Dragon Age III / The Witcher 3 trailers. Impressions?

Rahelron

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these games?

• They will both be great.
    • TW3 will be good/great, DA3 will not.
    • DA3 will be good/great, TW2 will not.
    • They will both suck.

If Morrigan was some sort of compelling character, rather than a dull two-dimensional biyatch, then I might understand why she might feature in more games.

And before someone posts 'Haters Gonna Hate' I actually liked the gay elf assassin dude and Sten in DA:O.

I actually agree with you re Morrigan, never found the character particularly exciting. Of course, at this stage there are few elements in DAO that do excite me, so...

So you're going to buy only three copies?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If Morrigan was some sort of compelling character, rather than a dull two-dimensional biyatch, then I might understand why she might feature in more games.

And before someone posts 'Haters Gonna Hate' I actually liked the gay elf assassin dude and Sten in DA:O.

I actually agree with you re Morrigan, never found the character particularly exciting. Of course, at this stage there are few elements in DAO that do excite me, so...

If you read what I wrote, I'm talking of Origins, so any buying of that is in the past. If you thought I was referring to DA3, the game's over a year away. I could be knee deep in diapers by then for all I know. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you read what I wrote, I'm talking of Origins, so any buying of that is in the past. If you thought I was referring to DA3, the game's over a year away. I could be knee deep in diapers by then for all I know. :p

You are quiting law and starting a diaper import/export business?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Who cares what we think? We'll all buy and then complain about them.

But what will we talk about until then

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who cares what we think? We'll all buy and then complain about them.

But what will we talk about until then

There will be Kickstarter games out. That should be enough drama for an entire decade.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Found your Morrigan have you?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

There are lots of things to complain about.

Yeah, like Scandinavians!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If they return the camera as it was in DA:O I might consider getting DA3. Otherwise it just reinforces my belief that this series (and Bioware as a whole I suppose) is moving in a direction I have no interest in pursuing.

• Like 2

After numerous false starts and complaints, I trudged through DA2 last year.  I enjoy the universe, but I almost gave it up after DA2.  Since alanschu has guaranteed it will be better, I'll be picking up DA3.  If it's bad I'll drive north and toilet paper his house.

I've never got around to finishing The Witcher, so I will probably wait on TW3.  I have no idea why it doesn't keep my interest, I've played to act 2 twice and then stopped.

I voted they will both suck because this thread was entirely too positive :p

Hah!  The funny thing is that Deraldin doesn't know how to use the forum software in order to verify my guarantee! :lol:

If they return the camera as it was in DA:O I might consider getting DA3. Otherwise it just reinforces my belief that this series (and Bioware as a whole I suppose) is moving in a direction I have no interest in pursuing.

I know I will end up getting both (probably even preorder) even though I could barely finish DA2 (loved DAO) and never got more than a couple hours into TW2 (was the same for TW1) before putting it down and never going back to it.

Looking forward to DA3 more than TW3 though but if they can't turn things around by DA 5 or 6 then I'm outta here... unless DA7 gets really good reviews

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'll probably buy DA3 if it garners enough good reviews from trusted sources (not "professional game journalists",) unless it's Origins only in which case i'll do as the song says and walk on by.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'll probably buy DA3 if it garners enough good reviews from trusted sources (not "professional game journalists",) unless it's Origins only in which case i'll do as the song says and walk on by.

Nonek do you consider me a trusted source? I'll happily review DA3 for you. I am confident that it will provide a worthwhile RPG experience  :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"I put greater trust in CD Projekt than in Bioware, just because they haven't screwed up with their last two titles."

CDP always screw up. They make the same game repeatedly and they are both crap. They screwed up so bad they nearly went out of business.

"I think that those at bioware know that thay can't screw up anymore if they want to survive as a company."

BIO isn't a company. They are a division.

Still, BIO at its worse (KOTOR and Sonic) are vastly sueprior than CDP at its best (Twitcher).

ITS TRUE. ITS DAMN TRUE.

p.s. "Soo, Varric, Cassandra and Morrigan. Dragon could also be an Archdemon?"

I have a funy feeling that is a certain DA2 protaganist's dead body that marric is standing over.. That makes me sad. :(

p.s..s. It's dumb that you cna't be allowed to play a dwarf in DA3.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I put greater trust in CD Projekt than in Bioware, just because they haven't screwed up with their last two titles."

CDP always screw up. They make the same game repeatedly and they are both crap. They screwed up so bad they nearly went out of business.

"I think that those at bioware know that thay can't screw up anymore if they want to survive as a company."

BIO isn't a company. They are a division.

Still, BIO at its worse (KOTOR and Sonic) are vastly sueprior than CDP at its best (Twitcher).

ITS TRUE. ITS DAMN TRUE.

I have a funy feeling that is a certain DA2 protaganist's dead body that marric is standing over.. That makes me sad. :(

p.s..s. It's dumb that you cna't be allowed to play a dwarf in DA3.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Volo

So basically you are saying that CDP is a better company than Bioware? Do you really believe that...why do you think that? Are you sure you mean that. I suppose it may be true but are you sure that's what you mean. Think about it for while? Bioware has released more games so I would say they are more experienced at delivering RPG?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That was the impression I got as well but I also think that the figure in the standstorm has Hawke's silhouet. Even if it is that doesn't mean those scenes are in sequence but it's something to cling to.

Edited by Serrano

Yeah, it would be up to current Bioware standards for "we will explore Hawke's story" (or whatever it was they promised when they canceled the expansion) to actually mean that he shows up in a body bag in a trailer.

I'm more of a Viconia kind of guy when it comes to evil bitches, but the point was that anything that is over 9 months away is always subject to potential huge changes, on both sides of the screen. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I didn't mind Morrigan. As long as Fenris stays dead, I probably don't care (otherwise sticking my sword in his ribcage would have been a wasted effort).

Wouldn't mind seeing Varric, Zevran and possibly Isabella again. Need to get closer to release date though before my interest really picks up.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, it would be up to current Bioware standards for "we will explore Hawke's story" (or whatever it was they promised when they canceled the expansion) to actually mean that he shows up in a body bag in a trailer.

I'm more of a Viconia kind of guy when it comes to evil bitches, but the point was that anything that is over 9 months away is always subject to potential huge changes, on both sides of the screen. :p

Viconia :bow:

Who isn't a Viconia fan?

John Milton