ready to put my fist through the monitor.

Fired up Torchlight 2, which is pretty enjoyable for a Diablo clone. Too bad I have a long day of work on the 25th, or else I would hole up and burn through Shadowrun Returns.

I had contemplated suddenly developing a sickness, but, nah, can't do that.  Hopefully it drops early enough in the morning that I can set it to download before I leave for work so that it's ready when I get home.

I'm quite happy about scooping up Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.  I almost feel bad for getting it for free (thank you trading cards), almost.  It's a really fun game and absolutely perfect as a secondary or tertiary game to play since you don't need to worry about story and you can play it in bite size pieces.  I really love how everything in the game changes dynamically when you switch personalities from cute Giana to punk Giana, especially the music.  The dynamic and seamless music switching is one of the more brilliant pieces of audio work I've heard in a game in quite some time. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It sux but the batteries in my Xbox controller are dead so I can't play Darksiders tonight ;(

So I won't be gaming at all but I have had some good laughs because of peoples comments on other threads so I've enjoyed the night immensely :biggrin: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It sux but the batteries in my Xbox controller are dead so I can't play Darksiders tonight ;(

There are no battery stores nearby? Maybe you could hook up a bag or two of potatoes ... :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts